ADVERTISEMENT

Paddy Fisher

The ribs are amazing. You must be referring to Graeters black raspberry chip.

I most certainly am!! The unofficial Northwestern tailgate ice cream. I had vaguely heard something about it until we had a gathering in Cincinnati the night before a Miami of Ohio game,and the locals, GOUNUII and CincyCat, educated me.after an order of the ribs, that ice cream really hit the spot. Of course the color made it even better.

I most certainly am!! The unofficial Northwestern tailgate ice cream. I had vaguely heard something about it until we had a gathering in Cincinnati the night before a Miami of Ohio game,and the locals, GOUNUII and CincyCat, educated me.after an order of the ribs, that ice cream really hit the spot. Of course the color made it even better.
I send the linebackers Graeters ice cream often during the season.

Reactions: nu greek
Was told Jango is at ~205 pounds and physically can't shed blocks at B1G level right now. That doesn't mean he can't or won't with time, just that at this time he's not quite B1G ready yet. Walsh is still 10 pounds heavier and yes, did an adequate job while playing last year. And comparing anyone to probably the best LB on planet earth in Keuchly is swimming upstream. He's the exception, not the rule
Jango got his DEXA scan today at 2 pm He weighted in at 227.6 and did 20 reps of 225 on the bench the other day.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
227? Hasn't he put on about 10 pounds over the past few months? I know he got sick and lost some weight. That sounds just about right for the WIL.
Yes, he had bronchitis at Spring ball. I am guessing he will lose about 7 lbs at Camp and play at about 220, which is where he should be.

April his DEXA weight was 216.

CatsDad, may I ask what DEXA means? Presumably it's an acronym for something, but the impression is that it's in some way especially accurate. Right?

Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry

Well, sure. Seeing those words makes it all clear. ;)

It was actually quite interesting to read the explanation you linked. My late mother suffered from horrible osteoporosis throughout much of her later life. I don't know what could have been done to prevent or ameliorate her condition, but earlier diagnosis surely would've helped. In those days I doubt if DEXA existed.

Reactions: CatsDad
Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry

Well, sure. Seeing those words makes it all clear. ;)

It was actually quite interesting to read the explanation you linked. My late mother suffered from horrible osteoporosis throughout much of her later life. I don't know what could have been done to prevent or ameliorate her condition, but earlier diagnosis surely would've helped. In those days I doubt if DEXA existed.
At a younger age they could have probably treated her once the DEXA showed her early bone loss.

Jango got his DEXA scan today at 2 pm He weighted in at 227.6 and did 20 reps of 225 on the bench the other day.

I'm ignorant about DEXA but it sounds like it is being used to measure weight and am curious why use it to measure weight when the traditional scales seem accurate enough?

I'm ignorant about DEXA but it sounds like it is being used to measure weight and am curious why use it to measure weight when the traditional scales seem accurate enough?

I assume bone density measurements are needed to properly estimate percent body fat on an athlete.

Reactions: CatsDad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT