ADVERTISEMENT

Sad sack

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
Story of the current NU era. Why oh why has Fitz not seen the deficiencies in this offense for the past 8 years and actually done something about that, so we limp through another season depending on a great defense. Seriously, it is totally unfair to put Thorson through the torture of such a bad O Line. It truly is time for some change. Now, not at the end of the season. And if it doesn't happen by the end of the season, God knows why we spent all that money on a new facility. I wouldn't spend another dime on this program until someone wakes Fitz up. There is so much potential and it's being frittered away.

I don’t know, maybe Thorson is shell shocked now, but he made some awful decisions. Multiple times he was outside the tackles and took a 10+ yard sack. And then throwing in the middle of the field with like 10 seconds and no time outs. That was partially Nagel’s fault since he ran short of the sticks, but come on.

Just one person had to make an above and beyond individual effort and we win. Catch that INT in the end zone. Break a tackle. Come down with a 50-50 ball. Pick up that blitzing rusher. Evade the rush and scramble for 10 yards like Patterson did umpteen times. Strip the ball. So maddening to lose a game in this fashion.

I don’t know, maybe Thorson is shell shocked now, but he made some awful decisions. Multiple times he was outside the tackles and took a 10+ yard sack. And then throwing in the middle of the field with like 10 seconds and no time outs. That was partially Nagel’s fault since he ran short of the sticks, but come on.

Just one person had to make an above and beyond individual effort and we win. Catch that INT in the end zone. Break a tackle. Come down with a 50-50 ball. Pick up that blitzing rusher. Evade the rush and scramble for 10 yards like Patterson did umpteen times. Strip the ball. So maddening to lose a game in this fashion.

He was trying to buy enough time for some to come open. Doesn’t happen with this personnel.

When we reached the 50 I thought how in the world is Thorson going to buy enough time to get off a hail mary. When we was sacked, I was not surprised at all.

Someone commented last game that Thorson ought to roll out to his left more often, the field is wide open and everyone already expects him to go to the right. Not sure if it would've worked today but sure would've like to have seen them try it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT