ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Stanford

Bowser should have scored on that running play before the fumble. He got tripped up by an arm tackle and had green grass in front of him. Big missed play.
There was a point where I wished he had just squared up at about the five and plow forward.

Don’t worry, folks. I’ve been told on here that these games don’t count so there’s no reason to be upset about anything.

Reactions: IGNORE
This is typical early season crap from Fitz et al. But he was oh so cute about his QBs all offseason. I hope he enjoyed that.

What does Fitz have to do with it. Johnson is not ready and will need to grow on the job, which will be painful at times. now you guys realize why there was a Qb competition.

Reactions: SeventiesCAT
I'm so tired of NU having OL woes. I hope the next crop is really a step above as we expect them to be. How can it be that every year our QB has to run for his life?

Reactions: drewjin
We're losing at the point of attack on both sides of the ball.

Hunter wasn't ready. Coaches said the past couple months that he wasn't anywhere near as comfortable as Green.

They were clearly telling the truth. Going to have to hope he figures it out the next couple games.

Stanford starting to open it up. This could get ugly.

Notice how Stanford's OL can pick up blitzes, give QB time, make a read, and throw to an open WR. I really wonder what that feels like...

Reactions: IGNORE
Hunter wasn't ready. Coaches said the past couple months that he wasn't anywhere near as comfortable as Green.

They were clearly telling the truth. Going to have to hope he figures it out the next couple games.

He’s not a freshman he’s a redshirt sophomore. He’s not any good.

You are seeing something I am not.
I'm seeing Stanford guys in the backfield on all our passing plays while watching our DL get stood straight up on pass plays. No one is breaking free to pressure the QB and they are getting yards on every run play.

Reactions: drewjin
I'm seeing Stanford guys in the backfield on all our passing plays while watching our DL get stood straight up on pass plays. No one is breaking free to pressure the QB and they are getting yards on every run play.

Gee, I guess the 6+ holding calls on Stanford happened when the Stanford OL decided to give our DL big hugs while they were getting stood up on the line of scrimmage?

Gee, I guess the 6+ holding calls on Stanford happened when the Stanford OL decided to give our DL big hugs while they were getting stood up on the line of scrimmage?
At least a couple of those were down the field and one was on a punt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT