ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread for SIU vs. Northwestern

I was gonna hurt my tv if we didn’t kick a field goal there.
I suspect someone had the time to talk some sense to him. I didn’t realize the quarter was coming to a close, so maybe that was the plan all along, but it didn’t look like it.

Someone above said 'our starting CBs and Safeties are hurt '. To be clear, our highly recruited 2nd string guys are getting torched by an 0-2 FCS team

Reactions: drewjin
We are getting completely dominated by a team that lost by 5 touchdowns to Incarnate Word. You know Incarnate Word. The Fighting Wordsmiths

• Haha
Three out of the last 4 years with teams that are not very good. Something serious has to happen to the program.

• Love
Nebraska might have been the worst team thar Northwestern ever played

Unbelievable they move the ball at will and we’re praying to get that last inch to covert a 4th down. That should tell you that we’re not a B1G level of play team.

• Angry
Yes. Had he taken the sack, the defensive hold would have done the job. But you can’t take the sack on fourth down, I guess.

I think Hull got it on fifth down…
We got lucky they called it a first down on the field. It didn’t look like he got it before his elbow hit.

I will point out that the year we lost to ISU, I believe is the same year we beat Pitt. Who hung the only loss on National Champion Clemson. That year was salvaged.

But at this point it seems clear that Pat Fitzgerald just doesn't seem to care much about early non conference games. The kids deserve better than that. Every week, every game matters. None of this hiding your play calling et cetera so that it is fresh for the Big Ten.

I am an NU optimist. But this is completely inexcusable. We have known it's been a pattern for years. And it's taken me a long time to come to this conclusion. That Pat Fitzgerald simply does not put everything into every game.

I will point out that the year we lost to ISU, I believe is the same year we beat Pitt. Who hung the only loss on National Champion Clemson. That year was salvaged.

But at this point it seems clear that Pat Fitzgerald just doesn't seem to care much about early non conference games. The kids deserve better than that. Every week, every game matters. None of this hiding your play calling et cetera so that it is fresh for the Big Ten.

I am an NU optimist. But this is completely inexcusable. We have known it's been a pattern for years. And it's taken me a long time to come to this conclusion. That Pat Fitzgerald simply does not put everything into every game.
No. This is a bad NU team. And Fitz won't admit he made a mistake with a DC hire.

But at this point it seems clear that Pat Fitzgerald just doesn't seem to care much about early non conference games. The kids deserve better than that.
The fans deserve better than that. I paid for a ticket to watch this crap.

• Angry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT