ADVERTISEMENT

Why aren't we talking about the D?

Medill90

Jan 30, 2011
That was much, much better than average. Far better than last year.

A lesser opponent does not mask the fact that the Cats never relaxed, never got back on their heals.

Intense man the entire time.

Law was the star on D but Pardon wasn't far behind. And Miller Kopp is playing D like a fourth year senior who has to win one more game to get into the post season.

The only disappointment was that when NU got the ball there wasn't enough of a push up the floor like the previous game...some of the time but not all of the time.

Reactions: NJCat
Law looked like an NBA player last night. Pardon was excellent and need the ball fed to him more in the paint.

Reactions: wocka
Law looked like an NBA player last night. Pardon was excellent and need the ball fed to him more in the paint.

Collins emphasized this in the postgame. They had no answer for Pardon yet we weren't pressing the issue.

You are right. The defense has been awesome these two games. I think there is still a little hesitancy to celebrate it until we see if it translates to better quality opponents, but no question that is a different defensive team than last year... or ever at NU maybe.

You are right. The defense has been awesome these two games. I think there is still a little hesitancy to celebrate it until we see if it translates to better quality opponents, but no question that is a different defensive team than last year... or ever at NU maybe.
In most of our lineups, we have 4 players that can switch on almost anyone with their length and athleticism. Combine that with good energy and focus and you should have a good defense.

That was much, much better than average. Far better than last year.

A lesser opponent does not mask the fact that the Cats never relaxed, never got back on their heals.

Intense man the entire time.

Law was the star on D but Pardon wasn't far behind. And Miller Kopp is playing D like a fourth year senior who has to win one more game to get into the post season.

The only disappointment was that when NU got the ball there wasn't enough of a push up the floor like the previous game...some of the time but not all of the time.
Great defense! Just like Wisconsin basketball used to be!

Collins emphasized this in the postgame. They had no answer for Pardon yet we weren't pressing the issue.

Probably didn’t see the need last night. That is likely the easy play that will always be there. I think we got more value trying to run the offense at game speed against someone other than ourselves.

Probably didn’t see the need last night. That is likely the easy play that will always be there. I think we got more value trying to run the offense at game speed against someone other than ourselves.
I don't agree with that. That game was in doubt until about 10 minutes remaining. They needed to get it into Pardon more and I am glad that CCC pointed out that was a flaw that will get fixed.

Though the game was ultimately one-sided, it is a good thing that NU had to play most of the game under serious pressure cause that's the way you improve.

Reactions: NUThump
I don't agree with that. That game was in doubt until about 10 minutes remaining. They needed to get it into Pardon more and I am glad that CCC pointed out that was a flaw that will get fixed.

We ending up winning by 30, though. If it was close in the last 5 minutes I have no doubt DP would have been used heavily.

At that point, they stopped playing with the lineup and just put in the more experienced first team. Law Pardon Turner, Taylor and Gaines and then outscored them by about 30.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT