ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Line

The only Las Vegas line out today has the 'Cats as 14 point dogs. Bet the 'Cats, who have a decent chance to win outright. PSU was very fortunate to beat Iowa on a fourth down play with 4 seconds to go. Iowa was handled relatively easily by MSU this weekend.

How much?

Give me the current line and I'll bet anybody who wants to bet. Also, what kind of odds will you give me against a 'Cats outright win? (I assume you'll be at the game, so the payoff could occur there.)
How much?

Too much for me, but I'll do $20. I would assume I'll get the 14 points. Suppose the line goes up by Saturday? Do I get the last line before kick-off? What odds will you give me on the even-up bet? I assume you will be at the game, so we can settle our bets at our tailgate. It's right next to the Families of Players under the green Rolling Rock tent.

13.5 but I will give you 14

I think a Penn State has two weaknesses right now. Their field goal kicking has been way off, making only about 50% so far. And their offensive line is still a work in process, allowing blitzing teams to pressure McSorely or stop Barkley from running effectively. Indiana was effective at this, but Barkley, a likely Heisman Trophy winner, will still get his yards, either through kickoff returns as he showed against a Indiana, or as a receiver out of the backfield. One other possible weakness is the health of their star tight end, Gesecki, who may be held out leading up to the bye week in order to be healthy for the Michigan and OSU games which follow.

I won't talk about their strengths unless asked, and btw my father in law was a Northwestern business school alum, so I married into your family (and vice versa). I'm a Penn State fan and I think we will win the game, but I believe it will be close. All Big10 road games are tough, and playing at 11:00 AM in your venue is ....different. Anyway, I'm not here to troll - good luck and I hope for a well fought injury free game.

I would love our OL to achieve work in progress status.

A lot of people think this will be a blowout but I disagree.

Northwestern plays with grit, always plays until the whistle, tries their hardest each play, and shows good sportsmanship.

Northwestern keeps this close until late in the 1st quarter and PSU wins by 18.

How much?

Unfortunately I have the marathon Sunday (not to brag, but totally to brag) so I will be watching at home on Saturday but $20, you got it

And you can pick the line now or before kickoff, doesn't matter to me

Never wanted to lose a bet more!
chicagocatfan24, you are a winner my good man! I pay my bets, so send me an e-mail with your address and the dough will be in the mail. tjones7650@gmail.com How did you do in the marathon? I got out of Chicago at 7:00 a.m. to drive back to Pa. so I missed it.

chicagocatfan24, you are a winner my good man! I pay my bets, so send me an e-mail with your address and the dough will be in the mail. tjones7650@gmail.com How did you do in the marathon? I got out of Chicago at 7:00 a.m. to drive back to Pa. so I missed it.

Haha I don't want your $. I just have no confidence in the football program at this point. That was the first time I've ever bet against a team I root for, and I'm honestly a little surprised it wasn't worse

Penn State has a good defense, but nothing nearly as dominant as Bucky. On the other hand, Penn State has an inferior offensive line to UW, but more big play capability. The blue print to beating Penn State is to prevent the home run explosion plays even if you let them gain 500+ total yards. Easier said than done of course. Inconsistent OL play is the leading cause of promising drives that sputter out.

giphy.gif

Reactions: NJCat
You mean "got rid of him in terms of coaching defense for the football team", not "got rid of him in terms of letting him use the football facilities to prey upon young and vulnerable children", right?
You have got that right. I'll add they also allowed him to travel with the team and stay at the team hotel for away games, almost always accompanied by a young boy.

Reactions: Fitz51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT