ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games - Bowl Orgy

This is a blowout of epic proportions...but still think either Clemson or OSU can beat LSU. LSU is phenomenal, but I think Clemson and OSU are in the same league. No matter who is playing on 1/13, I think we’re in for a treat.

I think Joe Burrow has more TD passes in the first half than NU’s entire season total. [SIAP]

Wow, making more out of the comment than intended. Pro-style referred to the makeup of his talents per the football recruiting world. You know, pro-style, dual threat, no talent, etc. Not an opinion that HJ will be all world or not. Much of college football is favoring dual threat quarterbacks. Burrows doesn't fit that mold.

Wow, making more out of the comment than intended. Pro-style referred to the makeup of his talents per the football recruiting world. You know, pro-style, dual threat, no talent, etc. Not an opinion that HJ will be all world or not. Much of college football is favoring dual threat quarterbacks. Burrows doesn't fit that mold.

You are right, this is a separate point, which I happen to disagree with. Joe Burrow can play any type of style you want him to. Have you seen the guy run? He could run a dual threat system if they wanted him to but why bother.

Watching the Clemson vs. dOSU game, there are several familiar names on the Bugeye roster from our past recruiting efforts - Fields, Werner, Austin Mack, Borland, etc. Would've been nice to have some of those guys, to say the least. We made some inroads in the 2020 class, beating them for Josh Priebe and Terah Edwards. Hoping for Martinez to flip too.

Not sure if you guys heard. The daughter in law of the LSU OC was killed in a plane crash traveling to the game. She was a sideline reporter for the Saints and also covered the Pelicans. Her husband was not in the plane.

They mentioned that tragedy several times in the broadcast. The husband was already at the game.

dOSU is down 21-16 now in the 3rd quarter. The only time this late in a game this season? Really good game.

OSU dominated both lines but Lawrence and Etienne basically just made a couple more plays than Fields and Dobbins. Fumble TD reversal was the correct call so OSU didn’t get “robbed.” However, OSU may have had a better chance to upset LSU because of their pass rush. If Burrow has as much time as Fields did today it will be very tough for Clemson to stop LSU.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Not a good look for Ryan Day in the postgame locker room interview. The entire time was thinly veiled whining about the officiating. Wow.

The fumble overturn was the only real controversy in my mind, it was a tough call but the right one. He has to make a football move and he didn’t. If he had lost it out of bounds on that same play, few would be questioning the call. Watching in real time I was actually surprised that it wasn’t whistled incomplete right away.

Not a good look for Ryan Day in the postgame locker room interview. The entire time was thinly veiled whining about the officiating. Wow.

The fumble overturn was the only real controversy in my mind, it was a tough call but the right one. He has to make a football move and he didn’t. If he had lost it out of bounds on that same play, few would be questioning the call. Watching in real time I was actually surprised that it wasn’t whistled incomplete right away.
Yes you’re right. He only had 3 feet down. No football move there. Next time he can get his 4th foot down. Also the targeting was very questionable.

Yes you’re right. He only had 3 feet down. No football move there. Next time he can get his 4th foot down. Also the targeting was very questionable.
The overturned fumble looked to be a bang-bang play to me - tough call but I think the refs made the right choice.

That was definitely helmet-to-helmet targeting on 24. Paddy Fisher and other defenders for us have been ejected for much less.

I thought the game was called fairly. dOSU had the ball at the end and a chance to win it - and their QB made the wrong read, throwing a pick in the end zone.

Clemson-LSU should be a fun match-up. The next two #1 draft picks going head to head. Boring mascots though - Tigers on both sides of the field.

OSU is never content to just tackle someone - they always want to send a message. Baddest guy in the room. This time it cost them. On the targeting call on the tackle of Lawrence, Young also could been called for a personal foul. He tried to tear Lawrence's head off.

Lawrence is something. 6-6 gazelle. Fields and Dobbins were super tough. Even all numbed unbelievable how Dobbins ran on that ankle. Surprised that OSU did not have a better backup for him.

OSU dominated both lines but Lawrence and Etienne basically just made a couple more plays than Fields and Dobbins. Fumble TD reversal was the correct call so OSU didn’t get “robbed.” However, OSU may have had a better chance to upset LSU because of their pass rush. If Burrow has as much time as Fields did today it will be very tough for Clemson to stop LSU.

Lawrence took advantage of the doors opened for him, so have to give him credit. But Ohio State basically lost the game on two dumb plays, handing Clemson 14 points at the end of the first half. They dominated the game for long stretches. Clemson deserved the win, but I'm far from sure they're the better team.

Bias usually creeps in on those plays that could go either way. I've heard both sides on the fumble return/incomplete pass, depending whether you were a buckeye or clemson fan. I think its fair to say that whatever was called on the field should have stood. There is no way that was 100% conclusive. I was absolutely shocked they overturned it. Bad precedent.

OSU is never content to just tackle someone - they always want to send a message. Baddest guy in the room. This time it cost them. On the targeting call on the tackle of Lawrence, Young also could been called for a personal foul. He tried to tear Lawrence's head off.
Right — how many times did we hear “impose our violence” or whatever Day wants to do. That violent hit on Lawrence cost them the game. See what you hit.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
What’s your point? They played who they were scheduled to play and beat them soundly.
The "seriousely" does not apply to your post...but to ND .....as in seriously a 10 win team plays a 7 win team who had a 5-4 record in an ok conference....It may be how the system worked itself out...but I will go with my own conspiracy theory that says ND manipulated things (because they can) to get an opponent that would let them womp and stomp and polish their gold helmets and say Look at us....rather than play someone of equal record and risk losing. In reality the win added nothing to our evaluation of where they stand other than they are better than a 6th place team in an ok conference......I really dont like ND....so there may be some bias involved here

Bias usually creeps in on those plays that could go either way. I've heard both sides on the fumble return/incomplete pass, depending whether you were a buckeye or clemson fan. I think its fair to say that whatever was called on the field should have stood. There is no way that was 100% conclusive. I was absolutely shocked they overturned it. Bad precedent.

This!

The "seriousely" does not apply to your post...but to ND .....as in seriously a 10 win team plays a 7 win team who had a 5-4 record in an ok conference....It may be how the system worked itself out...but I will go with my own conspiracy theory that says ND manipulated things (because they can) to get an opponent that would let them womp and stomp and polish their gold helmets and say Look at us....rather than play someone of equal record and risk losing. In reality the win added nothing to our evaluation of where they stand other than they are better than a 6th place team in an ok conference......I really dont like ND....so there may be some bias involved here
I think they would have jumped on a NY6 bowl but none was offered. You can’t make velvet out if pigskin.

Illinois and Cal playing a pretty competitive and entertaining game on Fox. Illinois in solid orange with white block-I helmets.

It should have been us playing Cal today.
I disagree wholeheartedly.

Illannoy went 6-6. We went 3-9.

Thus, they earned a bowl bid and we did not come close.

You are what your record says you are, and hopefully our record will be much better in 2020.

The quarterback Peters does not stink, though, and what a marshmallow soft early schedule they have next year. They should at least have another winning season and keep Lovie on board.

The quarterback Peters does not stink, though, and what a marshmallow soft early schedule they have next year. They should at least have another winning season and keep Lovie on board.

He ain’t good. He’ll make one great throw and then three completely idiotic passes. A good defense would have a field day with him.

That was an entertaining game. Kind of mixed emotions, would've like to see a B1G in the national championship game ... but it is dOSU after all. Sorry @klemman ...

lol. Thanks for the consideration. A good game. The FGs vs TDS in the 1st half came back to bite... as it often does. I’m disappointed in the outcome, but playing as they did confirms that OSUbis every bit as good, and Day will be an outstanding coach going forward. “Sorry other Big 10 fans.”

He ain’t good. He’ll make one great throw and then three completely idiotic passes. A good defense would have a field day with him.
Huh? He played a lot of good defenses this year and played well. That roster is full of holes, but QB isn’t one of them.

I was *uninspired* by this UF-UVA matchup, but it’s been fun so far. What a play by the UVa QB (super good catch too).

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Perkins was offered by NU but went to hometown ASU and subsequently to VA. Went to Chandler HS where NU has pulled other players. Probably a story there on his NU recruitment but don't recall. Great athlete.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT