ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: NU @ IU

Based on what we've seen to date I don't see us winning this game. 24 to 10 Indiana

So much uncertainty at the QB position, this is tougher to call than most games. I'll say IU 27 NU 10, if Smith is at QB the entire game. If HJ gets in for meaningful minutes, it will mean that he is ready, or at least the coaches think he is ready, and it will be much closer: IU 20 NU 17.

Indiana 30
NU 23

The offense comes alive a little bit (whether that be with Smith or Johnson at the helm) against an easier defense that the ones we have been facing recently...but Indiana has just a little too much on offense for us to overcome and improves to 7-2 on the year.

I will say I expect Penix Jr. to play, but if he doesn't, I'd give us a little better shot. Ramsey is a nice QB, but I worry more about the complete package that Penix brings.

Bloomington - 17
Evanston - 10

Hope springs eternal, though. Because the Cats score a touchdown.

IU fan here. The QB situation is a small factor. Penix is the best QB in the Big Ten. Even as a Freshman. Michigan State has a defense similar to Northwestern and he carved them to pieces. IU has the best WR in the Big Ten in Whop Philyor, and probably a top 3 RB in Stevie Scott. Our offense is ridiculously loaded in skill talent. Our O-line has given up the least amount of sacks of any team in the Big Ten.

I’d say if Penix plays

IU-31
NU-10

If Ramsey is at QB

IU-24
NU-14

I absolutely love and respect coach Fitz and your program. And the next time we meet, we will have our hands full. But going through the Big Ten team stats for both teams, this is a huge mismatch on paper. I could see IU coming out over-confident and this game being close for a while. But this is a surging team vs a rebuilding team. I’ve seen this scenario many times with these 2 teams but most often than not, it’s the other way around.

South shoreline Lake Michiganers - 14
West shoreline Lake Michiganers - 16

PPD, that's same score I predicted with some NU friends this week so will come down just a bit...IU 26, cats 16.

As much as I'd love to see an offensive explosion under the lights by IU, think Cats keep things close. You have no idea the kick in the sack the close losses in '04, '07 and '09 were for IU Football diehards, like myself. I think I have to go throw up just thinking of them.

Lived on Central and had season tickets last year of Peay and Barnett years. My NU bride not making the trip down, but I am. Hoping for good, clean IU win. Good luck after that.

NU - 2, IU - 0

PKK will claim that the worries are all behind us and announce the result gives a renewed lease on life for all coaches at NU.

The rest of us will simply yawn - #dontcare

She's a wounded war hero. What's not to like? How do you feel about lying cowardly draft dodger Trump???
Geezus Willy. I respect the hell out if vets. I am pretty much the only one in my family who isn’t one.

however, that status doesn’t mean I have to like her and most certainly don’t like her at all. If it bothers you that much, ask me about it the next time you show up at a game. As I originally asked, have you ever met her, if not, I suggest you let me have my opinion and spare me the Trump BS.

I'm not going to predict a score.

What I'm gonna predict is this will be HJ's coming out party and our season is gonna be saved.
He's not on the 2 deep. Since when do you believe that HJ is the salvation of the offense? You know that the problems go much deeper and must not let the return of HJ obscure that.

He's not on the 2 deep. Since when do you believe that HJ is the salvation of the offense? You know that the problems go much deeper and must not let the return of HJ obscure that.

He is listed as one of the two possible starting QBs.

Unbeliever. Be gone with you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT