ADVERTISEMENT

Bulletin Board Material?

gocatsgo2003

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
For reasons unclear to me, Dienhart over at the BTN has NU losing to Purdue:

I see you have been breaking down schedules lately. Can you do Purdue’s? – Matt P.

OK. This is a big year for Darrell Hazell, who is 6-30 in three seasons in West Lafayette. He needs to show some improvement. Hazell overhauled his staff. And he’ll soon be working for a new A.D. Time to shine, Darrell.

Eastern Kentucky W
Cincinnati L Nevada W
At Maryland L
At Illinois W
Iowa L
At Nebraska L
Penn State L
At Minnesota L
Northwestern W
Wisconsin L
At Indiana L

That’s 4-8. Is that ambitious? Maybe so. You can mix or match who you think the four wins would come against. Regardless, it may be important for the Boilermakers to reach that four-win level—or maybe more. According to Phil Steele, Purdue is the most experienced team in the Big Ten and the 11th most experienced in the nation. And the Boilers’ schedule isn’t daunting with three non-league games at home and none vs. Power Five clubs. Lots must go right for Purdue—the line play on both sides of the ball needs to step up, and the QB spot needs to stabilize. This is gonna be an interesting 2016 in West Lafayette.

Lazy reporting. Other than the Nebraska game where Purdue blew a lead, NU was pretty much the only game they were competitive in. So he picks NU based on the 21-14 final score. Also Illinois bc I think he thinks Illinois will be bad. That said, bad Purdue teams have a bad habit of beating NU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT