ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder if we can sneak into the rankings...

wildcatcoaster

Oct 27, 2003
Might be fun before we play ND..... so that folks can say "Night, national game, two ranked teams".

Just extraordinary that we mess the bed non conference and then right the ship it seems like almost every year.

This game was seen across the country (I'm assuming, but it was on our local Fox affiliate here in California) so I think a lot more voting eyes saw at least a little of a convincing win for NU against (what has been for the last 20 years or so) a traditional power. The three losses hurt, especially with Akron in there, but the other two are against a possible national playoff team in Mich, and Duke, which looks to be going bowling.

I'm thinking we might just end up as #25, likely in the AP. A lot will depend on how the other games go today, of course.

This game was seen across the country (I'm assuming, but it was on our local Fox affiliate here in California) so I think a lot more voting eyes saw at least a little of a convincing win for NU against (what has been for the last 20 years or so) a traditional power. The three losses hurt, especially with Akron in there, but the other two are against a possible national playoff team in Mich, and Duke, which looks to be going bowling.

I'm thinking we might just end up as #25, likely in the AP. A lot will depend on how the other games go today, of course.
With 3 losses I'll be surprised if we get many votes

Probably not, but it doesn't matter. We've been ranked with no chance of winning anything before. I like this way better.

They received no votes last week and had a comfortable but not dominated win of the #20 team. If Purdue couldn't get into the top 25 after last week, NU isn't going to THIS week.

Now, beat ND next Saturday, and then we'll talk.

This game was seen across the country (I'm assuming, but it was on our local Fox affiliate here in California) so I think a lot more voting eyes saw at least a little of a convincing win for NU against (what has been for the last 20 years or so) a traditional power.

Today’s game was not shown anywhere on cable where I live (N.C.). I had to use the Fox Sports app on Roku to watch it. I suspect we will enter November leading the West division but unranked. Crazy.

Reactions: ricko654321
Probably not, but it doesn't matter. We've been ranked with no chance of winning anything before. I like this way better.
We also seem to perform worse when we’re just barely ranked. I’d rather stay under the radar, and jump into the top 20 after we stone Notre Dame.

Reactions: DaCat
#31 by votes in the Coaches. Sounds about right based on the body of work.

interesting that Iowa didn't fall at all after losing to PSU in the coaches poll. Makes sense though, close game and lost on the road to a ranked opponent!

We're #31 in the Coaches', right behind #29 MSU and #30 Wisconsin - two teams we beat by double digits.

You two are having an issue because only a paid member can initiate a PM, but anyone can reply to one.
Ha! A true dilemma. I just...don't...do...paid content. When I run out of free articles with the Trib for instance, I read something else for the rest of the month. Weird, I know, because I will drop $50 on something else and not think twice

Ha! A true dilemma. I just...don't...do...paid content. When I run out of free articles with the Trib for instance, I read something else for the rest of the month. Weird, I know, because I will drop $50 on something else and not think twice
When you run out of free views on the Trib, use http://outline.com/ before the Trib url and it will convert it to a format you can view for free......

You can contact me at marks83588@aol.com re your W-S question.

Why would we want that? That is the situation where we lose. Now after we beat ND, then we will be ranked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT