ADVERTISEMENT

Two garbage fouls called against Wisconsin in OT

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Raftery got Steratore to say that Edey should’ve been called for an off-ball charge on the first. On the second, the three announcers did the savaging without Steratore.

Edey made all four free throws.

Badgers still in it.

Reactions: ricko654321
BIG totally trying to gift Purdue a win. It will catch up to them again in the real tournament when out of conference refs don’t give Edey every single thing.

Great game. Atmosphere in Target Center was great. Good to see we’re not the only ones who get screwed by the refs against Purdue.

Don’t pick Purdue to get through the first weekend…
Don’t pick the Badgers either. They will exploit your weaknesses as demonstrated by Crowl’s outsized influence in the game against us. They are mature and smart. But put them against McNeese and they are very susceptible to be Cinderelled. Just made up a word

Last edited:
Total head-scratcher about Smith and the Cousy Award (and my bad if this has been addressed elsewhere):

He was not on the original list of 10 finalists. Hue and cry from Boilers, including Painter. And voila, he's suddenly added, AND THEN included in the list of 5 finalists...a list that does not include Boo. WTF?

Smith: 13.1 points, 7.1 assists, 5.9 rebounds, and 1.7 steals
Boo: 19.2, 3.4, 5.1, 1.3

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Smith: 13.1 points, 7.1 assists, 5.9 rebounds, and 1.7 steals
Boo: 19.2, 3.4, 5.1, 1.3
No argument from me, but 7.1 assists is an elite number. And before you say, "I could average seven assists if I just had to throw it in to Edey," know that Edey surprisingly doesn't take as many shots as you think. That's likely because he's fouled and scores his points from the line instead, but Smith gets no credit for any assists in that case. Somebody somewhere can probably calculate how many points his passes are worth by factoring in free throws and three pointers, but it's not worth it to me.

If you just go strictly as TOTAL POINTS RESPONSIBLE FOR as Points + 2xAssists, Boo averages 26.0 a game and Smith 27.3, so they're close.

Still, I'd take Boo a hundred times out of a hundred.

Reactions: drewjin
No argument from me, but 7.1 assists is an elite number. And before you say, "I could average seven assists if I just had to throw it in to Edey," know that Edey surprisingly doesn't take as many shots as you think. That's likely because he's fouled and scores his points from the line instead, but Smith gets no credit for any assists in that case. Somebody somewhere can probably calculate how many points his passes are worth by factoring in free throws and three pointers, but it's not worth it to me.

If you just go strictly as TOTAL POINTS RESPONSIBLE FOR as Points + 2xAssists, Boo averages 26.0 a game and Smith 27.3, so they're close.

7 assists because of Edey

Reactions: No Chores

The assist stat is so arbitrary. He was 7.5 apg at home, and 6.7 on the road. It’s actually smaller than I expected.

But nobody can honestly watch Smith and Boo and think that they’re even comparable players. That Cousy thing really is trash.

Reactions: No Chores

3.4 cannot possibly be his assists per game. I think that’s the rebounds number and 5.1 assists. Which by your calculation leaves Boo at 29.4 points accounted for.

Braden Smith is a good player, not an elite PG.

My all B1G team would be C Edey, F Dawson Garcia, G Boo Buie, Jahmir Young, Marcus Domask.

Braden Smith and Terrence Shannon are overrated IMO.

3.4 cannot possibly be his assists per game. I think that’s the rebounds number and 5.1 assists. Which by your calculation leaves Boo at 29.4 points accounted for.
You're absolutely right. Rookie mistake by me - should've set off alarm bells. Thanks for the correction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT