ADVERTISEMENT

100 days

I always thought Brett Basanez was our best QB.

Maybe Dan Persa pre-Achilles was better, but Basanez was the goods. I just felt we could score at any time on anyone. If only the Basanez led team had a Hankwitz defense instead of the Colby Swiss, I think we are national champs.

How this guy didn't get more offers is beyond me. Good for us, though!

I generally don't watch too much off the high school highlights because they're almost always TOO good and I have to wait forever to see these guys play for my favorite team anyway.

But I go back to Bowser's a lot. It's really amazing how much better he was than every other player on the field. A man among boys.

But I go back to Bowser's a lot. It's really amazing how much better he was than every other player on the field. A man among boys.
Well, he played amongst non-Division I small school competition so he should have. But Bowser showed he belonged with the Men of the B1G last season. What a find for Fitz and staff.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
#49 Days. Paying homage to NU's 49-14 thumping of MSU on 10/22/2005.

I vividly remember the lead up to that game. All the pundits were predicting a pasting of Northwestern by Stanton, et al...

And then the game was actually played.

Reactions: eastbaycat99
#49 Days. Paying homage to NU's 49-14 thumping of MSU on 10/22/2005.

I vividly remember the lead up to that game. All the pundits were predicting a pasting of Northwestern by Stanton, et al...

And then the game was actually played.

I loved that game. MSU was totally unprepared on defense. I think the Cats only reached third down on offense 3 or 4 times the whole game.

47 days. I love the narrator's voice in this one. So over the top.

45 days. There's a discussion on one of the tournament threads about this game, but why not listen to Dave Eanet describe it all?

Reactions: drewjin
43 days. I know this is technically about Jim Henson's high school, but I've always loved hearing Ernie sing our fight song.

Also, Coach Walker, I sure miss him

Me too. Every time he shows up in one of these highlights I get sad. I'm happy with the coach we have, but the world needed Randy Walker for a lot longer than it got him.

Thanks. I looked for this one a few weeks ago and couldn’t find it. Thanks for unearthing it!

Reactions: LACatFan
Just 40 more days. I miss #40. You will too after you watch this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT