ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread for SIU vs. Northwestern

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
It is HOT again on the field. I thought we would have a little more cloud cover today, but the clouds have parted and the sun is blazing. It's 78 degrees but feels hotter. At least they have these high-tech cool benches.

It's gonna be a sparse crowd today. REALLY sparse. I think the student section will be packed, but that's about it.

Reactions: Rebel II and DaCat
It is HOT again on the field. I thought we would have a little more cloud cover today, but the clouds have parted and the sun is blazing. It's 78 degrees but feels hotter. At least they have these high-tech cool benches.

It's gonna be a sparse crowd today. REALLY sparse. I think the student section will be packed, but that's about it.

By the way, Cubs Hall of Famer Ryne Sandberg is in the house today. Not sure why, but I bumped into him on the field before the game.

Apparently we aren't even going to fair catch punts today, gave up 15 yards on that one.

Looking like we’ll see lots of running and a fast boring game, but no Brendan Sullivan touchdown throws.

Wrassler was spot on about keeping Porter in between the tackles! It ain’t rocket 🚀 science 🧫!

Wonder if we’re just giving up those short routes to avoid early big play mistakes? Giving up a lot of easy catches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT