ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Injury Report

Whillock was a back-up on the 2-deep......

Sky Team down 2 guys already.

Let's get that group healthy, but if we need to get hit with injuries hard in one area, defensive secondary might be my first choice due to the depth there.

Want those guys back though. Watkins especially really does not deserve another serious injury right before the season starts. Really rooting for him this year.

Let's get that group healthy, but if we need to get hit with injuries hard in one area, defensive secondary might be my first choice due to the depth there.

Want those guys back though. Watkins especially really does not deserve another serious injury right before the season starts. Really rooting for him this year.

We can only hope for the best as far as Watkins goes. I am confident that Hartage and McShep can hold down the two corner spots for the entirety of the noncon schedule if need be.

That said, all of a sudden a position of strength is very weak. No Watkins. No Willock. No Williams. No Westphal or Mayo or Campbell (do we know these three are injured or not?)

Heal up fast, fellas. Keith most of all.

Reactions: DopeTonic

Are we actually deep at CB? At least two guys already out. Who's next? Any experience?

We can only hope for the best as far as Watkins goes. I am confident that Hartage and McShep can hold down the two corner spots for the entirety of the noncon schedule if need be.

That said, all of a sudden a position of strength is very weak. No Watkins. No Willock. No Williams. No Westphal or Mayo or Campbell (do we know these three are injured or not?)

That's what I thought. Already six men down in the secondary. Before the first snap. And that position never survives the season.

I'm assuming Bullock beat out both Campbell and Mayo based on the latest depth chart and injury report.

Good news is that Campbell, Westphal, and Mayo are healthy. Lots of depth back there.

What is your source for this? Inside NU reports that all three are "questionable."

I find it hard to believe that Bullock beat out Campbell and Mayo, both of whom played extensively last year.

What is your source for this? Inside NU reports that all three are "questionable."

I find it hard to believe that Bullock beat out Campbell and Mayo, both of whom played extensively last year.

Same website says that Trae is much closer to returning than we thought, though.

RoCamp was pressed into service due to injury. Otherwise he would have redshrted.

Yes it is, but Campbell played mostly Special teams and Mayo didn't even play in half the games. That's not extensive.

Ok, ok, I concede. Perhaps I missed the report from camp that Bullock was looking good. I apparently wrongly assumed that his presence on the two deep meant Campbell/Mayo were dinged up.

Happy to be wrong. That's still decent depth.

I thought Whillock was way overlooked in HS, and by all indications he really came on this year after his RS. I hope his injury is minor. With McGee, Queiro and Godwin all graduating, we will have a revamped safety corps next season. I want to see Whillock get meaningful reps this year.

EDIT: McGee is a junior. Seems like he has been around forever. Former Glades 2* special has played quite a bit at NU.

Last edited:

You could be right...I was assuming if they were questionable they would have been listed that way on the injury report. I should have know better. Let's hope everyone gets healthy soon as we're going to need everyone for the B1G season.

You could be right...I was assuming if they were questionable they would have been listed that way on the injury report. I should have know better. Let's hope everyone gets healthy soon as we're going to need everyone for the B1G season.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that NU doesn't use "Questionable" or "Probable" in its injury report.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT