ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl: Looks Like Pitt in the Pinstripe

PURPLE Book Cat

Gold Member
Sep 3, 2007
Per CBS. Good lord, our defense better strap in on. Averaging well over 40ppg. They dropped over 70 on Syracuse today, and their lowest offensive output yielded 28 points in their opening game.

Oh, and they beat Clemson (who is heading to the CFB playoff) and Penn State (who beat OSU and is in the B1G Championship).

At least our DBs are the strength of the team this year, right?

I think Maryland will get picked for the Pinstripe Bowl, we'll go to the Foster Farms Bowl to play Stanford and Indiana will go to the Quick Lane Bowl.

I think Maryland will get picked for the Pinstripe Bowl, we'll go to the Foster Farms Bowl to play Stanford and Indiana will go to the Quick Lane Bowl.
This makes the most sense to anybody but the NY/NE area alums. Will be more expensive to go to California but I remember freezing in Wrigley field. Not my idea of fun. A Stanford redo would make for a good story. Game would be after 9AM so there would be no excuses. Go Cats!

Per CBS. Good lord, our defense better strap in on. Averaging well over 40ppg. They dropped over 70 on Syracuse today, and their lowest offensive output yielded 28 points in their opening game.

Oh, and they beat Clemson (who is heading to the CFB playoff) and Penn State (who beat OSU and is in the B1G Championship).

At least our DBs are the strength of the team this year, right?

They also give up a ton of points too.

This makes the most sense to anybody but the NY/NE area alums. Will be more expensive to go to California but I remember freezing in Wrigley field. Not my idea of fun. A Stanford redo would make for a good story. Game would be after 9AM so there would be no excuses. Go Cats!
Cheaper. Plenty of direct flights out of ORD and Midway to LAX or Burbank.
Hotels are dirt cheap in san fran and san jose compared to nyc.
Warm weather and the ocean.
Welcome to California, cats!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Easy to fly to San Jose from Burbank. Or since I live north of LA, the drive is not bad at all.
Wherever the venue, Im in.

It's been proven many times in the past that bowl assignments have little to do with what makes sense. And yes, it would be nice for those of us in the Eastern section of the country to have a bowl that wasn't at least 1,000 miles away for a change.

It's been proven many times in the past that bowl assignments have little to do with what makes sense. And yes, it would be nice for those of us in the Eastern section of the country to have a bowl that wasn't at least 1,000 miles away for a change.
And, weather notwithstanding, in an interesting city instead of some cookie cutter southern city that has nothing to offer except weather or mouse ears

Cheaper. Plenty of direct flights out of ORD and Midway to LAX or Burbank.
Hotels are dirt cheap in san fran and san jose compared to nyc.
Warm weather and the ocean.
Welcome to California, cats!
Hey Drill, as usual, you are right on the button. NYC at the holiday season is expensive and the weather sucks. As you know, I've been to every NU bowl game but the 1949 Rose Bowl. If we are in NYC, the streak will be broken.

Sorry. Most of the year I live in London.
Iskaboo is also in London. My third fav city in the world after Chicago and Paris.
Purple party is a pre bowl game party for WR members.
Managed by Flo alum and attended mostly by his minions. ( I am one of his minions when needed be )
Just about once a year, we get to eat and drink together at a venue close to the bowl game.( Or at a random non conf game. )There are lots of pictures floating around here and most are posted by Alaska dude.
Since Fla dude is MIA, unless someone else steps up, no purple party.

Reactions: SciCat
Iskaboo is also in London. My third fav city in the world after Chicago and Paris.
Purple party is a pre bowl game party for WR members.
Managed by Flo alum and attended mostly by his minions. ( I am one of his minions when needed be )
Just about once a year, we get to eat and drink together at a venue close to the bowl game.( Or at a random non conf game. )There are lots of pictures floating around here and most are posted by Alaska dude.
Since Fla dude is MIA, unless someone else steps up, no purple party.

Not MIA, unless you consider visiting relatives in Louisville to be missing. Your phrase "WR members" should read "Northwestern football fans"

Not MIA, unless you consider visiting relatives in Louisville to be missing. Your phrase "WR members" should read "Northwestern football fans"
Die hard fans are inevitably members of WR.
That was a fast trigger time for you, Fla dude. I guess you are always liestening. ( or reading..)

Santa Clara is NOT San Francisco. If you are just making a quick stop in for the game its not convenient to the city at all. In fact the San Jose airport is just a few miles away so that is the best way to travel, wish that bowl game was still at At&T Park

Santa Clara is NOT San Francisco. If you are just making a quick stop in for the game its not convenient to the city at all. In fact the San Jose airport is just a few miles away so that is the best way to travel, wish that bowl game was still at At&T Park
Well then, is the team hotel in SF or SC and where do the pregame festivities take place?

Well then, is the team hotel in SF or SC and where do the pregame festivities take place?

Just taking a guess but it seems like the bowl is advertised as being SF but the actual stadium is in SC. Kind of like someone saying you are from Chicago when you are actually from Mundelein.

Just taking a guess but it seems like the bowl is advertised as being SF but the actual stadium is in SC. Kind of like someone saying you are from Chicago when you are actually from Mundelein.[/QUOTE
Assuming we go there I hope people figure this out. Sounds like driving back and forth from SF to SC is not convenient. Would certainly need to rent a car. I booked the Hyatt Regency .5 miles from the stadium in SC. Others were suggesting to book in SF and fly into SF as well.

Hey Drill, as usual, you are right on the button. NYC at the holiday season is expensive and the weather sucks. As you know, I've been to every NU bowl game but the 1949 Rose Bowl. If we are in NYC, the streak will be broken.
Flights to NYC are likely to be considerably less expensive than SF, certainly from Chi, maybe not from other places. Hotels in NYC though yes are probably more than SF. Depends on whether you have alternative options for places to stay there I guess. As someone who grew up in Chi and lives in NY... the winters are awfully tame in my opinion. Not to say it'll make sitting at a stadium for 3-4 hours in late December warm by any means, but it shouldn't be bad compared to the Midwest.

I have seen Pitt play a couple of times-their running back is special

Could you imagine if the Chicago Bears moved 48 miles out of the city limits? I bet the politicians in this town would try anything to prevent them to even use "Chicago" in their name (not that it would hold any water as you can name your business anything really). The 49ers on the other hand keep the San Fran in their name and I do not think anyone had anything to say about it.

Could you imagine if the Chicago Bears moved 48 miles out of the city limits? I bet the politicians in this town would try anything to prevent them to even use "Chicago" in their name (not that it would hold any water as you can name your business anything really). The 49ers on the other hand keep the San Fran in their name and I do not think anyone had anything to say about it.
A lot of teams do not play in the city for which they are named. Cowboys, Rams, Jets, Giants, Redskins, Patriots, and Bills come to mind.

The City Council would let the Bears go because the citizens here would erupt in rebellion at another taxpayer funded boondoggle to keep the Bears here (I would hope). But they would license the City name and charge royalties to the Bears for using it, and then spend the money on some waste of a project like building the world's largest mass spectrometer to study the fart gas of all the tourists who eat at Portillo's.

A lot of teams do not play in the city for which they are named. Cowboys, Rams, Jets, Giants, Redskins, Patriots, and Bills come to mind.

The City Council would let the Bears go because the citizens here would erupt in rebellion at another taxpayer funded boondoggle to keep the Bears here (I would hope). But they would license the City name and charge royalties to the Bears for using it, and then spend the money on some waste of a project like building the world's largest mass spectrometer to study the fart gas of all the tourists who eat at Portillo's.

I hear you on that but most play in the vicinity (suburb) of their city they are named after not 48 miles away closer to another large city (San Jose). By the way the Patriots did change their name to "New England" when they moved out of Boston for that reason and the Rams do play in LA. ;)

you know I never get the angst some show by the Chicago's Big Ten team slogan...we are actually in the Big Ten and have a campus in Chicago and main campus in a Chicago suburb. Why Illinois and other Big Ten fans get their undies in a bind is beyond me. Also the biggest crybaby of the slogan is Chet Coppock who always points out tSISB is Chicago's team....why that guy has a beef with Nu is beyond me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT