ADVERTISEMENT

So no WRs and no QBs following the worst offense under Fitz

Medill '03

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2001
That can’t be a good sign. One last price to pay for not dealing with McCall a long time ago.

Reactions: NUCat320
Agree on that but not getting rid of McCall until we were in dire straits is not acceptable. He has sucked for years .

Yup. Hope they break the trend and bring in a bunch of great guys.
I know the coaches can fill those spots. Thousands of players would just love to get a free education and play football. I just don’t know what kind of options they’ll have in the second period and given the obviously desperate situation at those positions that McCall and Fitz allowed to deteriorate. We have numbers at those positions but clearly the current options aren’t good enough.

Reactions: drewjin
I was just wondering...I have been away for a while. But where did CJ Dixon sign? Back with Illini or Maryland?? I missed the thread where it was noted. Can somebody fill me in- is it only on the Rock reports? I am just curious.

Nobody, it would appear.

One potential reason for hope can be found as recently as last year. Evan Hull was a late signing period running back, and he acquitted himself quite nicely as a true freshman. Perhaps we'll be as fortunate in the WR market this winter.

Reactions: runawayCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT