ADVERTISEMENT

Rapolas Ivanauskus

This is a big PKK line. I’m accused of being a non fan. But those that read, know I talk about the positive, the hypothetical, and the critical. I go to events. I went to NU. I have actually left blood at NU athletic events and practices. (Don’t cry, looking back, I have left a lot of blood in the world.) I bleed purple.

But for some reason, some have decided any critical conversation about NU athletics, something which is less than perfect, is demonic.

Compared to other less educated boards, most of our critics are fair and raising topics for conversation. But instead of conversing, focusing on refuting concerns, our PKKs choose to attack credibility, fandom, identification, etc.

I might be the issue. My personality doesn’t change for this forum. I’m successful in my day life. I wonder how many of the PKK would enjoy, or do enjoy, success with the complacency they tout for their alma mater when the results are sub optimal. If you finish a project, with some luck but despite considerable error, how many say ‘ok, good job, let’s get paid.’ As a guy with pride, maybe too much, I don’t want my work product to be right by chance. That is embarrassing to me. Even if they don’t know. I do.

This is one of the posts that usually garners zero response.

What's PKK?

Purple Koolaid Klick, which I assume should have been Purple Koolaid Clique.

He might also mean "claque." [a group of sycophantic followers] It stems from the practice of long-ago French opera singers who would hire people to spread about the house and "lead" enthusiastic applause and cries of bravo, etc.

He might also mean "claque." [a group of sycophantic followers] It stems from the practice of long-ago French opera singers who would hire people to spread about the house and "lead" enthusiastic applause and cries of bravo, etc.
We need a claque in WRA and Ryan Field......

Rap had 17 points and 12 boards in 30 minutes in a narrow 8 point Colgate win over Binghamton. Game was tied at the half. We can conclude Colgate is not very good........

Last edited:
He got the surprise news earlier today that he would be eligible this season for Colgate. Colgate lost in OT to NJIT tonight, but Rap went for 16 points and 13 rebounds. Happy for him- hope he finds success there.

Colgate
I hope he has a "brush" with success, and if I ever saw him on the fluoride root for him. He has the potential tube be a great one. It was quite a (f)loss when he left

That is all

Rap had 17 points and 12 boards in 30 minutes in a narrow 8 point Colgate win over Binghamton. Game was tied at the half. We can conclude Colgate is not very good........

Yeah but he had a double double so that’s indicative of a lot, Fitzphile. He must have played great no matter how it looked or the identity of the opposition.

Reactions: NJCat
Yeah but he had a double double so that’s indicative of a lot, Fitzphile. He must have played great no matter how it looked or the identity of the opposition.
Not to hate but anybody that had the talent RI had coming out of school should put up those numbers against Binghamton. They're very poor on the inside.

RI I think woulda been a solid players for us but honestly injuries just happen. He had them in his first two years and they were consecutive season enders. Sometimes in benefitial to go get a fresh start somewhere else. He probably would be at best getting role min from us. He is now on team where they're giving him the ball enough to put up close to 20 a game. He was recruited over after he never really had the chance to develop in the system and get real game time.

I do want to end with I think he would have been a solid 4-5 tweener that would have given some post scoring and rebounding when pardon needed a breather.

Aren’t those Benson type numbers? And isn’t there a battle going on elsewhere whether Benson is any good? I think we let a serviceable player get away while sitting on a forever empty schollie.

Empty so long, it should have a name: the Honorary Vassar Scholarship - not given to anyone ever.

The more I’m seeing here,the more I feel another mismanagement. No way RI is not better than the empty schollie. And with 5-6 to fill next season...

Ok where? Well, he’s hitting threes at 41% and posting double doubles. No way he couldn’t get minutes.

The more I’m seeing here,the more I feel another mismanagement. No way RI is not better than the empty schollie. And with 5-6 to fill next season...

Ok where? Well, he’s hitting threes at 41% and posting double doubles. No way he couldn’t get minutes.
We just don't know why he left. Was he pushed, or did he jump? Only Haywood knows for sure........

Reactions: NUCat320
We just don't know why he left. Was he pushed, or did he jump? Only Haywood knows for sure........

Even if he left, just means they didn’t work hard enough to keep him excited about the program and his place in it. If he was pushed, with empty schollies already, I would really start to question the decision making process.

Even if he left, just means they didn’t work hard enough to keep him excited about the program and his place in it. If he was pushed, with empty schollies already, I would really start to question the decision making process.
We just don't know. Speculation is pointless.

That’s the point. Regardless, the staff failed to keep him. Simple enough.

Yes. Simple enough. He saw he would get much playing time, and he left. Happens all the time in college sports. Why are you specifically trying to place blame on the staff for this?

Yes. Simple enough. He saw he would get much playing time, and he left. Happens all the time in college sports. Why are you specifically trying to place blame on the staff for this?

Well, if based on the talent at the time, the staff didn’t feel they could offer enough PT, failure. And remember, positionless b-ball is what CCC seeks. I can find 20-25 mpg. You have 32 between Ash and Gaines alone. Pick a couple from Benson, Kopp, Nance and maybe it’s not a rebuild year. Tell me what you think you are getting from Ash and Gaines.

This is kind of a silly argument, right?

Guy clearly has some skills and probably would help a bit here depth-wise, but he would be playing 5-10 minutes a game. As opposed to 30-35 minutes at Colgate. After missing two years with injuries, I'm sure he wanted to be out there PLAYING vs mostly sitting. He's getting a chance to do that at the D1 level. At another great school. I think it's been a plus for Rap and also for us, allowing us to move forward.

So where's the problem? I'm happy for him that he's healthy and playing.

Why are we even talking about this kid who left the program last year and is playing for an inferior program. Time to let it go, actually way past time to let it go!

Like Vassar, recruiting Brown, the use of schollies in general, this is another example of mismanagement by CCC. Many circled last year to be a big year. Some said this would be a big year. With one NCAA tournament and no other post season play, I think the rhetoric will justly grow in the absence of some success.

We are into another season w a grim beginning. The typical glass half full or empty discussion has begun. On the scorecard, not sure if those purple colored glasses folks are ready to admit that last year was a failure. Now, a year later, the same posts on both sides arrise.

On paper, we should beat Utah today. A win would not be remarkable, it would be expected. I hope CCC and the guys take care of business with the players they chose to march into this season with. No room on this star studded lineup for RI. See you at game time. Go Cats.

annoying that people will continue to rehash this with Rap.

After 2 surgeries it wasn't a good fit. People get stale sitting out for 2 years, especailly a never established freshman. there is a Natural build-up of various reasoning for staff, medical department, and athlete. aside from struggles within the system and style of play. lots of reasons but rap made a choice to play down a level to be a better player and CCC and staff support.

(if NU was dumb to let him go, there are 80+ high level programs that are also dumb for letting him go to colgate)

ill guess ill wait and report this same thing next time bring this up again

annoying that people will continue to rehash this with Rap.

After 2 surgeries it wasn't a good fit. People get stale sitting out for 2 years, especailly a never established freshman. there is a Natural build-up of various reasoning for staff, medical department, and athlete. aside from struggles within the system and style of play. lots of reasons but rap made a choice to play down a level to be a better player and CCC and staff support.

(if NU was dumb to let him go, there are 80+ high level programs that are also dumb for letting him go to colgate)

ill guess ill wait and report this same thing next time bring this up again
Best post of this thread , by far. Hoping this is the last we hear about Rap but likely not. To bad.

Well, if based on the talent at the time, the staff didn’t feel they could offer enough PT, failure. And remember, positionless b-ball is what CCC seeks. I can find 20-25 mpg. You have 32 between Ash and Gaines alone. Pick a couple from Benson, Kopp, Nance and maybe it’s not a rebuild year. Tell me what you think you are getting from Ash and Gaines.
After two surgeries and missing two years, he needed afresh start. Something we could not give him here. At most here he would have gotten 5 to maybe 10 minutes per game. With Colgate, he gets 30. He did what he needed to do.

He is not a guard. Gaines and Ash are. And you are going to take all of their minutes to give him PT??? All while youare trying to work Kopp and Nash into the system??? Sorry minutes just not there for him. Not his fault, not the coaching staff's fault either. Just how things worked out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT