ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcat Parents

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
I met a bunch of them last night. All struck me as down to earth, Midwestern types, devoted Wildcat supporters, and knowledgeable fans. It was a privilege to meet them all.

I met Mark Gooden’s family walking in. Super friendly people. Mark has a tough season with an ankle injury but is healthy now.

Then I met Flynn Nagel’s father, who was very gracious. He raised a Wildcat army.

Then Ben Oxley’s dad, whom I embarasssinlgly thought was a Miller (#94, not 91!). He is maybe 6’ 180. When I asked how Ben got so big, he just laughed and shrugged.

Cam Green had a big contingent in for the game. I congratulated them on Cam’s productive day at the office.

Paddy’s brother (I think, maybe a cousin) was well oiled, and our best cheerleader. Really funny guy.

Trent Green and I joked about being slow white guys from St. Louis. Great to see TJ get a few reps.

I took in much of the game with Mr. Jango. He had Wildcat camo and purple shoes on. This guy knows how to dress.

Later on I connected with Dave Revsine and a bunch of other fraternity alums. It’s humbling to be around these guys.

My first bowl game has given me a lifetime of Wildcat memories. I am truly blessed by my time with NU.

Maybe this Montana alum should have made the effort to get there. Precious few cheap air flights out of the state I love, so we'd likely have had to drive to Salt Lake City to catch Southwest down to San Diego. I didn't attend the Jan. 1, 1996, Rose Bowl game, so this time I got my wife and son to agree we'd go to LA if the Cats had won the Big 10 championship.

I'm confident we'll return to Pasadena while this"middle aged" (Class of '74) alum is still reasonably hale and hearty. So, see you all at the Granddaddy game!

I met a bunch of them last night. All struck me as down to earth, Midwestern types, devoted Wildcat supporters, and knowledgeable fans. It was a privilege to meet them all.

I met Mark Gooden’s family walking in. Super friendly people. Mark has a tough season with an ankle injury but is healthy now.

Then I met Flynn Nagel’s father, who was very gracious. He raised a Wildcat army.

Then Ben Oxley’s dad, whom I embarasssinlgly thought was a Miller (#94, not 91!). He is maybe 6’ 180. When I asked how Ben got so big, he just laughed and shrugged.

Cam Green had a big contingent in for the game. I congratulated them on Cam’s productive day at the office.

Paddy’s brother (I think, maybe a cousin) was well oiled, and our best cheerleader. Really funny guy.

Trent Green and I joked about being slow white guys from St. Louis. Great to see TJ get a few reps.

I took in much of the game with Mr. Jango. He had Wildcat camo and purple shoes on. This guy knows how to dress.

Later on I connected with Dave Revsine and a bunch of other fraternity alums. It’s humbling to be around these guys.

My first bowl game has given me a lifetime of Wildcat memories. I am truly blessed by my time with NU.
Great stories, thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT