ADVERTISEMENT

With a solid OC this team is

freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
very comparable to last year’s in terms of talent. But without a good OC we just lost confidence and our thin margin of error was exposed.

There is no reason to retain McCall or Springer. Zero. Case closed.

Will you be as cocky with your posts when you realize that Fitz has no intention of replacing McCall? Not sure when it will dawn on you that MCCall isn’t going anywhere. Next week? Next month? Next August?
If McCall isn’t demoted at the very least, most of our fans will go elsewhere next season. The Atkinson situation certainly didn’t help matters on top of his mid-2000s MAC offense.

And if Fitz is too proud to admit it, then perhaps his time has come as well. We have another solo conference victory-type season looming.

If McCall isn’t demoted at the very least, most of our fans will go elsewhere next season. The Atkinson situation certainly didn’t help matters on top of his mid-2000s MAC offense.

And if Fitz is too proud to admit it, then perhaps his time has come as well. We have another solo conference victory-type season looming.

This. I will not be renewing or donating anymore if changes aren’t made. It’s too much of a financial and time commitment for something that’s clearly broken. I guess I’d then be in the same boat as Corbi. Sitting at home living on a message board.

Reactions: nugnrfan82
Will you be as cocky with your posts when you realize that Fitz has no intention of replacing McCall? Not sure when it will dawn on you that MCCall isn’t going anywhere. Next week? Next month? Next August?

We’ll see. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong, and I’ll still cheer like crazy for the Cats next year. And get excited about every 2021 recruit.

But I will not fly across the country for the team anymore when Fitz is not committed to doing what’s necessary to create an environment for a more consistent and explosive offense. I just refuse to get duped time and again.

It’s time for a fresh start.

It’s just so funny when Corbi tells someone else they’re cocky with their posts.

have you talked to most fans? Where will they go? 37 wins, 3 bowl wins, 3 top 25 ranked finishes, a big ten west title in 4 years and most fans will bail after 1 bad season.

Do you promise not to come back when we have a good season?

Reactions: corbi296
There is no reason to retain MCCall. Say that he is retiring. After this season there is no reason for him to be retained. Less than zero. Buy him a fishing rod and a tackle box and tell him to enjoy some fishing. If he is retained then Phillips should fire him. Him and Springer should be a package deal.

have you talked to most fans? Where will they go? 37 wins, 3 bowl wins, 3 top 25 ranked finishes, a big ten west title in 4 years and most fans will bail after 1 bad season.

Do you promise not to come back when we have a good season?
I don’t need to poll the fans when I see all the empty seats. I unofficially polled quite a few players from our last 3-9 season and their thinking is in line with my own. When it comes to NU, I will always bleed purple no matter what. If you want folks like me to cheer for other teams then you are simply out of your depth.

If no changes are made then I’ll spend more time making money so that I can support my family and the Cats when they put it all together. I’m tired of watching our players get injured due to an awful offensive scheme. I have better ways to spend a few hours each weekend instead of suffering for the sake of it.

Reactions: freewillie07

The Atlkinson situation is the only reason why Fitz may even consider doing anything. Even so, I highly doubt Fitz makes any moves and it would be a very smart on his part to stand pat.

As far as your claim that fans will abandon the program, I highly doubt that claim as well but so be it if it does happen. Some fans are bandwagon jumpers and they find it just as easy to jump off as they do to jump on. My guess is that you and the rest of the malcontents will be here next fall complaining about McCall or whomever draws your ire next. We are talking about NU fans after all. Wouldn’t have it any other way!

This. I will not be renewing or donating anymore if changes aren’t made. It’s too much of a financial and time commitment for something that’s clearly broken. I guess I’d then be in the same boat as Corbi. Sitting at home living on a message board.

That’s a good one. You’re on your cynical game tonight!

There is no down side to replacing McCall. We already have one of the worst offenses in FBS. We really can't get any worse. But we can get better. Much better.

The Atlkinson situation is the only reason why Fitz may even consider doing anything. Even so, I highly doubt Fitz makes any moves and it would be a very smart on his part to stand pat.

As far as your claim that fans will abandon the program, I highly doubt that claim as well but so be it if it does happen. Some fans are bandwagon jumpers and they find it just as easy to jump off as they do to jump on. My guess is that you and the rest of the malcontents will be here next fall complaining about McCall or whomever draws your ire next. We are talking about NU fans after all. Wouldn’t have it any other way!
Why would it be a smart move to retain the coaching mind behind the worst offense in all of college football?

Why do you think the fans will not abandon the program when our attendance has gotten worse despite all this newfound success?

Please explain sir.

In NU’s eyes, I imagine there’s a big difference between us talking about the team on this board and actually shelling out $$$ to buy season tickets, away game tailgate packages, etc.

The Atkinson debacle makes this a perfect time to cut McCall loose. But again, we’ll see what happens.

In NU’s eyes, I imagine there’s a big difference between us talking about the team on this board and actually shelling out $$$ to buy season tickets, away game tailgate packages, etc.

The Atkinson debacle makes this a perfect time to cut McCall loose. But again, we’ll see what happens.
Performance issues make this the perfect time to cut him loose. Our offense is predictable, stale, and fails to maximize the talent that we have. Simply put it sucks.

The Atkinson situation is just awful and another reason to find fresh minds for our staff. We need a new OC as soon as we find a quality one.

Performance issues make this the perfect time to cut him loose. Our offense is predictable, stale, and fails to maximize the talent that we have. Simply put it sucks.

The awful Atkinson situation is just the icing on the cake. We need a new OC as soon as we find a quality one.

Of course. Agree 100%.

I meant that Atkinson is not coming to NU, and thus the defense that “we can’t fire McCall, otherwise we’ll lose our future QB!” is entirely invalid.

Call #1: Matt Canada

Why would it be a smart move to retain the coaching mind behind the worst offense in all of college football?

Why do you think the fans will not abandon the program when our attendance has gotten worse despite all this newfound success?

Why do you know more than players who have played in the NFL?

I mean we’ve rehashed this over and over but I guess we can do it again. I think it wouldn’t be a good idea because I don’t think MCCall is the problem. Change just for changes sake often makes things worse, not better. Once again though, it doesn’t matter what you or I think. The only thing that matters is what Fitz thinks and I think his opinion is more aligned with mine than with yours. We’ll find out soon enough.

As far as attendance is concerned, it’s gotten worse because we’ve had a bad season. Fans tend to not show up as much when a team loses. Once we start winning again, attendance will jump back up whether McCall is here or not. It’s common sense.

The only argument for keeping McCall is fear of change. (This, it should be noted, is a bad argument.)

People who lead the worst thing of its kind in the country do not deserve to keep leading that thing. To allow that would be to admit that you don’t expect greatness, or even goodness, or even competence.

I have no faith that Fitz will make the obvious move.

Reactions: CatManTrue
I mean we’ve rehashed this over and over but I guess we can do it again. I think it wouldn’t be a good idea because I don’t think MCCall is the problem. Change just for changes sake often makes things worse, not better. Once again though, it doesn’t matter what you or I think. The only thing that matters is what Fitz thinks and I think his opinion is more aligned with mine than with yours. We’ll find out soon enough.

As far as attendance is concerned, it’s gotten worse because we’ve had a bad season. Fans tend to not show up as much when a team loses. Once we start winning again, attendance will jump back up whether McCall is here or not. It’s common sense.
83, 101, 114, 87, 56, 100, 128. Who’s fault is it?

Reactions: Katatonic
83, 101, 114, 87, 56, 100, 128. Who’s fault is it?

36 wins, 3 Bowl wins and a Big Ten West championship. You don’t achieve those results over a four year stretch unless you are a complete team that plays complementary football by design.

I concur that we’ll find out soon enough.

I recall the Cushing situation when he was quietly encouraged to find other opportunities and did. I hope McCall and Springer have been encouraged to do the same.

If this staff is fully retained, I won’t be the only purple-blooded fan sitting out next year. I’ll sadly leave it at that.

I concur that we’ll find out soon enough.

I recall the Cushing situation when he was quietly encouraged to find other opportunities and did. I hope McCall and Springer have been encouraged to do the same.

If this staff is fully retained, I won’t be the only purple-blooded fan sitting out next year. I’ll sadly leave it at that.

Ok.

hey hey, ho ho. Coach McCall has got to go.

giphy.gif

You should show up at Fitz’s House and start chanting that. Maybe he’ll listen to you.
If you had ever had a real conversation with him, you would quickly realize that he is his own man.

And you would know it was not easy for him to fire Colby and make other tough decisions. But he did. I’ll leave it at that.

If you had ever had a real conversation with him, you would quickly realize that he is his own man.

And you would know it was not easy for him to fire Colby and make other tough decisions. But he did. I’ll leave it at that.

Yes, he is his own man and he let those coaches go because he knew they were bad coaches. He won’t let go of a coach because some fans think he stinks.

Yes, he is his own man and he let those coaches go because he knew they were bad coaches. He won’t let go of a coach because some fans think he stinks.
What fans or former players or coaches think doesn’t matter.

The results & numbers prove he stinks. We’ll see what happens.

Oh yes it can. Just take a look at how Illinois plays to see a good example.

Look at the whole body of work for this season. Illinois had a much better offense than we did, as did just about EVERY other FBS team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT