ADVERTISEMENT

WLAX avenges Florida loss

Artie M.

Nov 12, 2001
8-3 victory over the Gators in the ALC championship in Baltimore. How do you go from allowing Florida 22 goals to holding them to 3 in the rematch? Amazing.

Cats 10 / Gators 3 in draw controls -- That is how you prevent them from scoring.

Way to go ladies!!!

Go Cats!!!

KAH is such an amazing coach. To be able to get the team mentally ready for that game to the point where they turned the tables so much is masterful. Great job Wildcats. Look forward to the NCAA tournament!

Complete game

Sounds like it was a complete game with NU turning the ball over just once in the second half, winning the groundballs 13-10, and great defensive effort.

Next game is Sunday at 2 PM. Looking forward to being there.

Listen to Wildcat229. He knows a myriad of LAX rules us mere mortals can only hope to understand.

Although this poster was able to wrangle an HDMI cable in a hotel to watch the UF game at 9 pacific.

If you have to ask, Wildcat229 will set you straight!

Re: Complete game

Damn... I'm coaching to lacrosse games on Saturday, so won't be able to watch this. I coach a girls 3/4 team and a boys 4/5 team. I would love to take the team to a game again, but don't think I'll be able to. Is the quarterfinal in Evanston? I think the semis and the national championship games are at Villanova.

If you are coaching Saturday, why can't you come on Sunday?

I meant Sunday. Saturday is a full day of swim meets at the UIC Natatorium... 4 kids, man. It never ends.

that's too bad. Was hoping to meet you at the game. I am in the group with Ubercat and had to leave early on the day you stopped by.

LGIP, you'll just have to join us the following weekend, then. The quarterfinal game will be either Saturday or Sunday, not sure which.

(Wildcat229 has graciously acknowledged that he is in my group. Most rational people in our tailgate would hesitate to admit such a connection.)

I would GENUINELY love to do that. Unfortunately, I'm running a Tough Mudder on that Saturday and another full slate of lacrosse games that next Sunday.

I absolutely LOVE coaching lacrosse (coaching a girls AND a boys team now)... but the big downside is that my games overlap with the Cats. I bought season tickets this year and only made it to two games.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to meeting you at some point. After all that's kinda the fun part of being a fan. I had the pleasure to meet uber briefly along with slides2 and lbbear. Excited to meet all of you. I have a feeling that with 4 kids in sports, the outlook isn't the best for my gameday attendance going forward. But will try my best!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT