ADVERTISEMENT

Play em all

GHP was in at the end of the game. Of course no passes thrown so kind of meaningless.

No. Because our prized WR are taught how to block for bubble screens for years as opposed how to run routes/beat man coverage.
This. This right here.

How dare they use their speed, athleticism, and WR skills to run deep vertical routes and - gasp - try to give us an actual passing game. Those are only to be used to hurl the ball up in the air and pray for 15 yard pass interference penalties. Austin Carr was an outlier, and good riddance to him in the NFL!

Let’s try another dozen bubble screens against an angry Minnesota team and see how that works out. I fear for our WRs safety.

But apparently they aren't taught very well, because we average like minus 5 yards per bubble screen
Or maybe our offensive system is awfully stale and predictable.

It’s not hard to stop the bubble screen when you go to it too often. And to hit the receiver hard once they get the ball. It’s often a recipe for disaster.

I'm glad they gave Hull all of those carries. Glad to see GHP finally see the field.

I feel so bad for the seniors. But the young guys need the snaps now.

Springer has really lucked out, being on the same staff as McCall and Cushing for so long.

Yep. He gets a pass this year (no pun intended) because of the QB situation, but if we don’t start seeing some good stuff from the young guys next year...

Yep. He gets a pass this year (no pun intended) because of the QB situation, but if we don’t start seeing some good stuff from the young guys next year...
Really? He is awful and the only reason he is here is because McCall convinced Fitz when thdy were looking for a coach that would be willing to work for $80,000.

Yea, lets spend $300 million on a practice place, and continue going cheap on the assistants. Fitz took care of himself but didnt make sure his assiztants ard above average.

Really? He is awful and the only reason he is here is because McCall convinced Fitz when thdy were looking for a coach that would be willing to work for $80,000.

Yea, lets spend $300 million on a practice place, and continue going cheap on the assistants. Fitz took care of himself but didnt make sure his assiztants ard above average.
Didn’t Fitz insist that all of his Assistants got pay raises when he signed his last contract?

Back to the OP of playing them all, I was impressed with the way McCall cleverly incorporated the wildcat formation, replacing Smith who is a fairly mobile and deceptively fast runner at QB, with the lumbering 6-5 220 Whittaker, for obvious running plays. Yes, the same Whittaker who was earlier converted to superback. Brilliant, unpredictable genius by our offensive guru.

Reactions: TejasCat and NJCat
Back to the OP of playing them all, I was impressed with the way McCall cleverly incorporated the wildcat formation, replacing Smith who is a fairly mobile and deceptively fast runner at QB, with the lumbering 6-5 220 Whittaker, for obvious running plays. Yes, the same Whittaker who was earlier converted to superback. Brilliant, unpredictable genius by our offensive guru.
You forgot the element of surprise as Whittaker ran both plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT