ADVERTISEMENT

Paddy Fisher

He may be referring to me. I didn't say it that plainly. I've enjoyed my interactions with CatsDad. But I also imagine a future thread where we have a linebacker controversy because Jango and another player are competing for playing time and we want to discuss the pros and cons of each player... will it be awkward to have the player's dad following along so closely? Or, god forbid, what if Jango is starting and not playing well - I hope that never happens, but of course it does happen in sports sometimes. That's all I was saying.... and this was last year when he first joined the board. He has now become such a part of the group, that maybe we'll all feel perfectly comfortable discussing the highs and lows with him.
I fully expect Jango to have bad games. Jango is the first to say he played poorly when he does. Not to mention he will get feed back from his coaches, which he shares with me. He said he had a good scrimmage on BTN, he said he was slow and couldn't play well this last week because he was very ill. He was also only backer in two knee braces. I know as a parent if I want to be on these boards I have to expect criticism, it shouldn't be taken personally. I use to be more critical as you recall, but now I understand what every athlete goes through. I know players playing hurt, but gutting it out giving all they can to help us win. Almost every player on the team sacrifices to win and make their fans, families, friends, and alumni proud. They are all going to make mistakes. I know the heart and character of all these players. These young men chose hard academics and B1G football. Fitz and his staff are family oriented and genuinely love these young men, but they also are expecting to win a B1G. These players want to do well for Fitz and their position coaches. I know my son wants to hear good things from Coach Fitz, Coach Bates, Coach Hanks, and Coach Hooten. I am not offended by the truth or someone's perception of the truth. We are family, all of us. As much as gocatsgo2003 irritates me, I still consider him family. I am glad he is a fan and supports the Cat's, all the Cat's. We have so many great things happening and to share and talk about. I prefer to focus on them, not the negative.

I fully expect Jango to have bad games. Jango is the first to say he played poorly when he does. Not to mention he will get feed back from his coaches, which he shares with me. He said he had a good scrimmage on BTN, he said he was slow and couldn't play well this last week because he was very ill. He was also only backer in two knee braces. I know as a parent if I want to be on these boards I have to expect criticism, it shouldn't be taken personally. I use to be more critical as you recall, but now I understand what every athlete goes through. I know players playing hurt, but gutting it out giving all they can to help us win. Almost every player on the team sacrifices to win and make their fans, families, friends, and alumni proud. They are all going to make mistakes. I know the heart and character of all these players. These young men chose hard academics and B1G football. Fitz and his staff are family oriented and genuinely love these young men, but they also are expecting to win a B1G. These players want to do well for Fitz and their position coaches. I know my son wants to hear good things from Coach Fitz, Coach Bates, Coach Hanks, and Coach Hooten. I am not offended by the truth or someone's perception of the truth. We are family, all of us. As much as gocatsgo2003 irritates me, I still consider him family. I am glad he is a fan and supports the Cat's, all the Cat's. We have so many great things happening and to share and talk about. I prefer to focus on them, not the negative.
Why does Jango wear the braces? precautionary? Did he tear an ACL at some point in high school?

Larkin looked like he had beefed up quite a bit in that funny video with Jordan Thompson. Have you noticed a visible change in his physique.

I hate to ask, but how much does Jeremy weigh?
I don't know what Jeremy weights. He definitely has bulked up. I have watched him since 7 th grade. If you know him as a person, you can't help but be a fan. He is a great person. He is going to be an All B1G played

Dined at The Bagel at Old Orchard mall last night with the in-laws. Their matzo ball soup is top tier.

Was just about to suggest this. I live near the one in Lakeview, and as a certified matzo baller, I can attest: it's the best chicken broth I've ever had, anywhere. A shame the bagels themselves aren't too good, but then again there's not really a good bagel in Chicago.

Was just about to suggest this. I live near the one in Lakeview, and as a certified matzo baller, I can attest: it's the best chicken broth I've ever had, anywhere. A shame the bagels themselves aren't too good, but then again there's not really a good bagel in Chicago.
Sounds like you are very near us. We should get together sometime. Maybe discuss player weights?

Or you can put them on ignore.

But I cannot. As a moderator I have to be able to see everything, including you, and I do not think I have the ignore function. So I see everything you post. I guess that makes me lucky.

Het and I actually connected because of these boards. Far more parents of players read these posts than you would imagine. Most just refrain from posting

I am definitely aware of how many parents read the board without posting and always have read the board. A lot of people here don't seem to realize that. That is one reason why certain posts are deleted or frowned upon.

I was more of a "3 PB&J's before bed with one extra ready to go if I woke up during the night" kind of guy. Gold's Gym also had this weight gainer shake with something obscene like 1,600 calories that I used to drink before/during my workout. Took myself from 208 to 235 in about five months, so I'm well aware of how much work goes into adding that kind of bulk and the fact that is physically possible.

Apologies if I'm somehow "annoying." I didn't realize that a comment about Gallagher adding competitive depth and fitting best at Will could/would spark this kind of reaction from anyone. Along with emergence of a consistent threat(s) at WR and continued development of our OL, LB depth is one of the keys to success for the Cats in 2017 and was just looking to add Gallagher's name to the discussion because I think he could be in a position to contribute early in his career (especially given the unanticipated streak of retirements in the LB room that creates an opportunity that might not otherwise be there).

Never want anything but the best for the Cats, both as a team and individually.

I was more of a "3 PB&J's before bed with one extra ready to go if I woke up during the night" kind of guy. Gold's Gym also had this weight gainer shake with something obscene like 1,600 calories that I used to drink before/during my workout. Took myself from 208 to 235 in about five months, so I'm well aware of how much work goes into adding that kind of bulk and the fact that is physically possible.

Apologies if I'm somehow "annoying." I didn't realize that a comment about Gallagher adding competitive depth and fitting best at Will could/would spark this kind of reaction from anyone. Along with emergence of a consistent threat(s) at WR and continued development of our OL, LB depth is one of the keys to success for the Cats in 2017 and was just looking to add Gallagher's name to the discussion because I think he could be in a position to contribute early in his career (especially given the unanticipated streak of retirements in the LB room that creates an opportunity that might not otherwise be there).

Never want anything but the best for the Cats, both as a team and individually.
I understand. It is fine. I know how good Jango is and what I have been told by the coaches about him. If a linebacker comes in and can beat him out, it only makes us better.

But it is somewhat nice to know that you are still entitled to an opinion even if you have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about.

I believe it was Daniel Patrick Moynihan who said, "Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, but you’re not entitled to your own facts!"

I thought he said that pretty well, and it sums up aspects of this thread...Go Cats!

While i agree with your conclusions, i HOPE the takeaway for most posters here is ....

Don't f'ing argue with a parent about their child when you have no first hand knowledge about a situation and when you insist on giving the parent backhanded compliments like - oh well your son is young and still has a chance to become a real college linebacker (my paraphrasing). This holds especially true when such parent is an active and valuable member of the community and has both a favorable impact on recruiting and on informing all of us dimbulbs that do not live in Chicago and cannot typically get insights on the team from anybody not named Louie.

+1 I love that Catsdad posts and I wish more parents did.
At the same time we need to really venerate them and hold them in high esteem. Catsdad seems to be able to take it but I never do very well when people are critical or question my kids, add to that the fact that the players are putting a ton of effort and risk into performing at an almost inhuman level for our entertainment pleasure.

Go Cats!!! Go Catsparents!!!!!

The person who was disputing CatsDad is the same person who was arguing with me recently because he insisted that a certain other poster was Turk because they used some of the same language. I told him emphatically that I could tell for a fact, not theory, but absolute fact because there is information available to moderators that is not available to the public that the poster in question is definitely not Turk. Despite what I said, he still insisted it was Turk because he could just tell. Clearly he knows more than the moderators.I gave up arguing at that point. I think he is obsessed with Turk, But I think he has about zero credibility and a tendency to make claims that are not correct. Aren't message board fun! Anyway, I wonder how much Jango weighs after last nights dinner and dessert, probably still less than Ifaedi.

PS sometimes you have to just laugh at other posters instead of getting upset, but I have to just shake my head at people who will continue to argue with someone who knows more than they do

That's how I feel when arguing issues like maintaining water quality, and other science-based issues. Many people don't know what they don't know.

I am definitely aware of how many parents read the board without posting and always have read the board. A lot of people here don't seem to realize that. That is one reason why certain posts are deleted or frowned upon.

Another reason this type of interaction should take place on The Rock. The vast majority of trolls are unwilling to pay for a subscription to the premium board.

Yea ... CatsDad ... he irritates us too from time to time. But like you say, he's family so we give him gentle reminders regarding humility and hope for the best. BTW .... we need to meet when you are feeling up to it. I'm in Cincy, and my office is just off 75 and 275. You can fill me in on the current scene and I will share whatever it is you want to know about the last 40 years of Wildcat athletics....including some great Fitz stories from his playing days.

GOUNUII

Yea ... CatsDad ... he irritates us too from time to time. But like you say, he's family so we give him gentle reminders regarding humility and hope for the best. BTW .... we need to meet when you are feeling up to it. I'm in Cincy, and my office is just off 75 and 275. You can fill me in on the current scene and I will share whatever it is you want to know about the last 40 years of Wildcat athletics....including some great Fitz stories from his playing days.

GOUNUII
I was just at Beacon and then pappadeaux. Would love to meet

I was just at Beacon and then pappadeaux. Would love to meet

Hey, CatsDad, GOUNUII is really really good at picking up the tab for your beverages. If you cannot score a freebie from him, your game needs some serious work. Will be glad to consult. He is also good for a laugh.

Reactions: CatsDad
GOUNUII, dude, remember our dinner gathering in 2006? Take CatsDad to the Montgomery Inn. Force him to eat the ribs and the famous purple ice cream.
The ribs are amazing. You must be referring to Graeters black raspberry chip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT