ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl: Looks Like Pitt in the Pinstripe

Santa Clara is NOT San Francisco. If you are just making a quick stop in for the game its not convenient to the city at all. In fact the San Jose airport is just a few miles away so that is the best way to travel, wish that bowl game was still at At&T Park

I booked a decent hotel room a stone's throw from Levi's Stadium for less than $100 a night. If you're just there for the game and not to see SF it doesn't make much sense to stay up in the city.

I'm pulling for Foster Farms, it's nice to have a game on the west coast every now and then since there are quite a few of us out this way. We had a great crowd in Berkeley in 2013.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
you know I never get the angst some show by the Chicago's Big Ten team slogan...we are actually in the Big Ten and have a campus in Chicago and main campus in a Chicago suburb. Why Illinois and other Big Ten fans get their undies in a bind is beyond me. Also the biggest crybaby of the slogan is Chet Coppock who always points out tSISB is Chicago's team....why that guy has a beef with Nu is beyond me
Chet Coppock is still alive? I haven't heard that guy in 20 years. Where is he working now?

Iskaboo is also in London. My third fav city in the world after Chicago and Paris.
Purple party is a pre bowl game party for WR members.
Managed by Flo alum and attended mostly by his minions. ( I am one of his minions when needed be )
Just about once a year, we get to eat and drink together at a venue close to the bowl game.( Or at a random non conf game. )There are lots of pictures floating around here and most are posted by Alaska dude.
Since Fla dude is MIA, unless someone else steps up, no purple party.

My wife and I have a townhouse in Paris, but we pretty much rent it out. It's a great city, but we like London more. The Purple Party sounds like a good time. Don't think we will be in the states for the bowl game, unfortunately.

you know I never get the angst some show by the Chicago's Big Ten team slogan...we are actually in the Big Ten and have a campus in Chicago and main campus in a Chicago suburb. Why Illinois and other Big Ten fans get their undies in a bind is beyond me. Also the biggest crybaby of the slogan is Chet Coppock who always points out tSISB is Chicago's team....why that guy has a beef with Nu is beyond me
Chet Coppock is the over the top Notre Dame supporter as well. Certainly not his year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT