ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Nebraska

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
NU shot just 31 percent from the floor but have a 30-25 lead thanks to Nebraska shooting a tick worse (30) and offensive rebounding. The Cats actually have more offensive rebounds (14) than defensive (12), resulting in them shooting 12 more shots than Nebraska (39 to 27). They need the volume. NU's five starters shot a combined 8-32 (25 percent).

Despite playing only 7 minutes because of foul trouble, Falzon co-leads NU with 8 points on 3-4 shooting and 2-2 on 3s. Pardon also has 8, with a team-high 8 rebounds. NU misses BMac, but they still have nine assists on their 12 baskets. They did much better offensively once Brown replaced Ash at the point.

Speedy point guard Glynn Watson Jr. leads Nebraska with 11 points and (surprisingly) five rebounds.

Maybe this is the breakout game from Falzon that we've all been waiting for. I liked the way Lindsey made that NBA three-pointer at the end of the first half.

I do not think Ash can dribble with his right hand. Pardon has dramatically improved over the years. 15:47 left and Brown in the game. Law has 2 and Scot has 5. Falzon now has 12.

Need to find a way to get this win, no matter how ugly. Simply can’t drop this game.

41-36 with 9:34 left. 1st to 50 wins in my opinion. Need to put in all offense weapons.

41-36 with 9:34 left. 1st to 50 wins in my opinion. Need to put in all offense weapons.

Lindsey and Law can’t create for themselves. Still. After all these years.

Bring in Brown, let him go to work when not feeding Pardon.

Lindsey looks lifeless out there. Can’t be giving up four-point plays in a game like this.

Need Brown in, Ash out ...... can't play D first when you're down.

Lindsey has been SUCH a terrible disappointment this year. As big as his improvement was for our history last year, his regression as a SENIOR has been a killer so far this year.

Reactions: 2388bb
Nebraska in one man zone. No need to cover Ash. Falzon in. Nebraska has 51.

Well at least I made some money on the easiest bet of my life, neb +9.5

I think we can stop trying to figure out where 12 wins come from now.

I just switched channels to an Avengers cartoon.

Lindsey and Law a combined 6-for-24.

Law spent from guarding Watson Jr. Lindsey showing absolutely no grit and no leadership.

Pardon banging and doing everything he can.

Can’t lose big in a home game to Nebraska.

Hoping for NIT.

This was a terribly coached game by Chris. Ash is not a B10 guard. Nebraska blew by him. His defender played 6 feet off of him.Beither Law nor Lindsey can beat anyone off the dribble. Our team is soft.

This team is going to give me a lot more free time until March Madness when I can care about college ball again.

Low ceilings on our players. Usually with an injury someone else steps up. Just don’t have the talent.

I'm finally saying it, sadly: NU is not very good. I know B-Mac is out, but we've been seeing this all season. The defense has been embarrassing for much of the year. The offense hasn't had anything resembling a reliable go-to guy.

I still love these guys and nothing will ever take away last March, but there is nothing right now to indicate they'll be returning to the NCAAs this year. I can only hope we can continue to build on the strong recruiting and get back to being a strong team when we're back in the new arena next year.

I'm finally saying it, sadly: NU is not very good. I know B-Mac is out, but we've been seeing this all season. The defense has been embarrassing for much of the year. The offense hasn't had anything resembling a reliable go-to guy.

I still love these guys and nothing will ever take away last March, but there is nothing right now to indicate they'll be returning to the NCAAs this year. I can only hope we can continue to build on the strong recruiting and get back to being a strong team when we're back in the new arena next year.

Yup. Lost season in a garbage arena in a NW suburb.

This was a terribly coached game by Chris. Ash is not a B10 guard. Nebraska blew by him. His defender played 6 feet off of him.Beither Law nor Lindsey can beat anyone off the dribble. Our team is soft.

Brown showed nothing to convince me (or likely Collins) that he deserved more minutes.

Agree about Law and Lindsey. It’s been a problem for years.

A very soft team. I was hoping the BMac injury would cause them to rally and play hard and for each other. Nope. Lifeless. Weak.

Brown showed nothing to convince me (or likely Collins) that he deserved more minutes.

A very soft team. I was hoping the BMac injury would cause them to rally and play hard and for each other. Nope. Lifeless. Weak.
They're just not that good without McIntosh.
He's BY FAR their best player. It didn't fully hit home for me until today. But it's the truth.

I agree with you, but Chris is Dr. Hook. Your offense is predicated on the drive, but no one can drive. You need a scorer in the game. If I recall, Brown was the all time leading scorer in Seattle. He is going to make mistakes, but from what I saw tonight, he should have played. I live Chris as a coach, but he is very pig headed:eek:bstinate. Remember when he stuck with man to man defense when we could not cover a chair. Our offensive limitations were obvious to the crowd, but not Chris.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT