ADVERTISEMENT

QB draft prediction

If CT keeps playing like he has vs. MSU and Nebby, I think he ascends.

My brother and I were discussing the 2019 QB class. I would be tempted to put CT ahead of Lock at Mizzou, who has not fared well against better competition.

I wonder if Tua will jump after this year. He is immensely talented, just not experienced.

Reactions: corbi296
"NFL folks still like xxxxxx, but he has been undermined by a porous offensive line and lack of a running game."

No doubt about it. And believe it or not, this quote is about Jarrett Stidham of Auburn, not Clayton! Guess even SEC schools can have OL problems.......

Yahoo sports has Thor as 8th QB taken. And Daniel Jones 2nd...

https://sports.yahoo.com/flashes-el...ear-no-1-qb-upcoming-nfl-draft-140608826.html
With flashes of Elway and Luck, Oregon's Justin Herbert is clear No. 1 QB in upcoming NFL draft
That sounds about right...

Last year there were 5 taken in the first round (Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, L Jackson). Then Mason Rudolph in the 3rd, followed by Kyle Lauletta in the 4th and Mike White in the 5th. It was a top-heavy year for QBs, but pretty light beyond that. I would imagine CT is targeted for a mid-round pick right now (4th maybe?) He has time to improve that. We will see if he can do so.

If CT keeps playing like he has vs. MSU and Nebby, I think he ascends.

My brother and I were discussing the 2019 QB class. I would be tempted to put CT ahead of Lock at Mizzou, who has not fared well against better competition.

I wonder if Tua will jump after this year. He is immensely talented, just not experienced.
Tua will not be eligible until after next season.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I haven't seen all of these guys but doubt there are 7 QBs better than Thorson that will be in next year's draft. My guess is he is around # 5 by draft time and will end up being a 2-4th round pick.

Wisconsin/ND/Iowa stretch is really what it comes down to..., strong performances during that stretch and he should move up.

Reactions: phatcat
I feel like I’ve read in a few places that Clayton has around a 3rd round projection but some scouts are bullish on his draft position based on speculation a team could fall in love with Clayton during interviews

From the article...."Four of the scouts were Denver Broncos officials, including team president John Elway."

The Denver Broncos have become the team where QB talent gets consumed and spat out in the blink of an eye. If I'm a QB prospect on the Broncos draft board, and my name gets called, I pull an Eli Manning.

Reactions: NUCat320
From the article...."Four of the scouts were Denver Broncos officials, including team president John Elway."

The Denver Broncos have become the team where QB talent gets consumed and spat out in the blink of an eye. If I'm a QB prospect on the Broncos draft board, and my name gets called, I pull an Eli Manning.

John Elway once again is proving that great players don't always make great executives.

I would put Thorson over Lock and Stidham at the moment. Those guys are struggling.

There are a lot of guys with round 2-4 grades. McSorley and Brett Rypien could also get lumped into that group. I'm going to a UofB game to get a look at Tyree Jackson in person.

Reactions: ricko654321
Did they cut and paste this from other NU QB draft evaluations? This appears to be standard fare: "Multiple scouts pointed out the lack of skill around him hurting his production." No respect!!!

I feel like I’ve read in a few places that Clayton has around a 3rd round projection but some scouts are bullish on his draft position based on speculation a team could fall in love with Clayton during interviews

He has a chance to move up through his work on the field as well. He seemed to settle in a bit against Michigan once the timeshare was ditched. I suspect we see his name moving up these lists if he keeps the momentum going.

Wisconsin/ND/Iowa stretch is really what it comes down to..., strong performances during that stretch and he should move up.
If we beat ND he will be drafted in the 3rd or earlier. I feel like Siemien went from fa to drafted based on that game so imagine what CT can do when he’s already on the map.

If we beat ND he will be drafted in the 3rd or earlier. I feel like Siemien went from fa to drafted based on that game so imagine what CT can do when he’s already on the map.

Thorson will have 50+ starts on tape by the end of his career. A single game is going to be much less impactful for him than for Siemian.

My eyes and conversations with people around the program.
Just as I suspected. Thanks. You're just offering your opinion, and, of course, others may disagree, including the draft gurus who get paid to do these evaluations.

Just as I suspected. Thanks. You're just offering your opinion, and, of course, others may disagree, including the draft gurus who get paid to do these evaluations.

Conversations with those around the program... who interact daily with those “draft gurus.”

Christ, man, get over it.

Very amusing - but you needn't refer to me as Christ! As usual, you're a great pretender to knowledge. Keep hanging out with those draft gurus, though, so you can keep us all posted.

So when presented with evidence that contradicts your opinion, you choose to ignore it. Your personal vendetta is pretty hilarious.

So when presented with evidence that contradicts your opinion, you choose to ignore it. Your personal vendetta is pretty hilarious.

I'm with No Chores on this. If you're going to say that, give an example of an evaluator who gave that grade. Or just don't say anything if you can't reveal anything.

Reactions: EvanstonCat

By the way, several years ago, I was talking about McSorley and said he was going to be a good one and I remember you said he wouldn't amount to anything. Were you basing on that on talent evaluators or your own totally incorrect evaluation?

I'm with No Chores on this. If you're going to say that, give an example of an evaluator who gave that grade. Or just don't say anything if you can't reveal anything.

Relayed to me by folks around the program who I trust and whose job is, in part, dealing with NFL scouts based on their conversations with said scouts.

Yep, millions riding on the line the next couple of weeks for CT; we've seen important 2-3 game stretches move QBs up or down several rounds; everything's on the line for him especially these coming weeks.

By the way, several years ago, I was talking about McSorley and said he was going to be a good one and I remember you said he wouldn't amount to anything. Were you basing on that on talent evaluators or your own totally incorrect evaluation?

I honestly don’t recall much of an opinion on McSorley either way, nor many conversations about him. Would say he’s generally overachieved, but no specific recollection.

I would put Thorson over Lock and Stidham at the moment. Those guys are struggling.

There are a lot of guys with round 2-4 grades. McSorley and Brett Rypien could also get lumped into that group. I'm going to a UofB game to get a look at Tyree Jackson in person.
Jackson is great. My sleeper

Whether or not the source issue is BS, I agree w GCG assessment. Love Flynn Ryder, but he is not Austin Carr, and AC went undrafted after a monster year. Sure, only one standout year, but Nagel's 1st three didnt set him apart from AC

In short, its damn hard to get drafted. They take, what, 200 players a year? About 2 per FBS team, not considering the behemoths that have 6 or 7 drafted

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT