ADVERTISEMENT

We can beat Ohio State with a heathy Porter!

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
We turned the corner today! Wildcat formation was cool to see. Just don't let Justin Firlds throw it deep,over the top!

I hope Porter was only out later in the game just to give hm a break, and not for something wrong with his shoulder.

Reactions: Titanium999
I think his work was done for the day. We found a man who can consistently run between the tackles-or just outside. This was huge.

A lot needs to be said about Porter's arrival. He raises the level of play at RB. He looks nearly as fast as Anderson, tough as a healthy Bowser and seems to have that half step to get away from the first tackler. I'm sure he must have caught a pass or two, but I can only recall the screen he somehow missed about the Ill 10, so I'll just hope he also has good hands.

It's clear that Porter should start. I feel sorry for Anderson as he fumbled away his credibility - on the first play!!! - after earning the start. Bowser does not resemble the player he once was when he won the start. There is a problem with the coaches' talent evaluation skills in deciding to bury Porter beneath these two players - and even Hull! - FOR NEARLY THE ENTIRE SEASON.

One position where NU can not afford to be average is RB and with the arrival of Porter they no longer are.

A lot needs to be said about Porter's arrival. He raises the level of play at RB. He looks nearly as fast as Anderson, tough as a healthy Bowser and seems to have that half step to get away from the first tackler. I'm sure he must have caught a pass or two, but I can only recall the screen he somehow missed about the Ill 10, so I'll just hope he also has good hands.

It's clear that Porter should start. I feel sorry for Anderson as he fumbled away his credibility - on the first play!!! - after earning the start. Bowser does not resemble the player he once was when he won the start. There is a problem with the coaches' talent evaluation skills in deciding to bury Porter beneath these two players - and even Hull! - FOR NEARLY THE ENTIRE SEASON.

One position where NU can not afford to be average is RB and with the arrival of Porter they no longer are.

“There is a problem with the coaches' talent evaluation skills in deciding to bury Porter beneath these two players - and even Hull! - FOR NEARLY THE ENTIRE SEASON.”

This is the dumbest thing I’ve read in a while. Talk about a misinformed post. Sheesh.

careful about crowning anyone when playing against a depleted defense of Illannoys.

“There is a problem with the coaches' talent evaluation skills in deciding to bury Porter beneath these two players - and even Hull! - FOR NEARLY THE ENTIRE SEASON.”

This is the dumbest thing I’ve read in a while. Talk about a misinformed post. Sheesh.

Well, please elaborate.

Neither Bowser nor Anderson has done much all season.

I'm dyin' to hear the rest of this.

I think his work was done for the day. We found a man who can consistently run between the tackles-or just outside. This was huge.
I just hope it's not a mirage due to Illinois missing many defensive players.

There is a lot more to being a RB than just toting the rock. He has to be able to the blocking and outlet assignments for the passing game. I think a lot of these are an audible based on situations. If you notice it was a terrible game to be passing so if his abilities to pass protect are still weak it wasn't going to matter much.

Maybe he would have felt better if Porter and Hull sucked yesterday? Probably would have pivoted to Ayeni can’t develop any of the recruits and they are worse than they were last year. You know glass half empty.

We turned the corner today! Wildcat formation was cool to see. Just don't let Justin Firlds throw it deep,over the top!
Easier said than done. Fields and his 2 main receivers - Olave and Wilson - are just flat out scary. One of the Buckeye boards - maybe the O-Zone ? - had a discussion about comparing Olave and Wilson to some of the great Buckeye WR duos in the past and they were at the top. But they have a few receivers that can blow by the defense and get deep. I think you've identified the main challenge for the Wildcat defense on Saturday,

Easier said than done. Fields and his 2 main receivers - Olave and Wilson - are just flat out scary. One of the Buckeye boards - maybe the O-Zone ? - had a discussion about comparing Olave and Wilson to some of the great Buckeye WR duos in the past and they were at the top. But they have a few receivers that can blow by the defense and get deep. I think you've identified the main challenge for the Wildcat defense on Saturday,

I think this game will help decide whether Newsome decides to leave early for the Pro's. Time for the Sky Team to step up and see if they truly are one of the best secondaries in the country.

Our defensive secondary is porous as hell. I’m sure you’ll throw deep and often and make our DBs look like Keystone Cops. So, yeah, you could beat us.

I like our chances, though.

Our defensive secondary is porous as hell. I’m sure you’ll throw deep and often and make our DBs look like Keystone Cops. So, yeah, you could beat us.

I like our chances, though.

Unfortunately, we don't have anyone who can go deep, and the guy who can throw deep is buried on the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT