ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Purdue

I was thinking more from a potential "bad loss" perspective. Rutgers could beat up the RPI pretty good with a win. Ohio State can't harm NU at all on that front.

Got it-- that makes a lot more sense. But I think we obliterate Rutgers if we end up playing them, I truly do.

One hell of a game, but we just aren't at their level and don't match up well. The loss doesn't bother me at all. We hung with them.

That type of effort combined with NU's propensity to perform well away from W-R gives me hope that 'Cats may be capable of a post season run.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
But I think we obliterate Rutgers if we end up playing them, I truly do.

Please let that be the case.

In addition to eliminating any smidgen of NCAA doubt, a win would allow me to see this year's team in person for the first time the following day.

I'd much rather play Rutgers than Ohio State. Rutgers plays hard, but the talent gap between the two teams is tremendous.

Very hard to beat a team 3 times in a season though.

Which is also why I like our chances if we see Purdue in the finals.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Please let that be the case.

In addition to eliminating any smidgen of NCAA doubt, a win would allow me to see this year's team in person for the first time the following day.

Yeah, me as well, I might be able to see them since for the first time since they played Fordham at Madison Square Garden. It was not a pleasant memory...

What a first half! Both teams are playing well, with NU shooting 52 percent and Purdue 46. Lindsey (8 points) carried the offense early, while BMac (12) came on to carry them late. This is the second straight game that Ash, and not Brown, was the first point guard off the bench.

Matthias has 12 points to lead Purdue, while Swanigan has 9 and a game-high 8 rebounds. They outscored NU 7-2 from the free throw line.

NU just honored about three dozen players from the 1970s through the 2000s, all lined up with black Under Armour warmups. The biggest roars were for Eschmeyer, Coble and Sobolewski. It was great to see Vukusic in the house.

Was Bob Grady in the house?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT