ADVERTISEMENT

Player analysis

ThatkidfromHolland

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2015
Bmac

pros- court vision, passing, ball handling, decent 3pt shot, can get hot with floater. Average defender

Cons- not efficient shooter, tries to carry the load offensively causing bad shots and turnovers.

Law

Pros- great on ball defender, streaky hot shooter, good rebounder, athleticism, unselfish player.

Cons-inconsistent shooter, not aggressive enough offensively, improved but still makes silly fouls.

Lindsey

Pros- best natural scorer/shooter, very good defender, smooth athlete, makes it look effortless.

Cons- silly fouls, consistency, needs to take it to the hole more.

Pardon

Pros-quick leaper, helps in shot blocking and rebounding, great offensive rebounder, high motor, good shot blocker, developed a decent 10-15 ft shot. Decent post game when right shoulder is to the basket.

Cons- can't pass out of the double team, not aggressive enough but he needs people to get him the ball, doesn't see double teams quick enough. I'd like to a see a couple more go to post moves.

Skelly-

Pros- high motor, soft touch from anywhere, nice jump shot, decent defender, good passer, decent rebounder.

Cons- sometimes tries to play to fast, forces passes causing turnovers, commits silly fouls.

Falzon-

Pros- seems to have good shooting form, he's bigger and stronger making him a better rebounder.

Cons-not a strong defender, inconsistent shooter, needs to find his flow in the game, take it to the hole more.

Credit to HollandNUcat for helping me do this. We can do the other players if you guys want.

Not sure why u r rating backups and not starters. Ash has started three games in last three weeks and is our third best overall player behind Law and Pardon! U can take that to the bank! We will,rest assured,be playing in the NIT,if Ash gets less than 20-25: minutes a game as he is our defensive glue holding this team together and a darn good passer, distributor of the ball on offense. U want to see an NU team go 7-11 in conference play,then don't play Ash!

Reactions: ThatkidfromHolland
Not sure why u r rating backups and not starters. Ash has started three games in last three weeks and is our third best overall player behind Law and Pardon! U can take that to the bank! We will,rest assured,be playing in the NIT,if Ash gets less than 20-25: minutes a game as he is our defensive glue holding this team together and a darn good passer, distributor of the ball on offense. U want to see an NU team go 7-11 in conference play,then don't play Ash!

Tell us more about the defensive glue-like performance vs. Trae Young. And "started three games in the last three weeks" <<<<<<<< "starter".

The proof is in the pudding! I only want the cats to win,period! Sure, if Scottie brings his A game, and so does Mac,and Falzon, then we don’t need Ash or anyone else on the team except for mop up minutes. But that is not the reality we live in at All State arena. Who knows on a given night who is hot or not for the cats! Start playing your best five guys. I will say this. We ain’t beating Penn State without big minutes from Ash. Also, we ain’t beating Minnesota in two to three weeks at their place without big minutes from Ash. I may be wrong, I wanted to bench Thorson for Alviti unless he started scrambling and moving out of the pocket. Clayton started stepping up and becoming more mobile and we are riding a seven game streak, soon to be eight games. Mac needs more support. Even Brown is better than having no one support Mac out there. The problem in some ways, is not Mac per say, but the lack of speed when we don’t have another guard out there. We beat Illinois in OT with a three guard lineup. I’m only asking for two guards. Heck, we beat Oklahoma with a two guard lineup in second half.

Bmac

pros- court vision, passing, ball handling, decent 3pt shot, can get hot with floater. Average defender

Cons- not efficient shooter, tries to carry the load offensively causing bad shots and turnovers.

Law

Pros- great on ball defender, streaky hot shooter, good rebounder, athleticism, unselfish player.

Cons-inconsistent shooter, not aggressive enough offensively, improved but still makes silly fouls.

Lindsey

Pros- best natural scorer/shooter, very good defender, smooth athlete, makes it look effortless.

Cons- silly fouls, consistency, needs to take it to the hole more.

Pardon

Pros-quick leaper, helps in shot blocking and rebounding, great offensive rebounder, high motor, good shot blocker, developed a decent 10-15 ft shot. Decent post game when right shoulder is to the basket.

Cons- can't pass out of the double team, not aggressive enough but he needs people to get him the ball, doesn't see double teams quick enough. I'd like to a see a couple more go to post moves.

Skelly-

Pros- high motor, soft touch from anywhere, nice jump shot, decent defender, good passer, decent rebounder.

Cons- sometimes tries to play to fast, forces passes causing turnovers, commits silly fouls.

Falzon-

Pros- seems to have good shooting form, he's bigger and stronger making him a better rebounder.

Cons-not a strong defender, inconsistent shooter, needs to find his flow in the game, take it to the hole more.

Credit to HollandNUcat for helping me do this. We can do the other players if you guys want.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the other players!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the other players!
Ash
Pros- pretty athletic, strong, good defender, decent vision, doesn't force things, developed a decent jump shot, enthusiastic fan base.

Cons- not super quick, limited offensively, over enthusiastic fan base.

Brown-
Pros- quick, ball handeling, can create off dribble, streaky shooter, improving defender, can make impressive passes.

Cons- confidence shaken, streaky shooting, tries to force things but getting better.

Benson-
Pros- long defender, decently athletic, soft hands, shows signs of a good touch.

Cons- seems not strong enough yet, not aggressive enough offensively, still lacks confidence on offense.

Credit again to hollandnucat for helping.

Ash
Pros- pretty athletic, strong, good defender, decent vision, doesn't force things, developed a decent jump shot, enthusiastic fan base.

Brown-
Pros- quick, ball handeling, can create off dribble, streaky shooter, improving defender, can make impressive passes.

Cons- confidence shaken, streaky shooting, tries to force things but getting better.

Benson-
Pros- long defender, decently athletic, soft hands, shows signs of a good touch.

Cons- seems not strong enough yet, not aggressive enough offensively, still lacks confidence on offense.

U r good! Ash, good team player! Makes our best guard, Bmac,even better by providing him needed support on both offense and defense. Ditto for Brown, to some extent. Brown has looked real solid lately. I think next year, with Law back,and Turner, we will be title contenders!

Ash

Brown-

Benson-

Does one person count as an "overenthusiastic fan base"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT