ADVERTISEMENT

Paddy Fisher

What an odd thread.

I loved Fisher's tape, and Fox's. Pleasant problem to have...

He isn't 205 now :)
23mju5s.jpg
Ha ha ha.

Does Jango like Chipotle? A fully loaded chicken burrito has about 1,600 calories! My favorite meal after a long bike ride.

Reactions: CatsDad
Wow and I thought I was the least credible poster.

Saying not so nice things about a player to his dad? You should get decked up in Wisconsin gear and let Jango knock the tar out of ye.
Oddly, I just posted a response to "chicagofan" on the BB board, where he constantly craps on Collins for running guys off. Doubt that he's much of NU fan but someone who just likes to stir things up.

Oddly, I just posted a response to "chicagofan" on the BB board, where he constantly craps on Collins for running guys off. Doubt that he's much of NU fan but someone who just likes to stir things up.

You mean where I was constantly defending Collins for running guys off who sucked at basketball because I want to root for a winner?

I didn't say anything offensive to anyone

Ah! Welcome to the stand. PurpleBookCat representing the defendant. I'm going to presume that you have sworn in.

You're an athlete right, isn't it true that colllege football players generally are a competitive bunch?

B1G athletes particularly so?

And a competitor would want to compete?

And insinuating that a competitor isn't ready to compete might not be the nicest thing to say to a competitor right?

You were aware that you were speaking to the father of the subject of your comments correct?

And that father cares enough to regularly contribute commentary about his son's team to interested others?

And you were made aware that that father was with the subject of your comments whilst eating chocolate cake and ice cream?

Most fathers and sons who eat ice cream and chocolate cake together would seem to have a pretty close relationship, wouldn't you say?

And wouldn't it be reasonable to presume that the effect of any comment made to one's father, when a close relationship apparently exists, would have at least a similar if not greater emotionally operative effect as if that comment was made to the subject himself?

And did you not straight up tell the father of the subject what he weighs?

Perhaps you have been the subject of comments about your weight?

Isn't it among the most egregious rules of social decorum to make comments about someone's weight?

In fact, did you not explicitly state that his size is "not near enough to play B1G linebacker right now" knowing full well that the subject actually plays B1G linebacker right now?

And then when challenged by the FATHER of the subject, did you not follow up with "Okay well whatever his weight is, I was told he's not quite ready yet."?

As a self described former "athlete," you probably have a conception of the time and effort it takes to train and prepare to compete at a high level?

And you probably have a conception that others comments could be interpreted as discounting the time and effort that goes into that preparation?

And perhaps you could say that the physical size, strength or "ability to shed blocks at a B1G level" might represent tangible results of the hard work and preparation?

And you were told by someone else about such tangible results related to the subject?

So you didn't observe these tangible results yourself?

Yet you felt compelled to disclose such tangible results without disclosing the source?

Or your motivation for disclosure?

So wouldn't it be a reasonable interpretation that the subject might be a bit miffed that you relayed hearsay in a public forum?

Particularly so when comments are specifically directed at subject's father?

And perhaps even further inflamed when such hearsay is directly rebuffed by said father?

So wouldn't you say that your commentary based only on hearsay, and given all the facts and circumstances, could accurately described as "offensive?"

Ah! Welcome to the stand. PurpleBookCat representing the defendant. I'm going to presume that you have sworn in.

You're an athlete right, isn't it true that colllege football players generally are a competitive bunch?

And insinuating that a competitor isn't ready to compete might not be the nicest thing to say to a competitor right?

You were aware that you were speaking to the father of the subject of your comments correct?

And that father cares enough to regularly contribute commentary about his son's team to interested others?

And you were made aware that that father was with the subject of your comments whilst eating chocolate cake and ice cream?

Most fathers and sons who eat ice cream and chocolate cake together would seem to have a pretty close relationship, wouldn't you say?

And wouldn't it be reasonable to presume that the effect of any comment made to one's father, when a close relationship apparently exists, would have at least a similar if not greater emotionally operative effect as if that comment was made to the subject himself?

Isn't it among the most egregious rules of social decorum to make comments about someone's weight?

In fact, did you not explicitly state that his size is "not near enough to play B1G linebacker right now" knowing full well that the subject actually plays B1G linebacker right now?

And then when challenged by the FATHER of the subject, did you not follow up with "Okay well whatever his weight is, I was told he's not quite ready yet."?

As a self described former "athlete," you probably have a conception of the time and effort it takes to train and prepare to compete at a high level?

And you probably have a conception that others comments could be interpreted as discounting the time and effort that goes into that preparation?

And perhaps you could say that the physical size, strength or "ability to shed blocks at a B1G level" might represent tangible results of the hard work and preparation?

And you were told by someone else about such tangible results related to the subject?

Yet you felt compelled to disclose such tangible results without disclosing the source?

So wouldn't it be a reasonable interpretation that the subject might be a bit miffed that you relayed hearsay in a public forum?

And perhaps even further inflamed when such hearsay is directly rebuffed by said father?

So wouldn't you say that your commentary based only on hearsay, and given all the facts and circumstances, could accurately described as "offensive?"
Point, set, match Purple

Jango needs to get bigger and stronger and work on shedding blocks. I fully agree with that. But he is closer to his desired playing weight than stated. He last weighted in at 218. The coaches have told Jango they want him bigger and stronger. It is true he needs to work on shedding blocks, I sent him to learn to do so with the guy who trains Luke Kuechly during his break. The only thing Jango can do is continue to work hard learning the play book and spend extra time in the gym and working on stretching and agility. I know my son, he will work his tail off to meet whatever goals he needs to be the best player he possibly can. Jango did weight 205 when he arrived. I don't doubt another player said these things, because there are some truths to what was said. I talk to Jango at least three hours every day. He shares everything with me, Good or Bad. Jango is not where he wants to be, and I have no doubt he will meet them.

Jango needs to get bigger and stronger and work on shedding blocks. I fully agree with that. But he is closer to his desired playing weight than stated. He last weighted in at 218. The coaches have told Jango they want him bigger and stronger. It is true he needs to work on shedding blocks, I sent him to learn to do so with the guy who trains Luke Kuechly during his break. The only thing Jango can do is continue to work hard learning the play book and spend extra time in the gym and working on stretching and agility. I know my son, he will work his tail off to meet whatever goals he needs to be the best player he possibly can. Jango did weight 205 when he arrived. I don't doubt another player said these things, because there are some truths to what was said. I talk to Jango at least three hours every day. He shares everything with me, Good or Bad. Jango is not where he wants to be, and I have no doubt he will meet them.

That is great to hear. And again I meant no offense to Jango - like I said he's only a redshirt freshman. Not often are people ready to start in the B1G as redshirt freshman. That said, he has plenty of time to get to where he wants to be and no one questions his work ethic or desire at all as referenced by the videos, etc. you've posted. He'll get there, we all know that, he just isn't quite yet. Watch what happens over summer and into the season, I bet he improves leaps and bounds

At least three hours every day?

At least three hours every day?
We talk in between his classes and before he goes to bed. We genuinely like each other. I raised him all by myself while serving my country. He likes to unwind joking with his brother and his father. He likes to tell me about his day and get my advice We have always been very close. Jango doesn't drink or party. He maintains extremely high academic standards and sets high standards athletically.

No, I wouldn't say anything I said was offensive. Especially since the subject's father JUST AGREED with me that there's improvement yet to be made. That's not a bad thing... It's just a thing. A common thing. If he's 205 or 218, who cares. Everyone knows Jango works his balls off. Everyone else should also know that not everyone is ready to start in B1G football as a redshirt freshman.

And no, I'm not gonna disclose my "source". That would be stupid and you know it. All that would do is ruffle feathers.

And, for the record, I didn't even see Jango's dad say he was 218 until after I had responded to FloridaAlum with the program weight comment. I was confused where he got that number from and had just assumed it was a listed weight, not that Jango's dad had posted it here. So I'll apologize for that, but for nothing else.

So. Again. I hope Jango walks into fall camp, takes over the starting Will LB spot, I eat a dead crow and NU wins the championship

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
No, I wouldn't say anything I said was offensive. Especially since the subject's father JUST AGREED with me that there's improvement yet to be made. That's not a bad thing... It's just a thing. A common thing. If he's 205 or 218, who cares. Everyone knows Jango works his balls off. Everyone else should also know that not everyone is ready to start in B1G football as a redshirt freshman.

And no, I'm not gonna disclose my "source". That would be stupid and you know it. All that would do is ruffle feathers.

And, for the record, I didn't even see Jango's dad say he was 218 until after I had responded to FloridaAlum with the program weight comment. I was confused where he got that number from and had just assumed it was a listed weight, not that Jango's dad had posted it here. So I'll apologize for that, but for nothing else.

So. Again. I hope Jango walks into fall camp, takes over the starting Will LB spot, I eat a dead crow and NU wins the championship
Brett Walsh is a fifth year Senior. Jango will be ready to back him up and play. Jango would love to be the starter, but Brett has put five years into the program and weight room. Brett deserves to start. Brett has done everything he can to help my son get ready. He is a great teammate and young man. Jango will be ready to back up Brett and do all be can to help make our team better. We are here to win, it isn't about Jango, it is about the team and winning a B1G

My favorite meal after a long ride is pizza and a 6-pack of 16-ouncers. Gotta load up for the next day's long ride.
If I did a six pack of 16-ouncers, my ride would be called "The Bladder Trail." Instead of milestones, it would have restroom breaks every 30 minutes.

C'mon GCG, wtf! If the man and his son want to talk 3 hours a day, how is that your business? If they talk 6 hours a day, 3 hours a day, 10 minutes a day or once every two weeks that's between them.

There is zero reason for a comment like that.

It isn't. He put it out there and I was wondering whether legitimate or an exaggeration, so I asked.

You may not think that the words you said were offensive. And youmay not have intended any offense. But the mere fact that you are not Jango's coach with direct experience working with him on a daily basis establishes a dynamic where anything you say that questions the capability or achievements of said person is fundamentally offensive. Especially when said statements are heresay and second-hand opinions.

You just need to stop being stupid, thick and defensive. Comment all you want about the team and players - its a bulletin board. But to keep telling a parent that their child "may" become good enough to play a sport that they have committed their life to in a public forum is beyond comprehension. PERIOD.

You've said you were going to stop. So STOP.

You've said at least twice in this thread that you're done discussing ("fin"). Let it go.

You may not think that the words you said were offensive. And youmay not have intended any offense. But the mere fact that you are not Jango's coach with direct experience working with him on a daily basis establishes a dynamic where anything you say that questions the capability or achievements of said person is fundamentally offensive. Especially when said statements are heresay and second-hand opinions.

You just need to stop being stupid, thick and defensive. Comment all you want about the team and players - its a bulletin board. But to keep telling a parent that their child "may" become good enough to play a sport that they have committed their life to in a public forum is beyond comprehension. PERIOD.

You've said you were going to stop. So STOP.

Again, Jango's dad said it himself, but ok

Again, Jango's dad said it himself, but ok
For Cripe's sake, man. You seem to have a near-pathological need to have the last word. You said you were done, yet you keep responding.

You may not have noticed, but most people here aren't buying what you are selling. There is no winner or loser in this, and soon enough all this will be forgotten. But just fukking let it go, man. Enough.

Reactions: DaCat
No further questions your honor.

My favorite meal after a long ride is pizza and a 6-pack of 16-ouncers. Gotta load up for the next day's long ride.
I got him blaze pizza and two double steak Chipotle burritos. He chewed down the pizza and will eat the burritos tonight. He loves Todoroki and PF Changs. We always hit Changs several times when I visit.

Last edited:
I got him blaze pizza and two double steak Chipotle burritos. He chewed down the pizza and will eat the burritos tonight. He loves Todoroki and PF Changs. We always hit Changs several times when I visit.

Good for you. Cherish that relationship with your son. I am lucky if I speak 3 hours a semester with my college age son and most of that happens when he needs something. At the age where he is too busy and cool for his parents. In fairness, I was the same way when I was his age.

Good for you. Cherish that relationship with your son. I am lucky if I speak 3 hours a semester with my college age son and most of that happens when he needs something. At the age where he is too busy and cool for his parents. In fairness, I was the same way when I was his age.
My eldest is on a academic scholarship and is in pre med. He too talks to me everyday, many times we three way with Jango. I love my son's. They are very good to me . I raised them both by myself, so we are very close

I dunno'. I saw Fisher play in one of his last high school games and he wasn't any 235 then. If he's that now -- and kept the lateral mobility I saw -- the Cats have done a fine job of building him up in the last year and a half.

I dunno'. I saw Fisher play in one of his last high school games and he wasn't any 235 then. If he's that now -- and kept the lateral mobility I saw -- the Cats have done a fine job of building him up in the last year and a half.
I... I was... I was kidding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT