ADVERTISEMENT

Paging Our Vols Friends

Lets see... Florida State is looking for a coach now. If you had an option between UT and Florida State...

Seriously, how screwed can UT get?

So the guy they ran off 9 years ago because he only won one NC gets called back to fix the mess created because coaches weren't winning enough.

UT fans are more fickle than junior high girlfriends
It’s even better than that. There are reports that Fulmer was actively working to torpedo Currie during the search because he wanted the AD job. These are still at the tweet level of believability but do add a nice cherry on the top of this crap sundae.

They have now paved the way for a Phil Fulmer/Tee Martin AD/Coach team, That will play very well with the UT fans. I am not sure that it is a recipe for success. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Nothing new in this article but some fun quotes.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...teers-coach-search-take-attention-title-games

At this rate, FSU and Nebraska might have new coaches before Tennessee does. The Volunteers have been searching for one since they fired Butch Jones on Nov. 12; they might be "Champions of Life," but they stink when it comes to finding a new coach.

My personal favorite:

Now that the NCAA has cleared Freeze, maybe he'll take the Tennessee job. Somebody has to take it

Now, in the food-for-thought category:

Maybe Fulmer will make things easy and simply name himself the coach.

Wouldn't THAT be an interesting twist?

It’s even better than that. There are reports that Fulmer was actively working to torpedo Currie during the search because he wanted the AD job. These are still at the tweet level of believability but do add a nice cherry on the top of this crap sundae.

They have now paved the way for a Phil Fulmer/Tee Martin AD/Coach team, That will play very well with the UT fans. I am not sure that it is a recipe for success. Only time will tell.
If so, UT fans may learn that you can never come home again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT