ADVERTISEMENT

Reflections on Tampa

madmaxvol

Dec 22, 2010
First, I did not encounter Phil...so there is that. On New Year's Eve, I went to Busch Gardens and (along with enjoying the weather and family fun) I attended the Battle Of The Bands. While NU's band is relatively small, they were very good...but mostly, they were fun. Loved their ROAR when they marched to and from the venue. They had a lot of spirit, and are a credit to the university.

On Friday, I tailgated outside of the stadium. I had some great interactions with NU fans who, like myself, were pleasantly pleased with the weather. I bought tickets on the street an hour before the game at a fraction of face value, and took my 15 year old son to our mid level seats in the NU section. While it was technically the NU section, it was mostly orange. I had one loud UT fan behind me who was an obnoxious jerk, but other than that...I didn't experience any taunting or poor behavior on either side.

UT had a good game on the field, and NU didn't...I'll leave the game analysis to that. What I will say is that the venue was great, the weather was perfect, and I enjoyed talking to the NU fans I met. I wish you all a blessed and fruitful 2016. Hope to watch you guys in The Rose Bowl next year.

@ madmaxvol

Not sure if you caught my initial pregame post reflecting upon your orange on white helmet avatar as resembling BB-8. On the chat during the game, others started referring to the Vols as BB-8s. Eventually went to Star Wars to get my mind off the game and there in the opening scene was your avatar morphed into a BB-8. o_O

photo_zpsmyaskwub.jpg

Reactions: madmaxvol
Haha! At the big family Christmas get-together this year, my nephew took great joy driving his remote-control BB8 around the house, and got many comments about how BB8 is a Volunteer. The greatest fun: his mom is a life-long Florida Gator fan. She was not amused. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT