ADVERTISEMENT

Rapolas Ivanauskus

Good for him!! Like to see it. Guess he wasn't the "bust" that someone was saying he was......

Not sure. 16 and 13 against low level competition. Still, either he was a B1G bust or Collin’s program lost a quality player.

Keep in mind we are using 12 schollies. Have only filled three of expected five for next year. It wasn’t like it was him or Nance, or anyone else.

Jury is still out. Meanwhile, this is a fun team so far. I hope they continue to grow and succeed and show no reason why Rap would have been useful here. Same for Brown.

Reactions: NUCat320
Almost like a player needs to be healthy enough to play before one can conclude he is or is not a "bust".......;)

its really hard to have 2 years of consecutive surgeries and be a solid player on the same team in the same organization. most of the time a fresh start is needed (for both athlete and coaching/medical staff), especially on a lower level.

Not sure. 16 and 13 against low level competition. Still, either he was a B1G bust or Collin’s program lost a quality player.

Keep in mind we are using 12 schollies. Have only filled three of expected five for next year. It wasn’t like it was him or Nance, or anyone else.

Jury is still out. Meanwhile, this is a fun team so far. I hope they continue to grow and succeed and show no reason why Rap would have been useful here. Same for Brown.
What about 22 and 10? It's not like he's doing this in DIvision III ..

What about 22 and 10? It's not like he's doing this in DIvision III ..
That's right - Monmouth won 28 games in 2017 and 27 games in 2016, so it's not like they are a historically bad team. NJIT also beat Michigan a few years ago.

It would have been cool to see how Ivanauskas would have done in Evanston.

Reactions: mikewebb68
I was one of the bigger Rap supporters here. I played a lot of ball with Lithuanian guys....basketball to them is like beer to us Irish.

The injuries were certainly central to his move and I think everyone wishes him the best.

With that said, from the little bit we saw early last season, I don't think his game was a great fit. He bulked up and didn't seem to move the same way he did in HS. Like a Skelly did....or a Falzon does.

He's serious about his studies....I wish him every success and know he has a great future with or without basketball.

Almost like a player needs to be healthy enough to play before one can conclude he is or is not a "bust".......;)
By the standard of productivity, he was unproducitve and therefore a bust. I just hope we don’t find ourselves regretting his being pushed out of the program for being hurt...

By the standard of productivity, he was unproducitve and therefore a bust. I just hope we don’t find ourselves regretting his being pushed out of the program for being hurt...

How do you know he was pushed out?

Please quit your anti-Collins made up bullish*t. It really does you a disservice.
I love Collins. I think Ivanauskas was probably told they couldn’t take the risk given his injury history.

It’s actually how NU got Big Mike Thompson, right ?

At this point we are short guards and not forwards.

I do not like calling him a bust. He was the victim of unfortunate injury situation
How pushed out? because he was told the reality of the situation? Nash and Kopp coming in with law and Falzone supposedly coming back healthier.? Not a whole lot of minutes left at the position. And our remaining needs are primarily at guard

Not quite a double-double tonight, but still 9 points and 11 boards in another win for Colgate. He's been quite a find for them so far...

Reactions: drewjin
trust me. Rap would not have played.

What makes him worse than Benson?

Either you're saying Benson is better or you're saying there was an academic or personal issue with Rap. The NU med staff certainly can't say it would have been risky for him to play. The guy played 36 minutes the other day.

Benson > Rap (at center)

Come on people, what are you smoking?

disappointing to see those comments about Benson on an NU board

watch some film from the end of last year

Rap is a nice player but he doesn't move like a Falzon, Kopp or Nance....or Pardon or Benson.

Square peg for this system on both ends.

disappointing to see those comments about Benson on an NU board

watch some film from the end of last year

Rap is a nice player but he doesn't move like a Falzon, Kopp or Nance....or Pardon or Benson.

Square peg for this system on both ends.

I've asked this before, but what is our "system?" Specific to Rap, I must have missed all of those games in which he played for us so you'd know how he fits or doesn't.

Tallest midget. Benson hasn't made progress.

It's a little bit strange, too, because it seems like Pardon has really improved and Olah was pretty good as a senior. Well I guess under my own criteria, Barret has one more year in 2019-20 to reach a new standard of play.

I've asked this before, but what is our "system?" Specific to Rap, I must have missed all of those games in which he played for us so you'd know how he fits or doesn't.

motion offense and man defense

both require speed and agility

you are right about the very small sample size

Collins has done a good job of adapting the system to the personnel he has. That zone defense is the best example.

I agree that the odds were stacked against Rap playing a ton at NU. However, when a guy is averaging 15 points and 11 rebounds a game in Division I (w/ 50% 3 pt percentage) after two years off, you'd figure he'd be of use anywhere.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Collins has done a good job of adapting the system to the personnel he has. That zone defense is the best example.

I agree that the odds were stacked against Rap playing a ton at NU. However, when a guy is averaging 15 points and 11 rebounds a game in Division I (w/ 50% 3 pt percentage) after two years off, you'd figure he'd be of use anywhere.
Why all of the interest in a guy who was injured during most of his time at NU. This thread is getting to sound a lot like ones about a previous coach. We've wished him well, thus it's time to let it go.

Why all of the interest in a guy who was injured during most of his time at NU. This thread is getting to sound a lot like ones about a previous coach. We've wished him well, thus it's time to let it go.

Says the guy who can't let go any number of recurring topics. Irony is fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT