ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread for SIU vs. Northwestern

Attack our linebackers' ability to recognize plays. Any strategy works, it doesn't matter which. Use all of them. Easy success.

There is no way this team can compete with the rest of the Big Ten if we play anything close to to this. If we lose this game we might not win another game all year just unbelievable.

Reactions: PurpleFaze
Thank God SE Missouri State and Incarnate Word aren’t on the schedule.

It is time to really start worrying. If I had a team make this many penalties and secondary mistakes I would be one pissed off old man. Inexcusable!!! We had two chances to go up 21-7 and pissed it away. Now our second interception. The walking dead. Ugh.

This is a complete embarrassment. Any FCS team we should beat by at least 20. Sloppy and our defense is Colby bad

Reactions: drewjin
It is time to really start worrying. If I had a team make this many penalties and secondary mistakes I would be one pissed off old man. Inexcusable!!! We had two chances to go up 21-7 and pissed it away. Now our second interception. The walking dead. Ugh.
Offense sucks, defense sucks. Very disappointing. I don't see much good going on.

But even worse are offense is terrible except Hull running up the middle

The two bad penalty calls in a row definitely affected the game, but it shouldn’t even matter, if we’re taking about bad calls against any FCS team it means we’re bad.

• Angry
1st half - they are better in pass offense and defense. Better coaching. We can run it a bit and stop run mostly. They are a better team so far.

Reactions: Rebel II
Dodged a bullet there, glad they went after the FG. Although situational awareness should have told Gallagher to try to lateral it to someone faster who could score since time was expiring.

Yikes, if not for these 2 missed FGs and the dropped east TD pass by SIU we’d be down by 13 at halftime.

They look way more athletic on offense versus our defense which is scary. And their LBs are clearly better than ours.

They are stonewalling our pass rush. We're getting zero pressure on their QB, and he's just sitting back there picking us apart.

This team gives up 400 plus yards per game passing and what is our answer and game plan? As Fitz just said in halftime interview, "we gotta run the ball more." Hard to do when you have three first down motion penalties! We are not playing well by any stretch of the imagination.

• Sad
Fox showed that SIU has had the lead 7 out of 8 times at half; they’ll probably win only being tied now!

Are we just bad evaluators of defensive talent? Our defense is a joke. This has the making of dark ages football

• Angry
Hilinski is also not playing well, he is passing into coverage, his mechanics are off and his passes are sailing. He trying to do too much by himself.

We're sorta losing to FCS teams more often than we graduate our All Americans. Just happened to look up at the wall after that second INT and it crossed my mind seeing Mark, Joseph...

• Sad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT