ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games - Bowl Orgy

Oregon’s marching band has some pretty sweet Nike uniforms.

Wisconsin is just a remarkable program.

D3 AD needs to be accountable. But I am fine with this as is. I read they only sold 4K tickets to the bowl which indicates limited interest by their fan base.

You'd have to be either a rabid fan or a glutton for punishment to travel from the midwest to California to see a 6-6 team that lost 29-10 to a 3-9 Northwestern team in its final game of the season. Wisconsin must have been asleep when they played the Illini.

You'd have to be either a rabid fan or a glutton for punishment to travel from the midwest to California to see a 6-6 team that lost 29-10 to a 3-9 Northwestern team in its final game of the season. Wisconsin must have been asleep when they played the Illini.
They were a little sleepy and Taylor had a huge red zone fumble in the 4th quarter when they were about to ice the game.

Baylor and Oregon are two programs that only recently had double-digit losses. Gives a glimmer of hope for NU next season. If we can find the right QB and have even a mediocre offense -- not one of the worst in the country -- then I think we can contend again for the B1G West.

Chryst is a Gem on the sideline.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I am tired of the B1G being on the wrong side of egregious calls. It's bad enough that every bowl game is effectively an away game, must we also add crap/BS calls to the mix?

The OPI against Wisc was ridiculous and sealed the game. Two wrong overturns against dOSU killed them.

If you want to go back a ways, how about the phantom TD scored by USC to beat OSU in the 80s or the Brian Musso "fumble" that gave the Trojans a touchdown in our Rose Bowl loss in '96. On the other hand, I'm told NU's win at the '49 Rose came with a controversial TD of it's own. Replay might have changed all those calls, but the human factor seems to be very much in play, with or without it.

Reactions: ricko654321
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I am tired of the B1G being on the wrong side of egregious calls. It's bad enough that every bowl game is effectively an away game, must we also add crap/BS calls to the mix?

The OPI against Wisc was ridiculous and sealed the game. Two wrong overturns against dOSU killed them.
It wasn’t only that call, we got bad spots, ridiculous ones really twice, one that should have been a first down and again near the end zone and earlier on twice after big gains we were called for unbelievably marginal holding calls to stop drives.
If they called them On Oregon too, you can make an argument but they called nothing on Oregon, nothing.

Last edited:
It wasn’t only that call, we got bad spots, ridiculous ones really twice, one that should have been a first down and again near the end zone and earlier on twice after big gains we were called for unbelievably marginal holding calls to stop drives.
If they called them On Oregon too, you can make an argument but they called nothing on Oregon, nothing.
Don’t fumble, and the Badgers win.

Bad calls are frustrating, but in reality, the game was lost due to turnovers and Oregon capitalizing a bit more on those turnovers.

On edit: Basically, what I meant by this was that I agree with Jack.

Bad calls are frustrating, but in reality, the game was lost due to turnovers and Oregon capitalizing a bit more on those turnovers.

On edit: Basically, what I meant by this was that I agree with Jack.

Reflecting back on the OSU and Wisconsin Bowl Games I have to agree with the adage (as stated by the announcers) that in the OSU game "both teams deserved to win." As to the Wisconsin game I would modify that adage to say that "both teams deserved to lose."

Reactions: loyolacat and DaCat
Reflecting back on the OSU and Wisconsin Bowl Games I have to agree with the adage (as stated by the announcers) that in the OSU game "both teams deserved to win." As to the Wisconsin game I would modify that adage to say that "both teams deserved to lose."
I think I'd rather see a game clearly decided because of actions of a player or coach, including turnovers, rather than some couch potato with a combover in a striped shirt. Replay sucks balls, and these guys are determined to make sure it stays around, by being as bad as replay.

Oh, and Jaz Peavy caught the ball. In our hearts we all know it

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
If you want to go back a ways, how about the phantom TD scored by USC to beat OSU in the 80s or the Brian Musso "fumble" that gave the Trojans a touchdown in our Rose Bowl loss in '96. On the other hand, I'm told NU's win at the '49 Rose came with a controversial TD of it's own. Replay might have changed all those calls, but the human factor seems to be very much in play, with or without it.

I think our friends at HtP can help with that one (always such a great resource for NU history):
RoseBowl49

It appears the monsoon has struck Birmingham. The much anticipated tilt between BC and Cincinnati is delayed. I fear it may have to be postponed until next fall.
Game has resumed. They are only going to have a 10 minute break at half time so that it does not conflict too much with the bowl game scheduled for 7 PM Eastern, the Indiana game

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
These announcers are so pro TN makes me sick.
I was kind of rooting for UT to smack the Hoosiers after they came on telling us to adopt the wing-T.

Now it looks like the Hoosiers will pull this off. Heck of a season by them. I can’t wait to put them back in their place... in 3 years.

2 smack talkers aren’t as bad as 202. SEC speed.
Yea but c’mon. They threw salt on a particularly sore wound. Plus it’s Indiana whom we usually beat like a drum.

Although I admit it was kind of funny to suggest the Wing-T.

UT just scored and recovered the onside kick! Karma may be at play.

I was kind of rooting for UT to smack the Hoosiers after they came on telling us to adopt the wing-T.

Now it looks like the Hoosiers will pull this off. Heck of a season by them. I can’t wait to put them back in their place... in 3 years.
Looks like "T" has wings.

Did any Indiana fans crap in a coffee pot at the team hotel?
That made me spit up my water... and I will finally admit that it was me.

I was the coffee pot culprit in Tampa. I couldn’t help it as the bathroom line was long, I had a couple too many nachos at the Buccaneers stadium, I was upset by another embarrassing loss, and the Mr. Coffee at my Holiday Inn practically begged me to use him instead.

The truth shall see us free...

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Looks like "T" has wings.
The game should have been over right there. Easiest dropped pick of the bowl season?

If Indiana had taken their own advice and run Wing-T in the fourth quarter they’d have won this going away. Just saying...

Reactions: phatcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT