ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day

Michigan with 27 commits! Maryland with 28! When did they join the SEC?

I heard about the number of Michigan commits on the radio this morning and immediately thought of the SEC

5 x 27= 135 not a bad haul in a 5 year period Where do the 50 extra players go ? Even
4 x 27= 108 meaning 23 have to be jettisoned in some form or fashion
How many did Michigan sign last year ? How many commitments did they have prior to signing day ?

I heard about the number of Michigan commits on the radio this morning and immediately thought of the SEC

5 x 27= 135 not a bad haul in a 5 year period Where do the 50 extra players go ? Even
4 x 27= 108 meaning 23 have to be jettisoned in some form or fashion
How many did Michigan sign last year ? How many commitments did they have prior to signing day ?
Disclaimer - I despise Mich and HardBlow

I think I read that they had like 20 seniors on the team, plus peppers and anyone else that left early, plus a guy transferred (run off?) And I think an injury. Probably still overcommitted but not as bad as it looks

I think I read that they had like 20 seniors on the team, plus peppers and anyone else that left early, plus a guy transferred (run off?) And I think an injury. Probably still overcommitted but not as bad as it looks
OSU does the same thing. OSU chases kids off and over recruits.

Michigan actually had 42 seniors this year, plus Peppers. 18 of their 22 starters were graduating seniors, plus kicker punter holder. My guess is the 42 number includes a few who are coming back for a 5th year (I read that in the context of someone writing an article saying Mich would struggle next year), but as bad as Harbaugh may be in terms of recruiting ethics, he is not oversigning this time I don't think. Though that won't stop him from kicking a few of the commits out late in the game if anyone more compelling arises.

Agreed impressive class by Maryland.

According to this article Michigan is definitely losing 25 players to graduation/NFL/grad transfer, plus 9 who are "unclear" - mainly seniors who haven't contributed much and may not be asked back for a 5th year

Nebraska is ranked as high as #22 and Wisconsin all the way down at #47? Surprising, especially since their respective number of recruits is about the same (so it isn't a volume thing).

OSU does the same thing. OSU chases kids off and over recruits.

That kind of goes without saying. This is minor compared to all the other crap that happens at dOSU. They don't belong in the B1G. They are an SEC school through and through.

At least when we win, we do it the right way. Those SOBs win on the field but at the cost of their souls.

Reactions: CatsDad
That kind of goes without saying. This is minor compared to all the other crap that happens at dOSU. They don't belong in the B1G. They are an SEC school through and through.

At least when we win, we do it the right way. Those SOBs win on the field but at the cost of their souls.
Alleged souls.

Reactions: CatsDad
Michigan actually had 42 seniors this year, plus Peppers. 18 of their 22 starters were graduating seniors, plus kicker punter holder. My guess is the 42 number includes a few who are coming back for a 5th year (I read that in the context of someone writing an article saying Mich would struggle next year), but as bad as Harbaugh may be in terms of recruiting ethics, he is not oversigning this time I don't think. Though that won't stop him from kicking a few of the commits out late in the game if anyone more compelling arises.

Agreed impressive class by Maryland.
42 seniors, or 42 guys leaving due to graduation, leaving early, and not being asked back for a fifth year? If it's the former, my head just exploded.

42 seniors, or 42 guys leaving due to graduation, leaving early, and not being asked back for a fifth year? If it's the former, my head just exploded.
I wrote 42 seniors, and then stated afterward that I think the number of those graduating / leaving is lower. Based on the # of commits listed in the original post I would guess the number leaving is in the high 20s. I'm sure if one wanted to they could find the specific numbers from their Senior Day release or whatever. Regardless, 18/22 starters plus all key special teams players gone is a lot of holes to fill. Speight is almost the only meaningful guy they have coming back.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT