ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors

Purdue loves to throw the ball and they usually have good QB's. They also have had some excellent WR's the past two years. That's the attraction. The rest of the school is drab and boring, the stadium is shabby, and their team colors suck. And yes, Purdue has been horrible at graduating their players in the past because they double down and dig deep for dimbulbs. Probably not a scholarship science or engineering student on the team. But they have a big base drum which is important.
A couple false points you have here:

Elijah Siindelar has an engineering degree along with 7 other active Purdue football players.

3 current roster players are or have obtained their masters degrees.

2 current players are in flight and aviation (that does not include Markell Jones who is finishing his masters I believe)

4 Boilers are obtaining economics degrees.

That 'shabby' stadium is getting college football's first HDR scoreboard

2020_video_board_2.jpg

The stadium will also go a total renovation from the entrance level up starting in roughly 2022 that will total over $100 million.

I don't mind a bit of trash talking but at least get your figures and stuff right.

Well, this whole thread went downhill quickly. Nothing like the fanbases of two teams that combined for a record of 7-17 this past season taking shots at each other.

Though I will say, Purdue fans bragging about winning this year's matchup on the last play of the game and calling it an "ass kicking" is really the winner here. Feels like something an Illinois fan would do.

Well, this whole thread went downhill quickly. Nothing like the fanbases of two teams that combined for a record of 7-17 this past season taking shots at each other.

Though I will say, Purdue fans bragging about winning this year's matchup on the last play of the game and calling it an "ass kicking" is really the winner here. Feels like something an Illinois fan would do.
This is what happens when detailed information hits the free board. You invite the fricking trolls. There fans don’t even know this is taking place until we tell them.

Particularly when they are 2-7 against Northwestern in this decade.

A couple false points you have here:

Elijah Siindelar has an engineering degree along with 7 other active Purdue football players.

3 current roster players are or have obtained their masters degrees.

2 current players are in flight and aviation (that does not include Markell Jones who is finishing his masters I believe)

4 Boilers are obtaining economics degrees.

That 'shabby' stadium is getting college football's first HDR scoreboard

2020_video_board_2.jpg

The stadium will also go a total renovation from the entrance level up starting in roughly 2022 that will total over $100 million.

I don't mind a bit of trash talking but at least get your figures and stuff right.
NU definately has the football facilities over the Purdue program. If I were a player, I'd love to practice at the NU facilitiy. As far as gameday experience for players, it sucks in both stadiums. Although Purdue may have more of a fan base, even though I think the NU Faithful are more faithful than Purdue faithful.

I hope we keep this wr although I don't really understand why any stud WR would come to NU. We have no track record with WR's other than being the "Bermuda Triangle of WR" where you come here and then nobody ever hears from you again. One exception, if a WR wants to be more of a blocking WR than a pass catching one then this may be the program.

On the other hand, if I were a DL, I'd come here in a heartbeat at NU.

NU definately has the football facilities over the Purdue program. If I were a player, I'd love to practice at the NU facilitiy. As far as gameday experience for players, it sucks in both stadiums. Although Purdue may have more of a fan base, even though I think the NU Faithful are more faithful than Purdue faithful.

I hope we keep this wr although I don't really understand why any stud WR would come to NU. We have no track record with WR's other than being the "Bermuda Triangle of WR" where you come here and then nobody ever hears from you again. One exception, if a WR wants to be more of a blocking WR than a pass catching one then this may be the program.

NW has super nice facilities, but that shouldn't be a knock on Purdue's facilities. They are really nice as well. Purdue is dumping money into football. The poster above undercut the stadium spending. They are saying closer to $120 mil. It will pay off in another year or two. The west is about to be a lot of fun!

NW has super nice facilities, but that shouldn't be a knock on Purdue's facilities. They are really nice as well. Purdue is dumping money into football. The poster above undercut the stadium spending. They are saying closer to $120 mil. It will pay off in another year or two. The west is about to be a lot of fun!
who is paying for the updated stadium? Are they going to charge PSL's?

who is paying for the updated stadium? Are they going to charge PSL's?
I'm going to be dumb, but what's PSL?

It's going to be completely funded by donations. They kicked it off by announcing a 15 mil donation about 10 days ago. Purdue athletics is its own entity and no tuition money goes to athletics. That's part of the reason how Purdue is on a 9 year tuition freeze.

If I didn't answer your question, I'll try again once you clarify PSL. Sorry.

I'm going to be dumb, but what's PSL?

It's going to be completely funded by donations. They kicked it off by announcing a 15 mil donation about 10 days ago. Purdue athletics is its own entity and no tuition money goes to athletics. That's part of the reason how Purdue is on a 9 year tuition freeze.

If I didn't answer your question, I'll try again once you clarify PSL. Sorry.

Personal seat license.

Yeah have fun with that. You’re not gonna like watching your QB get popped by Karlaftis. He’s gonna make Graziano look like Kai Higgins

Our football players don't have to share them though with many other sports.

Karlaftis did approximately nothing against our worst team in a decade.
4 tackles. 2 tfl. And a recovered fumble. As a true freshman.

He had 6 sacks and 3 assist on the year. 15 tackles for loss and 5 assist. As a DE playing his third year of football I'm his life. He's going to be good.

This next year, he gets to play next to purdues DT that was a preseason projected 1st round pick. Purdues Dline last year started 2 freshman.

This is where Karlaftis will be working in 5 years:

Sarkis-Cafe-615x300.jpg

Wow what an elitist prick you are... that’s all you two dollar pansies named “tathan” have ...

Northwestern football rules:

1. If we win, we rule
2. If we lose, the other team and their fans are our butlers

You’re proof that money can’t buy class. I’ll insult you .. not your players

Wow what an elitist prick you are... that’s all you two dollar pansies named “tathan” have ...

Northwestern football rules:

1. If we win, we rule
2. If we lose, the other team and their fans are our butlers

You’re proof that money can’t buy class. I’ll insult you .. not your players
He meant no offense, Sarkis is delicious...well, as far the food of the proletariat goes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT