ADVERTISEMENT

Paging Our Vols Friends

Della, VFL

Hope you guys are OK. Getting waxed by Mizzou is hard to swallow but the Tiger offense is becoming lethal.

It’s always darkest before dawn.

Go easy on them, Jack. It has to be a real tough year to be a Vol fan.I don’t know enough about their team to understand, but they seem to recruit very well, have a lot of talent, but a lack of success on the field. I would assume that their coach is toast. That is the way things seem to go.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Go easy on them, Jack. It has to be a real tough year to be a Vol fan.I don’t know enough about their team to understand, but they seem to recruit very well, have a lot of talent, but a lack of success on the field. I would assume that their coach is toast. That is the way things seem to go.
Agreed. Not trying to poke the bear here. Always great to hear from those few that stop by and visit.

Reactions: rmndcat
Agreed. Not trying to poke the bear here. Always great to hear from those few that stop by and visit.

I understand, wasn’t giving you crap. Our Tennessee friends need a little extra TLC. An adult beverage or two or three would not hurt either.
PS Tennessee is my home state, born and raised there but the opposite side of the state, still kind of like to see that team doing well

Reactions: rmndcat
Della, VFL

Hope you guys are OK. Getting waxed by Mizzou is hard to swallow but the Tiger offense is becoming lethal.

It’s always darkest before dawn.
“The Tigers racked up 433 yards rushing and 226 yards passing. In its last two games against Tennessee, they have gained a combined 1,399 yards.”

That’s pretty damn dark - even during the dark ages, I don’t think NU gave up that kind of yardage over two games. I wish their defense had played like this in the 2016 Outback bowl.

Butch Jones is a goner - maybe the Vols will hire Lane Kiffin again to give him a second shot? /s

“The Tigers racked up 433 yards rushing and 226 yards passing. In its last two games against Tennessee, they have gained a combined 1,399 yards.”

That’s pretty damn dark - even during the dark ages, I don’t think NU gave up that kind of yardage over two games. I wish their defense had played like this in the 2016 Outback bowl.

Butch Jones is a goner - maybe the Vols will hire Lane Kiffin again to give him a second shot? /s
No team with UT’s talent base should allow that. That’s on the coaches. That’s terrible scheming and discipline.

No team with UT’s talent base should allow that. That’s on the coaches. That’s terrible scheming and discipline.

Because you started this, I might be wrong but it seems like a whole bunch of players at Tennessee have quit or been kicked off the team in the last couple of years. What’s up with that?

Because you started this, I might be wrong but it seems like a whole bunch of players at Tennessee have quit or been kicked off the team in the last couple of years. What’s up with that?
The program is in disarray. The coach lost the players and the players lost the coach. The high water mark was stomping NU in the bowl and it’s been a rapid descent since.

A new low for the Vols...getting thrashed at home by JustVandy. I’ll never forget those arrogant fans that were so cocky before and after our bowl game. No Rocky Top tonight!
Second year in a row they lose to the 'Dores. Pretty remarkable that 8 losses sets a season record for UT. At NU an 8 loss team got the Dennis Green Coach of the Year (1982, 3-8).

Second year in a row they lose to the 'Dores. Pretty remarkable that 8 losses sets a season record for UT. At NU an 8 loss team got the Dennis Green Coach of the Year (1982, 3-8).
And he deserved it. Even though we lost 8, the team looked much better than the Venturi teams did.

Greg Schiano is about right for the status of the Tennessee program right now. They were not going to get anyone any better.

Yup. could do much worse than Greg. Beckman and Cubit were available (though Cubit is coaching high school, I believe he would have accepted Tennessee's offer....)

The program is in disarray. The coach lost the players and the players lost the coach. The high water mark was stomping NU in the bowl and it’s been a rapid descent since.
Yah, they had to win THAT game.

Given that Tennessee is allowing the fans to dictate who they should hire, this might end up being a worse dumpster fire than Illinois.Any other coach worth their salt is probably not going to touch the job after how they treated Schiano.

Reactions: GlideCat
There are reports that TN will owe Schiano $20 million in a buyout for a contract that was signed this weekend. But only speculation on this.

Using Sandusky rumors to attack him (based on the third-hand testimony of one person) as a protector of child rapists is disgusting. Tennessee fans may actually be the worst in the SEC.

I think this episode is going to badly tarnish the program among coaches. It's a tight-knit community.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT