ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever happened to Gladeskat and the Turk?

Glades was a frequent contributor on the old Rock but how much can you post on NU football now. We had frequent good-natured disagreements and despite his presentation of facts, I know my memory was more reliable

Turk was a great NU fan that took a lot of unnecessary insults on the Rock. He loved NU but his participation may have faded following his move to Florida

Both had lots to contribute to the board, but the elimination of the Rock decreased their posts dramatically. Now that FA is gone, I am not sure if we will see Glades at many games as he enjoyed the fresh air in Jerry's car

Glades just posted yesterday or the day before. I think Turk just got bored, not sure.
Only on paid side I think. Glades used to hit the public boards a lot. Coral also in hiding. Most of the koolaid people are tucking tail or blaming fans these days cuz…well…what else is there to do…

Reactions: drewjin
Glades was a frequent contributor on the old Rock but how much can you post on NU football now. We had frequent good-natured disagreements and despite his presentation of facts, I know my memory was more reliable

Turk was a great NU fan that took a lot of unnecessary insults on the Rock. He loved NU but his participation may have faded following his move to Florida

Both had lots to contribute to the board, but the elimination of the Rock decreased their posts dramatically. Now that FA is gone, I am not sure if we will see Glades at many games as he enjoyed the fresh air in Jerry's car
You mean the rant.

Glades just posted yesterday or the day before. I think Turk just got bored, not sure.
While we're at it, whatever happened to Midvale Dave (and his accompany cartoon)? A small band of us was at the Miami (Ohio) game in 2006 -- Fitz's first -- and Dave was the life of the party. I also remember that he posted some sensitive stuff about his sister that impressed me for his sharing. Has he resurfaced under a new name? Or just vanished from cyber sight?

It really is amazing how long many of us have been around this watering hole and the old one. I engaged in 1996. I know I'm no luminary and not even a frequent poster, nor have I met hardly any of you (I did meet Turk at a booster event like 10 years ago), but I feel like I've at least been aware of many of you for decades. It's weird that from a 30-year perspective we're kind of dying off. Or it's completely natural, I guess.

While we're at it, whatever happened to Midvale Dave (and his accompany cartoon)? A small band of us was at the Miami (Ohio) game in 2006 -- Fitz's first -- and Dave was the life of the party. I also remember that he posted some sensitive stuff about his sister that impressed me for his sharing. Has he resurfaced under a new name? Or just vanished from cyber sight?
I think MidvaleDave still lurks occasionally but hasn't posted since 2020. I was one of those at the Miami game as well, though I was a 5th-year student at the time.

Your reliable memory now has the Rant Board as the Rock?

• Haha
Reactions: Gladeskat

Turk is on Facebook

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT