ADVERTISEMENT

SUPERBACK MARSHALL LANG COMMITS TO NU

I missed your commentary (though not as much on the Rant board). If only we had 47k NU fans of your enthusiasm at Ryan Field on home Saturdays.

I hope all is well with Jango
Thank you. Jango is well. He is moving out today with the help of Eshoo. He will be home for the summer,(iFrst time since High School) so I am excited. He will return for his final two quarters and student coach. It is very hard not to be enthusiastic about a team that has been nothing but supportive of my son. I feel truly blessed to be part of the NU family. And by the way, we kick butt too Nobody could do what this staff does. This happens because these young men believe in themselves, their University, and their coaches Looking forward to another record setting season.. #GoCats

Thank you. Jango is well. He is moving out today with the help of Eshoo. He will be home for the summer,(iFrst time since High School) so I am excited. He will return for his final two quarters and student coach. It is very hard not to be enthusiastic about a team that has been nothing but supportive of my son. I feel truly blessed to be part of the NU family. And by the way, we kick butt too Nobody could do what this staff does. This happens because these young men believe in themselves, their University, and their coaches Looking forward to another record setting season.. #GoCats
CC, I have waxed oratorical about this before, but generally, I have grown sick of spectator sports, and my level of interest has dropped precipitously... except for the Cats. I am so very proud of them and the program. They are not perfect, 17-22 year olds make mistakes, I surely did when I was there. They graduate, they stay out of trouble, they play clean, they don't go around preening (much) after a good play. Fitz is the guiding Polaris of the program. Hems rise and hems fall, and throwback Fitz is unchanged. He has grown so much as a person as a coach, but his personal compass is unwavering. It would be so easy for him to look the other way about certain behaviors, but that would make us just another program. Thank you for sharing the very personal information about Jango, which seems to confirm the program's long term commitment to it's players. We are proud of him.

As a civilian, I don't really have a right to say this, but they are somehow like a service academy. Team first, act as a unit, support your fellow soldiers, care for the wounded.

I have a family of my own, and my time with them is precious. I don't golf or go out with friends because I want time with the family. My job is demanding. But 13-14 Saturdays a year I carve out 4 hours, or a weekend if I go to the game.

Go Cats

I have a family of my own, and my time with them is precious. I don't golf or go out with friends because I want time with the family. My job is demanding. But 13-14 Saturdays a year I carve out 4 hours, or a weekend if I go to the game.

Go Cats
No need to carve it out. introduce them to the fun and pageantry of college football. Some of my daughters' best memories of childhood are the fall mornings and afternoons spent with our "tailgate families" in Evanston and Ann Arbor. Let's not under-rate Big Ten Football for the multi-generational family bonding event that it is.

No need to carve it out. introduce them to the fun and pageantry of college football. Some of my daughters' best memories of childhood are the fall mornings and afternoons spent with our "tailgate families" in Evanston and Ann Arbor. Let's not under-rate Big Ten Football for the multi-generational family bonding event that it is.
Agree on this for the games we attend. Our 6 year old loves when we travel to games and is a big fan of Willie. And my wife has attended games with me since the end of "the streak"

It's just the other Saturdays that consist of 3.5 hours of me shouting at the TV. This doesn't hold their interest

CC, I have waxed oratorical about this before, but generally, I have grown sick of spectator sports, and my level of interest has dropped precipitously... except for the Cats. I am so very proud of them and the program. They are not perfect, 17-22 year olds make mistakes, I surely did when I was there. They graduate, they stay out of trouble, they play clean, they don't go around preening (much) after a good play. Fitz is the guiding Polaris of the program. Hems rise and hems fall, and throwback Fitz is unchanged. He has grown so much as a person as a coach, but his personal compass is unwavering. It would be so easy for him to look the other way about certain behaviors, but that would make us just another program. Thank you for sharing the very personal information about Jango, which seems to confirm the program's long term commitment to it's players. We are proud of him.

As a civilian, I don't really have a right to say this, but they are somehow like a service academy. Team first, act as a unit, support your fellow soldiers, care for the wounded.

Go Cats

Co-signed. Couldn’t agree more.

So let me get this straight, Stars don’t matter, but offers do matter? Want to make sure will are both gaining on that windmill at the same pace.

Offers matter a lot more because people who are responsible for their program's success have to do their jobs well for them to be competitive, including recruiting (see Bill Carmody for what happens if you suck at recruiting). If you have multiple championship caliber programs recruiting a kid, chances are he's championship caliber talent.

Stars may be indicative, but it's really based on a bunch of guys who don't have that much at stake relative to the guys who have to live with the results on the field and get fired if they don't do well. No one is firing Allen Trieu or Josh Hemholdt or Steve Wiltfong because they missed on a kid if everyone else missed, and neither do they get any reward for picking kids that no one else picks if they turn out well. The incentive schemes both in terms of risk and reward are hugely different. I'll go with the offer lists each and every time.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT