ADVERTISEMENT

where do you want to sit in the Rosemont?

charcat

Apr 11, 2006
Maybe someone can provide some guidance on the Rosemont arena. I have enough priority points that I would expect I will be in one of the 4 sections on each side of the court, but how far up do you want to be?

Some arenas the first couple of rows are too low and bad sight lines. At what point going back are you better off being in the first couple of rows on the balcony? Or is the balcony too far back to want to be there? Your thoughts appreciated

I was many years DePaul STH at the arena back in the 80s and the first couple rows of upper deck between the baselines are the best in my opinion.

I was many years DePaul STH at the arena back in the 80s and the first couple rows of upper deck between the baselines are the best in my opinion.
I also remember sitting in 2nd or 3rd row in the upper deck, during NU's NIT appearance there and the view was very good. The seats down low in in the lower bowl are not very good, especially as you move away from center court. Hope they put the band and students right behind the visitors bench and not behind the baskets.

I also remember sitting in 2nd or 3rd row in the upper deck, during NU's NIT appearance there and the view was very good. The seats down low in in the lower bowl are not very good, especially as you move away from center court. Hope they put the band and students right behind the visitors bench and not behind the baskets.
Students will be behind the East Basket. The seating behind the west basket will be for general admission or season ticket holders who opt there I guess. Most of the upper deck will be for single game tickets as most of those sections are not available for season tickets. In a twisted way, I think playin in All State Arena will help build the fan base and I don't think it will be representative of the fan base for 2018/19. Collins is building this program and the admin is building a great arena. This year, many from the NW Burbs, SW burbs, etc will be able to watch the Cats from a more convenient spot, from their location. Given the potential excitement, they may get hooked and join the bandwagon. All good things. Can't complain about wherever this team plays.

Students will be behind the East Basket. The seating behind the west basket will be for general admission or season ticket holders who opt there I guess. Most of the upper deck will be for single game tickets as most of those sections are not available for season tickets. In a twisted way, I think playin in All State Arena will help build the fan base and I don't think it will be representative of the fan base for 2018/19. Collins is building this program and the admin is building a great arena. This year, many from the NW Burbs, SW burbs, etc will be able to watch the Cats from a more convenient spot, from their location. Given the potential excitement, they may get hooked and join the bandwagon. All good things. Can't complain about wherever this team plays.

Your comment about expanding the fan base is rather insightful and I suspect you're right. Our cloistered, hard to get to, clubby little thing hasn't worked so well. This may help. I don't think it'll hurt. I'm sure the BTN guys are loving it. Maybe we get more love because they'll be at more games? Just thought about that.

Your comment about expanding the fan base is rather insightful and I suspect you're right. Our cloistered, hard to get to, clubby little thing hasn't worked so well. This may help. I don't think it'll hurt. I'm sure the BTN guys are loving it. Maybe we get more love because they'll be at more games? Just thought about that.
Hey, I could be wrong, but I don't equate playing in Rosemont with more frequent BTN appearances . . . am I missing something?

Hey, I could be wrong, but I don't equate playing in Rosemont with more frequent BTN appearances . . . am I missing something?
Think he might have been referencing that their offices were just across the road. Also doubt that playing in a 15,000(?) seat arena would hurt playing against good opponents. They would likely rather play there then in a 7,000(?) seat gym, so all of their fans could be accommodated.

Last edited:
I haven't looked at the seating chart in detail, so generically I'd like something with decent sight lines of the full court in the first section middle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT