ADVERTISEMENT

Road to a Second NCAA Bid

GlideCat

Jan 19, 2013
I am not a basketball guy, so please excuse my ignorance. But...

To even have a chance to sniff an NCAA bid after our OOC showing, we have to have 20 wins on the regular season. There are 17 games remaining. We can only lose 6. In how many of our remaining games will we be underdogs?

Last edited:

To even have a chance to sniff an NCAA bid after our OOC showing, we have to have 20 wins on the regular season. There are 15 games remaining. We can only lose 4. In how many of our remaining games will we be underdogs?
You might want to edit your post....there are 17 games remaining, 16 Big 10 and 1 OOC......

10-6 overall in conference play which includes 1 (or probably 2) resume builders. Without a resume builder, probably a slight chance at 11-5, but most likely 12-4.

Either way, still gotta take this one game at a time...

To even have a chance to sniff an NCAA bid after our OOC showing, we have to have 20 wins on the regular season. There are 15 games remaining. We can only lose 4. In how many of our remaining games will we be underdogs?
Or just win the Big Ten Tournament!

You might want to edit your post....there are 17 games remaining, 16 Big 10 and 1 OOC......
I used the schedule shown here on Rivals. For some reason, it stops with the Maryland game. I edited my post. Thanx.

To even have a chance to sniff an NCAA bid after our OOC showing, we have to have 20 wins on the regular season. There are 17 games remaining. We can only lose 6. In how many of our remaining games will we be underdogs?
Barring injuries, we will be favored in quite a few. Schedule is very favorable...

Barring injuries, we will be favored in quite a few. Schedule is very favorable...
Injuries are a fact of life. I can't recall the last year when NU didn't have a significant injury.

2016-17: Lindsey, Pardon, Falzon, Rap
2015-16: Law
2014-15: Cobb
2013-14: Cobb
2012-13: Crawford, Swopshire

And so on. Can't use injuries as an excuse.

Injuries are a fact of life. I can't recall the last year when NU didn't have a significant injury.

2016-17: Lindsey, Pardon, Falzon, Rap
2015-16: Law
2014-15: Cobb
2013-14: Cobb
2012-13: Crawford, Swopshire

And so on. Can't use injuries as an excuse.
Injuries are not an excuse; they change outcomes. We most certainly are better than 24 wins last year without all those injuries. Not an excuse, but a fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT