ADVERTISEMENT

Really good player

Is Collins recruiting Hardin intensely, also?
From that same MidPro team is an Iowa commit and Ethan Kizer, who I like--don't know if he's a Big 10-level player but he's a really athletic wing with bounce and energy and good from distance. I watched him play for a couple of hours at Eastern Illinois' camp last year and I think he walked out with an offer.

Nimmons and Harding also have offers from EIU. EIU has trouble getting commits but they do a good job of finding talent. We had quite a few talks last summer with the associate head coach where he launched into a highly detailed evaluation that tells me he's quite observant.

He's staying at SLU.
Yeah I saw that. Entered the portal, was rated as #18 or 19 by ESPN, but then reversed course a week later and said he was staying at SLU. I'm glad he is returning. They could have a good team next season and my son is a student there.

It gives me another team to cheer for and a point of comparison for NU basketball.

Yeah I saw that. Entered the portal, was rated as #18 or 19 by ESPN, but then reversed course a week later and said he was staying at SLU. I'm glad he is returning. They could have a good team next season and my son is a student there.

It gives me another team to cheer for and a point of comparison for NU basketball.

Do they have a basketball board you can frequent?

• Haha
Reactions: DaCat
Do they have a basketball board you can frequent?
So PPD, you bust my balls when I go after the koolaid krew but I guess you favor open season when one of them relentlessly posts the same thing repeatedly to attack someone else. Guess we are pretty clear that you are far from unbiased.

PWB - you realize coral talks out of about ten corners of his mouth. Arguing w him mirrors the definition of insanity. I bet if you posted how great the team seems stacked for next year, coral would be singing your praises and agreeing. Go the other way, it’s way too soon. Haven’t signed those D2 game changing transfers yet…

So PPD, you bust my balls when I go after the koolaid krew but I guess you favor open season when one of them relentlessly posts the same thing repeatedly to attack someone else. Guess we are pretty clear that you are far from unbiased.

PWB - you realize coral talks out of about ten corners of his mouth. Arguing w him mirrors the definition of insanity. I bet if you posted how great the team seems stacked for next year, coral would be singing your praises and agreeing. Go the other way, it’s way too soon. Haven’t signed those D2 game changing transfers yet…
I can’t go after Big Buddy now can I?

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
In response to an earlier question... I'm a Northwestern grad and root for our teams. My emotions are with Northwestern. I would be out of place on a Saint Louis University basketball board. I root for SLU because my son is a student there. My daughter is a student at Northwestern.

I admit I am becoming more concerned for CoralSpringsCat with his bizarre trolling. He seems to want to end all discussion of NU basketball? Is it purely a "hear no evil" mindset? I guess thats possible, but its still weird. The situation with the team is not too good, but "head in the sand" has never been my approach to addressing problems. For me, this message board is the only way to engage in "conversation" about the NU team - not too many people care about NU basketball anymore. So I appreciate those who have the same interests and are willing to discuss legitimately.

In response to an earlier question... I'm a Northwestern grad and root for our teams. My emotions are with Northwestern. I would be out of place on a Saint Louis University basketball board. I root for SLU because my son is a student there. My daughter is a student at Northwestern.

I admit I am becoming more concerned for CoralSpringsCat with his bizarre trolling. He seems to want to end all discussion of NU basketball? Is it purely a "hear no evil" mindset? I guess thats possible, but its still weird. The situation with the team is not too good, but "head in the sand" has never been my approach to addressing problems. For me, this message board is the only way to engage in "conversation" about the NU team - not too many people care about NU basketball anymore. So I appreciate those who have the same interests and are willing to discuss legitimately.
Don't be concerned, that's who he is:
1) A dude who has mentioned your name (and mine) multiple times in his precious "premium board". The mean girl
2) Who often advocates, the the point of being a "thing" for a "premium basketball board". The elitist
3) Who claims you post a lot but averages more posts a day than you. For something like 20 years. The not so self aware
4) Who clearly sees free board posters as freeloaders and not the cool kids. The jock
5) Who insists on posting women's basketball related content on the other sports board. Because you know, premium basketball board or bust. The this is my playground and I am king
6) Who defends all of NU until some kid decides do leave and magically has a 180. The flip flopper
7) The guy who gives close to zero basketball opinions. Zero on the free board. But still feels compelled to be triggered like a little kid. The immature.

Whoever he is in the real world, he is king around here. The super volume poster, two decades worth of gracing the board. Probably does not realize some of what he does could be construed as cyber bullying. Were this board composed by weaker minds, and it would 100% be. This way, it goes on, he feels safe anyway. Other posters might have stuff deleted, might even get a time out. Not this dude, he's an institution around here.

It would be funny, if it wasn't so damn sad and pathetic.

I am pretty sure he's a grown ass man. Maybe he should start behaving like one.

1) A dude who has mentioned your name (and mine) multiple times in his precious "premium board". The mean girl
2) Who often advocates, the the point of being a "thing" for a "premium basketball board". The elitist
3) Who claims you post a lot but averages more posts a day than you. For something like 20 years. The not so self aware
4) Who clearly sees free board posters as freeloaders and not the cool kids. The jock
5) Who insists on posting women's basketball related content on the other sports board. Because you know, premium basketball board or bust. The this is my playground and I am king
6) Who defends all of NU until some kid decides do leave and magically has a 180. The flip flopper
7) The guy who gives close to zero basketball opinions. Zero on the free board. But still feels compelled to be triggered like a little kid. The immature.

Whoever he is in the real world, he is king around here. The super volume poster, two decades worth of gracing the board. Probably does not realize some of what he does could be construed as cyber bullying. Were this board composed by weaker minds, and it would 100% be. This way, it goes on, he feels safe anyway. Other posters might have stuff deleted, might even get a time out. Not this dude, he's an institution around here.

Wow. Thats all news to me. Doesn't matter, but certainly sheds some light. Thanks for getting me up to speed.
Didn't realize Coral was "king." If so, its pretty clear to me that the emperor has no clothes.

I thought Lou was king! Lou makes a solid effort and is obviously a loyal, realistic fan who wants NU to succeed at sports. I enjoy reading his stuff, even when I disagree. I can't remember more than a few times when Coral posted something halfway useful on the free board.

Maybe thats what drives him - do whatever to crush the free board.

As Trump likes to say... "Sad."

• Love

If I refer to CSC as “the King” can you refer to Ignore as “Richard The Lion Heart”.

The%20King.png

Now I’ve seen it all on these boards

The%20King.png

Now I’ve seen it all on these boards
I doubt it. We will live to see a day without FA as a mod and Lou having moved on. Could be another interesting time around here. Maybe drano and mystic will return and the rant board reappear.

#believe

Reactions: NUCat320

Never in my wildest imagination did I ever see this coming from anybody on this Board.. What an awful take on a great guy, an incredible Wildcat fan and a valued contributor to these boards.

Wondering if this violates the "no personal attacks" rules around here.

GOUNUII

GOUNUII

While constructive and objective criticisms are of course fine to express, some people on this board make it their frequent duty to make negative (and unsupported) personal attacks and then just disown it (i.e., it’s just free speech; it’s a free board, etc.) when challenged. That does not meet a reasonable bar for productive free speech. Never mind we have a shared connection that most think was a very productive part of our lives, which should lead to less vitriol toward our school and the people in / around it, all else equal.

God bless Coral for his willingness to share information with positivity, and call it out when the opposite is too frequently done.

While constructive and objective criticisms are of course fine to express, some people on this board make it their frequent duty to make negative (and unsupported) personal attacks and then just disown it (i.e., it’s just free speech; it’s a free board, etc.) when challenged. That does not meet a reasonable bar for productive free speech. Never mind we have a shared connection that most think was a very productive part of our lives, which should lead to less vitriol toward our school and the people in / around it, all else equal.

God bless Coral for his willingness to share information with positivity, and call it out when the opposite is too frequently done.

He's one of the most negative people on the free board.
Maybe you can point to some of the positive information he has shared here.

Never in my wildest imagination did I ever see this coming from anybody on this Board.. What an awful take on a great guy, an incredible Wildcat fan and a valued contributor to these boards.

GOUNUII

GOUNUII
If he isn’t the most connected to the athletic department guy on this board, he is in the team picture!

• Haha
That’s interesting because Bob calls him the leader of the Kool aid clan. How can you be the most positive and negative guy at the same time?

This guy literally has a Twitter account devoted to NU Recruiting where he routinely shares the benefits of being a NU student athlete. How he can be viewed as negative toward NU is mind boggling.

The fact that we have to have an ongoing debate about posters just shows the animosity that festers when points are relentlessly pursued.

GOUNUII

GOUNUII
This is where you draw a line on personal insults?

thanks

So ours these posts only seem to protect certain posters. Probably why the other half pays them no mind. Start my treating those you disagree with or dislike then you earn your soapbox. Otherwise your just another partisan complaining about attacks while plotting your next one.

That’s interesting because Bob calls him the leader of the Kool aid clan. How can you be the most positive and negative guy at the same time?

This guy literally has a Twitter account devoted to NU Recruiting where he routinely shares the benefits of being a NU student athlete. How he can be viewed as negative toward NU is mind boggling.

The fact that we have to have an ongoing debate about posters just shows the animosity that festers when points are relentlessly pursued.
Negative about posters on the board. Overly positive about everything NU. Reading comprehension.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
Don’t expect to receive a response
Being in the minority as to how you interpret Coral’s positivity can only be explained by inherent bias or by not reading well. His positivity is so obvious, it’s downright unfathomable you can’t see it, nor see that his negativity is justifiably limited to only certain posters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT