ADVERTISEMENT

Post-game press conference notes

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Chris Collins

Terrific game. Great atmosphere. Thank the fans. "If you would have told me that Ryan Taylor would have a bare-ass open 3 to finish the game, I would've taken it."

It's disappointing. It hurts. We've had three of these.

We've got to get better in those situations.

Taylor shooting woes: He just hasn't shot like he normally does. He's getting good looks...I want him to keep shooting...he made two big ones for us...I want him to stay aggressive. I believe in law of averages. Things are going to turn.

Freshman didn't play: Not down on young guys at all.

No subs in second half. Did you guys get tired? I didn't (think so). We had a wide-open 3 to win the game. I did not think fatigue was a factor.

Lon Kruger

Big-time tough battle. Great game for us. Much like what conference games are going to be like for us. Great deal of respect for how good Northwestern is too.

Change in Northwestern since you were at Illinois: Building is beautiful. Been to NCAAs. Respect throughout the country.

Atmosphere: It was great. Fans were fantastic. It was a good college game played by guys on both teams that were working hard and going like crazy. Fans were great.

Vic Law

Ryan Taylor shooting: I think he's fine. We believe in him.

Coping with close losses: Something to think about during the break. It is what it is. We've got to come back and regroup and focus up...I think we should be winning these games. I think we should be 11-1....I'm very confident in my team.

What needs to improve on: Play tougher down the stretch. Gave Doolittle easy baskets in the paint (in overtime). We've got to be tougher...Manek got two rebounds in the paint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT