ADVERTISEMENT

Upon further review: Chappy breaks down the game

WildcatReport's Tim Chapman, a former high school football head coach, breaks down the Wildcats' win over Purdue.

Upon further review: Northwestern 31 Purdue 27
Nice report.

I'd add one more question: what happened to Joe Gaz? Apart from the one play where he affected a throw, he had nothing on the stat sheet: no tackles, hurries, or sacks. I realize stats are for losers but he had a very quiet game.

Nice report.

I'd add one more question: what happened to Joe Gaz? Apart from the one play where he affected a throw, he had nothing on the stat sheet: no tackles, hurries, or sacks. I realize stats are for losers but he had a very quiet game.

Watch the tape again and focus on him. Let me know if you still think he had a bad game...

Nice report.

No he did not.

Nice report.

Ask Blough how quiet Gaz was. Those hits should be a hurries. He also forced a holding call in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
Nice report.

Given his sack reputation, I'd guess Purdue focused on him. The rest of the line seemed to be getting pressure IMO.

Chappy, one nit. In your first point in talking about the wide receivers, you said all the incompletions were either calculated throws by the quarterbacks or great defensive plays. In the next section about Larkin, you talk about the overthrow on the wheel route. I think, unless a Thorson is bad at calculating, those are mutually exclusive observations. Changing “calculated throws” to “throwaways or QB misfires” might be more accurate.

Reactions: ChappyCat
Chappy, one nit. In your first point in talking about the wide receivers, you said all the incompletions were either calculated throws by the quarterbacks or great defensive plays. In the next section about Larkin, you talk about the overthrow on the wheel route. I think, unless a Thorson is bad at calculating, those are mutually exclusive observations. Changing “calculated throws” to “throwaways or QB misfires” might be more accurate.

Thanks eastbay. It should have said most were calculated. But duly noted!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT