ADVERTISEMENT

And the press results are coming in...

GlideCat

Jan 19, 2013
Link: http://www.yardbarker.com/college_f...ll_upsets_in_week_2/s1_12680_24624441?ref=yfp

Duke over Northwestern

Northwestern got some hype heading into the season. Coming off a solid 7-6 record and Pinstripe Bowl victory in 2016, some thought Pat Fitzgerald’s squad might give Wisconsin a run for its money in the Big Ten West. After Saturday, that seems a little less likely.

The Wildcats were on the road, but losing 41-17 to Duke isn’t a good look. Even after the football program’s improvement in recent years, the Blue Devils are still one of the least-notable teams in the Power Five. After a scare in Week 1 against Nevada (and with a date at Camp Randall Stadium looming) it’s time for Fitzgerald to go back to the drawing board. Forget about winning the Big Ten West, Northwestern may struggle to even compete in the division.

Reactions: nickcat4
Right where we want to be. Not joking. If we split Wisconsin/PSU then the Duke game means nothing.
Kind of like the old Steve Martin routine "How to make a million dollars and never pay taxes." First, make a million dollars...

So, here is hoping that the O Line gels, the D-Line strengthens on the edges, and the secondary heals in the next three weeks and we beat either the #1 or #2 team in the power rankings I posted. This sounds sarcastic but is not intended to be. I am just trying to show the steepness of the hill you have put before us with your statement. Not unclimbable... but steep.

Reactions: harkesnu
Kind of like the old Steve Martin routine "How to make a million dollars and never pay taxes." First, make a million dollars...

So, here is hoping that the O Line gels, the D-Line strengthens on the edges, and the secondary heals in the next three weeks and we beat either the #1 or #2 team in the power rankings I posted. This sounds sarcastic but is not intended to be. I am just trying to show the steepness of the hill you have put before us with your statement. Not unclimbable... but steep.

Who says it's climbable? I'm sorry. Even if the defense figures things out and heals, I am seeing nothing out of this OL, and nobody competent to fix it. We are simply deficient at the #1 prerequisite at winning football games, which is the ability to push the other guys backwards. We just can't do it.

So I'm just going to say it now. It's not going to be fixed in 2 weeks. And we're going to get thrashed by both Wisconsin and PSU ... Dark Ages-style.

Brutal, demoralizing laugher beatings straight out of 1981. The kind where, back in the day, the network would switch to another game and tell you that if it gets even close to competitive, they'll switch right back to it, but for now they're going to move to an actual competitive game somewhere else...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT