ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

PZAZ

Jul 5, 2014
We have about 3 weeks left. Brooks had a visit yesterday, and perhaps another "sleeper" recruit out there somewhere. Anyone know how Brooks visit went? Anyone else we know of being recruited or is Fitz holding schollies for next year?

Don't sleep on Fox. I don't think he's scratched the surface of his ability yet playing behind Ant. Go back and check his HS tape... kid can play!
HS tape fine. But when he played this year they didn't lose much. Another year and he can step right in next Fall.

Don't sleep on Fox. I don't think he's scratched the surface of his ability yet playing behind Ant. Go back and check his HS tape... kid can play!

Brooks is a fine looking prospect, but I don't think it is reasonable for him to step right in and leapfrog Fox. When Fox was in he didn't look out of place, but he wasn't in all that much with Ant rarely coming off the field.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Brooks is a fine looking prospect, but I don't think it is reasonable for him to step right in and leapfrog Fox. When Fox was in he didn't look out of place, but he wasn't in all that much with Ant rarely coming off the field.
Also right behind Fox is Paddy Fisher. I don't think he leaps over Fisher either. We have two very good Mike's familiar with the playbook who can both play .

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Looking forward to see what are new LB's do next year. Replacing a high round NFL isn't necessarily easy, but I agree the cupboard isn't exactly bare.
We are going to be an all around better defense this year than last year. Don't forget we have Watkins healthy this season too. Our D line and secondary will be better. Our backers will be very good Nate Hall will be very good . Fox also is ready as is Brett Walsh . And Jango and Paddy are physically and mentally prepared now to play. We will have a very fast group of backers. We have and excellent linebackers coach who knows how to prepare players to play Northwestern always has a great linebacker group because the staff is very good st recognizing and developing talent . Coach Hanks is the best DC in the B1G and adjusts his defense to fit what he has and doesn't have .I expect at least a 9 win season .Our season will be more determined by our offense and offensive line

Last edited:
We are going to be an all around better defense this year than last year. Don't forget we have Watkins healthy this season too. Our D line and secondary will be better. Our backers will be very good Nate Hall will be very good . Fox also is ready as is Brett Walsh . And Jango and Paddy are physically and mentally prepared now to play. We will have a very fast group of backers. We have and excellent linebackers coach who knows how to prepare players to play Northwestern always has a great linebacker group because the staff is very good st recognizing and developing talent . Coach Hanks is the best DC in the B1G and adjusts his defense to fit what he has and doesn't have .I expect at least a 9 win season .Our season will be more determined by our offense and offensive line

I agree Mr Jango. My biggest concern with the LB's is keeping them all healthy. We lost more than Ant in the depth department. I also liked the development of McGee last year. Not a LB, but someone who delivers a blow and play in situational pass formations and still stop the run like a LB .

Feel bad for Jaylen Prater, he was playing at a really high level before he got injured. Unfortunately, injuries go with the territory for football.

CATSDAD, I know this stuff is hard to quantify but you pay close attention especially to your son. How has Jango developed this past year? Can you put a percent on it ? or tell us some way that he is stronger or faster or more football savvy?

I agree Mr Jango. My biggest concern with the LB's is keeping them all healthy. We lost more than Ant in the depth department. I also liked the development of McGee last year. Not a LB, but someone who delivers a blow and play in situational pass formations and still stop the run like a LB .
We are only
CATSDAD, I know this stuff is hard to quantify but you pay close attention especially to your son. How has Jango developed this past year? Can you put a percent on it ? or tell us some way that he is stronger or faster or more football savvy?
Jango has put on 25 lbs since arriving in Evanston, and just ran two 4.1 pro agilities , one in each direction .Which means he is putting on size while not losing his speed. He is now doing 225 for 19 reps , which is way up. We have a very good strength program. Jango goes to the field on his free time and stretches , jumps rope ,and runs. He also lifts extra He does a lot of extra training . He also watches film in order to slow the game down and learn formations He has received lots of help from players and coaches .Go to www.jango50.com and look at the difference between NSD and now.

Reactions: nickcat4
We are only

Jango has put on 25 lbs since arriving in Evanston, and just ran two 4.1 pro agilities , one in each direction .Which means he is putting on size while not losing his speed. He is now doing 225 for 19 reps , which is way up. We have a very good strength program. Jango goes to the field on his free time and stretches , jumps rope ,and runs. He also lifts extra He does a lot of extra training . He also watches film in order to slow the game down and learn formations He has received lots of help from players and coaches .Go to www.jango50.com and look at the difference between NSD and now.

His guns are almost as big as yours now!

Reactions: CatsDad
We are only

Your son is really growing up. Just think what he''ll be like in a year or so when he fully grows into his frame.....

Reactions: CatsDad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT