ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors

Purdue’s ascendancy is much talked about, but little substance.
Define little substance? Back to back freshman player of the year on offense. Potential for back to back top 25 recruiting classes. This was always a 5 year rebuild for Purdue football. That's how bad it was. If you only look at wins and losses, then you are correct that Purdue is going the wrong way. Have to look at more than wins and losses right now.

Define little substance? Back to back freshman player of the year on offense. Potential for back to back top 25 recruiting classes. This was always a 5 year rebuild for Purdue football. That's how bad it was. If you only look at wins and losses, then you are correct that Purdue is going the wrong way. Have to look at more than wins and losses right now.

No.

You think you have to explain that to us?

He was recruited as a WR, but OSU is dicking him around and hinting at a possible need to switch to DB (shocker!), so he is delaying signing.
They have been screwing him from the beginning. I'm 64 years old and I've been seeing this from tOSU for multiple times.

You think you have to explain that to us?
Obviously you're only looking at wins and losses and not what the program was vs where it's at. By looking at wins only, I can say that Purdue is a better program looking ahead than northwestern.

Don't get called lazy to often, but it's usually message board people who think that. Glad my management thinks otherwise.

As for big guys and bad knees. Your right. ACL's aren't really major injuries anymore. Plenty of guys come back from ACL's and he is going to have 18 months to strengthen it. Not really worried. Him at 90% is a huge boost. Purdue will be a much improved team next year and Purdue is a program on the rise.
*too often

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
4 is greater than 3 no? Please. I'm asking you, because I love big ten football discussion, tell me how the future of NW football is brighter than Purdue?
You keep moving your durational points. Is the discussion about the future or last year?
If it is about last year, then your team was better.
If it is about the future, then who knows?
To be fair, your coach is a goodie; the $$ support is finally there; and your recruiting has been eye opening.
Certainly, there are brighter days ahead for your program but Mr Fitzgerald has established a decent one here already.
Either way, i think NU optimized the best they can do under Mr Fitzgerald, not sure if Coach Brohm can do likewise?

You keep moving your durational points. Is the discussion about the future or last year?
If it is about last year, then your team was better.
If it is about the future, then who knows?
To be fair, your coach is a goodie; the $$ support is finally there; and your recruiting has been eye opening.
Certainly, there are brighter days ahead for your program but Mr Fitzgerald has established a decent one here already.
Either way, i think NU optimized the best they can do under Mr Fitzgerald, not sure if Coach Brohm can do likewise?
Why can't Brohm maximize his team once he has a chance to recruit an entire team? You call Brohm a good coach, then say your not sure if he can make his team good? I'm confused. What's purdue not have/currently doing that says they can't be big ten west contenders next year and beyond?

Why can't Brohm maximize his team once he has a chance to recruit an entire team? You call Brohm a good coach, then say your not sure if he can make his team good? I'm confused. What's purdue not have/currently doing that says they can't be big ten west contenders next year and beyond?
Never done it. In fact never contended. You may score 40 points but you still will have games you give up 47.

Good for Purdue. Total low class to switch on signing day after NU stuck with him when it looked like he couldn’t play.

Hey but he is 18 and it sure seems his ole boy was driving this one.
Nah, it makes perfect sense. Alot has changed, including a new OC. He owed NU nothing. Actually, he didnt need NU to stick by him as he had others waiting.
To be honest, it made zero sense for him to come here. Zero. And a program on decline doesnt give any recruit the warm fuzzies. You have to admit, a wr can have alot of fun on Purdue.

Reactions: BoilermakerD
Nah, it makes perfect sense. Alot has changed, including a new OC. He owed NU nothing. Actually, he didnt need NU to stick by him as he had others waiting.
To be honest, it made zero sense for him to come here. Zero. And a program on decline doesnt give any recruit the warm fuzzies. You have to admit, a wr can have alot of fun on Purdue.
A program in decline? You are taking the horrendous season pretty hard.

There are 100’s of kids who can run and catch a ball. This kids signing with Purdue tells us he’s nothing more than an opportunist who turn tail once he finds out he’ll be 4th string!

There are 100’s of kids who can run and catch a ball. This kids signing with Purdue tells us he’s nothing more than an opportunist who turn tail once he finds out he’ll be 4th string!

ARY seemed like a good kid. I wish him the best except when he plays against NU.

It would be pretty sad to see him get swallowed up by the depth chart and forever regret his hasty and perhaps not well thought out decision.

Never done it. In fact never contended. You may score 40 points but you still will have games you give up 47.
Are you saying Brohm has never had a good defense? They were top 25 his first year. Then lost everyone. And there lies the issue. The defense lost everyone and now they are trying to build it back. The offense lost everyone, but has hit on some absolute home runs that have helped it a ton while the OL catches up. Brohm doesn't have a great team right now because the amount of Hazell upperclassmen left are basically none. That's why it was always a 5 year rebuild.

Expecting Brohm to win 9 in year 3 at Purdue is like expecting Rutgers to win 9 in schianos 3rd year.

Are you saying Brohm has never had a good defense? They were top 25 his first year. Then lost everyone. And there lies the issue. The defense lost everyone and now they are trying to build it back. The offense lost everyone, but has hit on some absolute home runs that have helped it a ton while the OL catches up. Brohm doesn't have a great team right now because the amount of Hazell upperclassmen left are basically none. That's why it was always a 5 year rebuild.

Expecting Brohm to win 9 in year 3 at Purdue is like expecting Rutgers to win 9 in schianos 3rd year.

Fitz won 9 in year 3 under extremely difficult circumstances.

A program in decline? You are taking the horrendous season pretty hard.
Yes
Mr Fitzgerald's recruiting has been lacking. This class is another disappointment. Ending up with the 10th-14th best class in the Big Ten only continues the slide.
Replacing McCall was something long overdue but the recruiting is a pretty big problem.
Hopefully, Mr Fitzgerald can make further changes in recruiting.

Fitz won 9 in year 3 under extremely difficult circumstances.
Good for him. Idk the nature of the big ten, the schedule, or his team. All factors that play into it that make it a very difficult comparison. If you think Purdue will continue to be the 6th or 7th best team in the west, have fun being surprised. I don't see much separation in the west from top to bottom tbh. Wisconsin is ahead of everyone, but then the rest of the teams aren't far off of each other imo.

Good for him. Idk the nature of the big ten, the schedule, or his team. All factors that play into it that make it a very difficult comparison. If you think Purdue will continue to be the 6th or 7th best team in the west, have fun being surprised. I don't see much separation in the west from top to bottom tbh. Wisconsin is ahead of everyone, but then the rest of the teams aren't far off of each other imo.
Does the N stand for Nebraska?

Yes, good luck, now go back to your premium board.

Linking a NU thread to your Premium Board and gathering the Posse shows what class some of you have. YAR will fit right in at Purdue. You sound like Nebraska fans where their best day of the season is always signing day.
Don’t get too upset by it- some of these guys treat their fellow Purdue Alums just as bad if not worse. Northwestern and Purdue fans actually get along great.

Reactions: drewjin

so if I’m reading this right you think he left for Purdue because he was afraid of being 4th string, at NU???? Purdue’s 5th receiver would be the top dog at northwestern so I don’t think he’s afraid of competition.

good luck next year. I usually root for the wildcats, nice underdog story

If there’s no separation from top to bottom, then you acknowledge Purdue could very well continue to be 6th or 7th in the West if things don’t break right. As could any team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT