ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on Hunter Johnson?

Thanks... any indication as to when his NU visit might take place?

Probably needs to be sooner than later if he intends to enroll for the summer, which begins June 25 for NU.
Honestly I have no idea. He visited Purdue without many knowing about it until after the fact. May happen the same way at NU.

Honestly I have no idea. He visited Purdue without many knowing about it until after the fact. May happen the same way at NU.

It has indeed been quite under the radar, especially for a high profile recruit/transfer. Wonder if he learned any lessons from his first turn through the recruiting process, which was pretty well-reported and involved a decommitment, etc.

Hopefully sooner than later so both programs can formulate their QB recruiting plans for 2019 and beyond.

NU's summer quarter starts on June 25, for what it's worth. I'm thinking we should hear one way or another by that point. Would guess he'd like to enroll over the summer, but also not a huge deal given that he will have to redshirt for the 2018 season no matter what.

Seems like Purdue is on a somewhat wonky "module-based" schedule from what I can tell, not sure how that works exactly.
Does he have to enroll in summer school to work out with the team during the summer? Otherwise he can just wait for fall quarter.

Does he have to enroll in summer school to work out with the team during the summer? Otherwise he can just wait for fall quarter.

He could attend player-organized/player-only throwing sessions without being enrolled, but would have to be enrolled to take part in official Strength and Conditioning, the little time that players are allowed to spend with the staff over the summer due to rule changes (two hours/week or something like that, I think), etc.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Hence the "if."

It's not a huge deal if he's not on campus given that he will have to sit out 2018 anyway, but my assumption is that he would want to get on campus ASAP no matter his ultimate school.
No doubt. He knows better than anyone of us what a competitive situation he is in. The slightest trip and someone else takes his place. His high aspirations will guarantee him considering every angle for every advantage. Just what you always want in a competitor and a QB.

Based on anything in particular? Seeing that he's now been on campus at both Purdue and Duke. Have to think he will get to NU before making his decision and campus visits at NU are suddenly a LOT more appealing than they were his first go-around in recruiting (and when his brother was here).

Trying not to get my hopes up too far here, but NU still just makes too much sense in my mind.
Damn man you sound like me. Curb your unfounded optimism.:cool:

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver

Oh boy... how could he possibly turn down the opportunity to hear this all the damn time?

Oh boy... how could he possibly turn down the opportunity to hear this all the damn time?

I'm 100% for tradition, pageantry, and all the things that make college football fun and special. I really am- sports should be fun and crowds should be loud and enthusiastic. But I also reserve the right to say "Yeah, not my thing". And things like this and the Mississippi State cowbells both fall into that category.

Come on, Purdue. You've got that drum. Not just any drum, but the World's Largest Drum (tm). And you choose to ignore it and make a big deal about a train whistle?!? How about a little love for the drum? #stopdisrespectingthedrumPurdue.

He could attend player-organized/player-only throwing sessions without being enrolled, but would have to be enrolled to take part in official Strength and Conditioning, the little time that players are allowed to spend with the staff over the summer due to rule changes (two hours/week or something like that, I think), etc.
Does enrolled mean actually having had to take classes? All our Frosh practice etc before actually starting to take classes. Are they enrolled to start taking classes in the fall? Why wouldn't this be the same situation?

Does enrolled mean actually having had to take classes? All our Frosh practice etc before actually starting to take classes. Are they enrolled to start taking classes in the fall? Why wouldn't this be the same situation?

All freshmen now are enrolled and take classes starting with summer quarter. Wasn’t the case not too long ago but I believe all of them are now.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

They're in classes for summer session.

I'm 100% for tradition, pageantry, and all the things that make college football fun and special. I really am- sports should be fun and crowds should be loud and enthusiastic. But I also reserve the right to say "Yeah, not my thing". And things like this and the Mississippi State cowbells both fall into that category.

I still can't get Vanderbilt's stuck foghorn out of my head, 7 years later.

Just the way things are done now.
Everywhere or just with us? I mean Frosh being able to play goes back to the early 70s. Seems odd that so many guys would be forgoing a big part of their last summer to go to summer school. Is that the only way university insurance covers them?

Everywhere or just with us? I mean Frosh being able to play goes back to the early 70s. Seems odd that so many guys would be forgoing a big part of their last summer to go to summer school. Is that the only way university insurance covers them?

Pretty much everywhere.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT