ADVERTISEMENT

π™π™π™š π™π™žπ™œπ™π™©π™žπ™£' π™π™šπ™˜π™š π˜Ώπ™–π™«π™žπ™¨π™šπ™¨

Honestly, this publicity is good for NU on a national level. Galloway was bantering with Rece on their show, and unwittingly exposed his underlying disregard for the NU program. Now that he's been embarrassed by it, let's hope he does a 180 and supports the Cats going forward. Or he could be a stubborn dick about it, we'll see.

Honestly, this publicity is good for NU on a national level. Galloway was bantering with Rece on their show, and unwittingly exposed his underlying disregard for the NU program. Now that he's been embarrassed by it, let's hope he does a 180 and supports the Cats going forward. Or he could be a stubborn dick about it, we'll see.

I’m thinking stubborn dick.

Reactions: scru and DaCat
What a turd.

Part of becoming an adult is learning to graciously eat shit when you have earned it. Galloway isn’t there yet. Probably never will be.
Yep, there've been a couple stubborn dick sightings already.

Reactions: DaCat
What a turd.

Part of becoming an adult is learning to graciously eat shit when you have earned it. Galloway isn’t there yet. Probably never will be.
Good point. Henceforth he will be known as Little Joey.

Galloway’s response begins at about 4:30:

What a tool. Good on the host and Jesse Palmer laughing at his backtracking and calling him out for terrible analysis.
That is hilarious. The other guys were ragging mercilessly on Little Joey, who continues to double down on his stubborn dickery. He even said he wore blue in tribute to Northwestern. 🀣 And was immediately corrected, leaving him stammering. What a tool.

That is hilarious. The other guys were ragging mercilessly on Little Joey, who continues to double down on his stubborn dickery. He even said he wore blue in tribute to Northwestern. 🀣 And was immediately corrected, leaving him stammering. What a tool.
Can’t fault him. OSU players learn to differentiate colors in graduate school.

Always thought it was weird that Galloway has carved a spot out for himself at ESPN, even as the Worldwide Leader slashes its on-screen talent lineup...dude has a skinny neck with a giant t-rex shaped head...not meant for tv.

What's funny to me about the comment is that it showed a total lack of preparation. Did he actually mean it as a compliment? As a "left-handed" compliment? Does Rece have a rep amongst his colleagues? No context, no explanation, just comes off as the former athlete taking a jab at one of his colleagues but not obviously in a way where everyone was in on the joke. And then watching Joey try to save face in the aftermath doing the "thanks for watching the show, Coach" - HE WAS ON THE SEGMENT WITH YOU, DUMMY. But...whatever.

Reactions: SpiroCAT
Sheesh...no wonder Fitz and then team took exception to those comments. Those clowns were very disrespectful to NU. I’d have had that on a loop in the practice facility all week.
Love making them look dumb Fortunately not too hard

Galloway and the rest of the Michigag and OSU former players that are so unprofessional. Can't even listen to them.

Mostly true, but Joshua Perry (former OSU LB) was the only guy on Big Ten pregame to pick NU. DiNardo and Griffith went the other way. Perry pretty much laid out ahead of time what happen and was very early this season to label the NU defense as elite.

Always thought it was weird that Galloway has carved a spot out for himself at ESPN, even as the Worldwide Leader slashes its on-screen talent lineup...dude has a skinny neck with a giant t-rex shaped head...not meant for tv.

What's funny to me about the comment is that it showed a total lack of preparation. Did he actually mean it as a compliment? As a "left-handed" compliment? Does Rece have a rep amongst his colleagues? No context, no explanation, just comes off as the former athlete taking a jab at one of his colleagues but not obviously in a way where everyone was in on the joke. And then watching Joey try to save face in the aftermath doing the "thanks for watching the show, Coach" - HE WAS ON THE SEGMENT WITH YOU, DUMMY. But...whatever.

This. I love metaphors and analogies in sports commentary, but what the heck does comparing a team to Rece Davis even mean? Compliment? Dig? Dig on Rece Davis? Compliment to Rece Davis? Comparing NU players to a nerdy middle-aged man athletically? I think the latter is the interpretation Fitz chose to use.

Just sloppy work by Galloway, but I’m happy he did it as Fitz seemed to squeeze some legit disrespect motivation out of the comment with his players. Watching the Newsome and Brown post game pressers, those two guys were still legit fuming about the lack of respect after the game. Brown was so pissed he even dropped a four letter word (The β€œS” one).

By the way, I wonder if Rece Davis is a Methodist? :D

If you google "rece davis northwestern" this has turned into a national story. So we can thank little Joey Galloway for that free publicity.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
It’s a brilliant ploy for attention. He’s picking a fight that ESPN has to cover, starting with Greeny and Wilbon on Monday. We have to set the expectations now that voters and the committee can’t overlook us.

Clever like a Cat!

Keeps getting better and better...

Yeah, Rece does seem like a good guy, and it looks like he’s having fun with it.

I just watched a college football highlights show on ESPN, and they were STILL giving Galloway crap (May have been taped earlier, but still awesome at 5:00 Sunday)!

Yeah, Rece does seem like a good guy, and it looks like he’s having fun with it.

I just watched a college football highlights show on ESPN, and they were STILL giving Galloway crap (May have been taped earlier, but still awesome at 5:00 Sunday)!
That's good to hear. As long as Little Joey keeps being a stubborn dick about it, he deserves all the crap he gets.

Somebody please tell Fitz to send a CATS jersey with Rece Davis' name on it to ESPN HQ!!!!
If they can come up with $28 they can buy him a Fighting Rece Davises T Shirt

BunchOfReceDavises_BreakingT_shirt_900x.jpg

Reactions: SpiroCAT
For those of us who remember the 95 season, this is eerily reminiscent of the Wisconsin game. Before the game, Barry Alvarez was asked what Whisky would do to deal with the upstart CATS. His comment back to the media was that they "would out-physical them". It was a pure show of disrespect and the team used it as fuel to beat Bucky. Interviewed years later, Fitz said the defense would say to the Wisconsin team members after each tackle, "Was that physical enough for you?" I'm sure the Joey Galloway comment brought those memories back to Fitz. He hates it when someone dises(sic) the players and he feels compelled to push back. The extra pub is just icing on the cake.

I'm voting for Rece Davis for the Heisman.....

What a moment when Fitz called out Joey Galloway in the postgame interview.

It was a helluva lot of fun, and I'm grateful for the bulletin board material, but let's be real... we're the fighting Rece Davises. That lack of separation from our receivers that this board bemoans year-in and year-out? It's due to a lack of athleticism. When we play cover 4 all day, every day? It's b/c we don't have the front seven or lock-down secondary to go cover-0. Love our guys, our blue-collar mentality, and the player development associated with our program... but, uh... let's be realistic about who we are.

Also, F* Joey Galloway. No one makes fun of our guys -- unless it's us.

It was a helluva lot of fun, and I'm grateful for the bulletin board material, but let's be real... we're the fighting Rece Davises. That lack of separation from our receivers that this board bemoans year-in and year-out? It's due to a lack of athleticism. When we play cover 4 all day, every day? It's b/c we don't have the front seven or lock-down secondary to go cover-0. Love our guys, our blue-collar mentality, and the player development associated with our program... but, uh... let's be realistic about who we are.

Also, F* Joey Galloway. No one makes fun of our guys -- unless it's us.
#2, #42, #16, #5, #51, #55, #99 and #77 beg to differ.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT