ADVERTISEMENT

The Fighting Illini

Illinois wins on a neutral court, but this one goes to Tennessee. They need a win badly. Cue Fighter, Vassar, and Jay to pounce on this if Undie pulls it out. They won’t predict before the game, but show up after to gloat.
TN by 6+. They’re very good, at home, and desperate for a win.

Illinois wins on a neutral court, but this one goes to Tennessee. They need a win badly. Cue Fighter, Vassar, and Jay to pounce on this if Undie pulls it out. They won’t predict before the game, but show up after to gloat.
I’ll correct things I think are unfair or untrue, but I’m not here to talk smack. I try to act like a guest in someone else’s house, haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Gladeskat
For our visiting Illini fans, do the UT trolls come to your boards and talk crap? It was a thing with their football fans here when we played them in a bowl game several years ago. It felt like a plague of locusts at times. A few of them were quite weird.

Reactions: drewjin
We won’t see this clown and his cohorts until the Cats lose a game.
But just imagine how annoying we will be if NW loses to the Illini without Shannon 😍

And just to state the obvious: what Shannon has been charged with is heinous. We live in a country where you’re innocent until proven guilty, but I’m glad that he’s been automatically suspended (and since a trial is likely 6+ months away, his career is essentially over).

I’m glad the AD is having a press conference tomorrow and look forward to (hopefully) seeing questions answered about why he opted to not enact a suspension starting back in September when they were made aware of the investigation. I think it’s a defensible decision (“He wasn’t charged with a crime and had been cooperating with law enforcement, and we didn’t want to get sued for lost NIL income if the investigation was ultimately closed without charges”), but I think it’s important that leaders be asked tough questions and be forced to answer them publicly and defend their decisions.

But just imagine how annoying we will be if NW loses to the Illini without Shannon 😍

And just to state the obvious: what Shannon has been charged with is heinous. We live in a country where you’re innocent until proven guilty, but I’m glad that he’s been automatically suspended (and since a trial is likely 6+ months away, his career is essentially over).

I’m glad the AD is having a press conference tomorrow and look forward to (hopefully) seeing questions answered about why he opted to not enact a suspension starting back in September when they were made aware of the investigation. I think it’s a defensible decision (“He wasn’t charged with a crime and had been cooperating with law enforcement, and we didn’t want to get sued for lost NIL income if the investigation was ultimately closed without charges”), but I think it’s important that leaders be asked tough questions and be forced to answer them publicly and defend their decisions.
I actually agree with you. Allegations are just that. I don’t think Undie should have removed him from team activities until formally charged.

As far as the Undies beating “NW” it is entirely possible. There is still a lot of talent on that team. It certainly wouldn’t be some stunning upset. The flip side of that coin is how many of you will come on here if you lose with a “yeah but” if we had TSJ.

I actually agree with you. Allegations are just that. I don’t think Undie should have removed him from team activities until formally charged.

As far as the Undies beating “NW” it is entirely possible. There is still a lot of talent on that team. It certainly wouldn’t be some stunning upset. The flip side of that coin is how many of you will come on here if you lose with a “yeah but” if we had TSJ.
There’s talent, but it’s all complementary pieces that make an extremely flawed team without a someone as talented as Shannon playing his role. Their current resume might still allow them to punch a ticket to the dance if they can manage a .500 record in conference, but that is a tall order.

Uh, not only was he formally charged, he was arrested by the Kansas police after an investigation from September and now awaits trial. As a result, the university suspended him.

Uh, not only was he formally charged, he was arrested by the Kansas police after an investigation from September and now awaits trial. As a result, the university suspended him.
That’s what formally charged means…

*For a rape charge. You don’t get to avoid being arrested and jailed when charged with a violent crime

First time I’ve seen where vassar publicly admits he’s an Illini fan and troll.

It seems like Illinois still has a lot of firepower and rebounding even without him, That said, he was a real thorn in our side. That game at IL last year where we had a big lead and in the second half he just went off.

Reactions: drewjin
It seems like Illinois still has a lot of firepower and rebounding even without him, That said, he was a real thorn in our side. That game at IL last year where we had a big lead and in the second half he just went off.
Yup. We win that game if Shannon doesn’t do his thing.

B1G circular firing squad continues.

Slow down Domask, and Illinois is quite beatable.
Maryland's quick point guard Jahmir Young went 0 for 4 from outside the arc, but made 11 of 20 inside the arc.
8 assists to 2 turnovers.
The Terps were only 4 of 17 from distance.
Maryland, with no true center, matched Illinois' positional size and made 26 of 48 inside the arc.
Illinois made only 15 of 42.

Young's ability to beat his defender is contrasted with Buie's 20 point, 0 assist, 4 turnover game against the Illini. On the right afternoon Jahmir Young is really good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT